Meracle: 60

Sarah: 54

Myuria: 54

Arumat: 66

Play time: 161:58:00 plus 5 hours

Item Creation: 29/321

Shop Orders: 14/139 

Side Quests: 12/62

The long ocean of stars journey takes our comrades to the optional Wandering Dungeon (WD).

Hide contents

I think WD is one of the most tedious and time consuming dungeon I have played in RPGs. After 4 trips of WD and meeting Santa twice I manage to acquire the gears required to conquer the Goddess. The full Ethereal Queen (EQ) dungeon run took around 3 hours and thankfully most of the non-boss floors had "assassin's trial" and the crystal available instead of the geostone drops requirements. After reaching floor 19, the worst trial is having a 20+ room labyrinth and over 30 crystals to destroy. Before the fight I take a little break and remember to estimate EQ's health based on the rush gauge. I use a party of Arumat, Edge, Reimi and Serah. As EQ's rush gauge starts to increase at around 7, EQ starts to go all out and spam Supernova. I quickly taunt using Arumat and use a fainting potion then did the same with Edge. I then switch Reimi to Lymle and spam Hound Grenade like the world is about to end! After around 10-15 of them EQ falls and she takes the win! I want to thank @dertswa687o for the comprehensive guide on these strategies!
STAR_OCEAN_THE_LAST_HOPE_4_K_Full_HD_Remaster_20180803023923.jpg

Nicely done, congrats :yay: .

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

@dertswa687o Nice fight! The battle was more intense and EQ seemed to start Supernova a bit early. I remember putting on the volume pretty loud to hear EQ's "cease to be" I think to predict her getting serious and goes all out and my party fell twice from her Supernova aside from Serah. Due to her positioning on the other side of the field thanks to the AI she survived and used resurrection units to revive the party. I think EQ's behavior is sometimes very unpredictable.

After completing a few colosseum fights to relax a little I'm prepared to go through the next dive into the WD. I'm looking to get the Levantine weapon near the end floors to get the weapons list complete and getting ready for double and tripled powered up EQ. I hope the fights will go well.

@Dragon-Archon Thanks Dragon! Winning the fight and getting that 10 mins BT with Lymle felt very rewarding!  

Edited by fantrig99
  • Like 1

Is it too late to join you guys on this quest even though I'm currently at 876/910 with the BT's (including earning both of Lymle's from the epic EQ battle) and that I'm currently at 85% with the trophies? ?

That almost sounds like I was bragging there for a bit haha

On 8/5/2018 at 6:53 AM, Lum1nous1 said:

Is it too late to join you guys on this quest even though I'm currently at 876/910 with the BT's (including earning both of Lymle's from the epic EQ battle) and that I'm currently at 85% with the trophies? 1f601.png

That almost sounds like I was bragging there for a bit haha

No, you can still join.

18 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

No, you can still join.

Awesome, thanks Dragon :)

Here's a more detailed version of my progress on BT's and current progress:

BT's:

Edge: 100%

Reimi: 100%

Faize: 78%

Lymle: 100%

Bacchus: 100%

Meracle: 100%

Sarah: 100%

Myuria: 100%

Arumat: 99%

All treasure chests opened, all shop orders and side quests done, all endings unlocked, rabbit races and Colosseum business done, EQ and GC defeated. Still on my first run on Galaxy with the Faize run coming next, followed by Universe, then Chaos. I just finished Edge's 30,000 enemy defeats the other day (I'm seriously almost snoozing doing these lol), and now I'm working on Arumat's 30,000 and just passed the 15,000 mark yesterday.

Coming into this late, I know there's not much left to look forward to progress wise, but yeah this is where I stand at the moment.

Edit: I'll put my exact progress time when I get home. I know I'm around 510 ish or something

Edit 2: 511:51:28 is my current time

Edited by Lum1nous1
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Lum1nous1 said:

Awesome, thanks Dragon :)

Here's a more detailed version of my progress on BT's and current progress:

BT's:

Edge: 100%

Reimi: 100%

Faize: 78%

Lymle: 100%

Bacchus: 100%

Meracle: 100%

Sarah: 100%

Myuria: 100%

Arumat: 99%

All treasure chests opened, all shop orders and side quests done, all endings unlocked, rabbit races and Colosseum business done, EQ and GC defeated. Still on my first run on Galaxy with the Faize run coming next, followed by Universe, then Chaos. I just finished Edge's 30,000 enemy defeats the other day (I'm seriously almost snoozing doing these lol), and now I'm working on Arumat's 30,000 and just passed the 15,000 mark yesterday.

Coming into this late, I know there's not much left to look forward to progress wise, but yeah this is where I stand at the moment.

Edit: I'll put my exact progress time when I get home. I know I'm around 510 ish or something

Edit 2: 511:51:28 is my current time

Ok, added you. Now you're trapped in here until you've platted the game :devil: Welcome to the Epic Quest :yay: .

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lum1nous1 said:

So this just happened:

Hide contents

24qiob5.jpg

A devastated Tamiel had the honor of being the 55th Grigori getting his hind handed to him (again) and being in the glorified trophy screenshot. The grind for the Grigori kills wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, though I ended up defeating about 2 or 3 of them too fast accidentally without Faize getting the kill shot. Probably the most tedious part of this grind was actually running through the dungeon than the actual boss battles themselves, though Gabriel made it mildly troubling. Couldn't there just be a straight-shot to the bosses rather than having to dash and bust NFL moves around the enemies and going through half the map first?

FINALLY done with all the BTs and now all that's left to do are the difficulty trophies, moving on to Universe as of next.

BTs: DONE!!!!

Trophies: 44/47

Time played:

Galaxy run: 527:56

Faize run (Galaxy): 37:05

Total so far: 565:01

Congrats.  Bet you are so relieved that the looooooooooooong grind is over at last.

Kinda off topic, but when I saw that pic the first thing that popped into my mind was "Asmodeus eternal!"

Edited by locutus442
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, locutus442 said:

Congrats.  Bet you are so relieved that the looooooooooooong grind is over at last.

Kinda off topic, but when I saw that pic the first thing that popped into my mind was "Asmodeus eternal!"

Thanks. The feeling is like rain finally pouring down after days of drought through a hot desert, the sun coming out after sailing through a rough storm, having a certain food you've been craving after months of not having it...

Okay, some dramatic overexaggerations obviously but the point is is that it feels pretty damn good! You'll know soon enough when you get that last BT for Edge. ?

2 hours ago, Lum1nous1 said:

Thanks. The feeling is like rain finally pouring down after days of drought through a hot desert, the sun coming out after sailing through a rough storm, having a certain food you've been craving after months of not having it...

Okay, some dramatic overexaggerations obviously but the point is is that it feels pretty damn good! You'll know soon enough when you get that last BT for Edge. 1f601.png

I'm getting pretty close to it.  Just have 3 more BTs for Edge: 255 Anthropology Item Drops, Defeat 15,000 Enemies, and Defeat 30,000 Enemies.

25 minutes ago, locutus442 said:

I'm getting pretty close to it.  Just have 3 more BTs for Edge: 255 Anthropology Item Drops, Defeat 15,000 Enemies, and Defeat 30,000 Enemies.

You going to the Palace of Creation for those? I did my Anthropology drops at the Purgatorium while I did the rest of Edge's enemy defeats at PoC, but now that I look back it's probably better just to do them all at PoC, especially when you're much stronger with better equipment.

Edit: Also, I forgot to say good job on getting this far with the BTs as we all know it's quite a task to get where we are.

Edited by Lum1nous1

Awesome seeing the adventure continue, motivation is strong

To all adventures your progress is triumphant, you're getting close

SO4-HD-West_10-18-17.jpg

Time to reprint the guides to keep track and stay on course, the calnus will get repaired, then portals will emerge when it's blasted

A video must be in the works, in the past I took pics/video with my camera, but now the share button does all of the work.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2018 at 4:55 AM, fantrig99 said:

*snip*

On 8/16/2018 at 7:24 AM, locutus442 said:

*snip*

On 8/23/2018 at 1:58 AM, Lum1nous1 said:

*snip*

Congrats with all the progress :yay: .

4 hours ago, Galactic Hyper Balls said:

Time to reprint the guides to keep track and stay on course, the calnus will get repaired, then portals will emerge when it's blasted

A video must be in the works, in the past I took pics/video with my camera, but now the share button does all of the work.

So, are you going to stack SO4?

• Like 2

Hey, I'd like to join up on this if that's cool.  I'm not very far in, but I'm looking to start actively plowing through this in the next week (stopped playing it late last year just due to time restrictions that have since lifted) and this seems like a good place for motivation.

11 hours ago, Lum1nous1 said:

You going to the Palace of Creation for those?

Yes.  But with the difficulty of keeping all of the enemy groups bunched together to get the chain bonus up to 200%, once I get the Anthropology BT I'll be going to 7SD and getting the kills like I did with Arumat.

1 hour ago, locutus442 said:

Yes.  But with the difficulty of keeping all of the enemy groups bunched together to get the chain bonus up to 200%, once I get the Anthropology BT I'll be going to 7SD and getting the kills like I did with Arumat.

I'm not sure Edge is as effective in the 7SD as Arumat. He doesn't have a good AOE move like Dragon Roar to kill the enemies quickly and they have a lot more HP. The other good thing about grinding in the PoC is that you can just mindlessly mash X for a couple minutes once you start the battle. It's easier to watch TV or something since it requires less interaction overall.

23 hours ago, dertswa687o said:

I'm not sure Edge is as effective in the 7SD as Arumat. He doesn't have a good AOE move like Dragon Roar to kill the enemies quickly and they have a lot more HP. The other good thing about grinding in the PoC is that you can just mindlessly mash X for a couple minutes once you start the battle. It's easier to watch TV or something since it requires less interaction overall.

To me, it didn't feel like Edge was as effective. I went down to 7SD shortly after grinding at PoC with Edge for a little bit, testing the waters, hoping it would be more efficient because of not having the constant trouble of trying to group any mobs together and looking forward towards a mindless grind, but found out Edge was just not defeating all of them fast enough to be worth it, even with the spamming of Raging Strike or Stampede Slash. But maybe some prefer the more mindless grind regardless of how long it would take.

On 8/27/2018 at 5:02 PM, Galactic Hyper Balls said:

Got my first BT last night and the re-master looks damn good on my monitor that supports 2.2 hdcp. last monitor was Hdmi 1.4

Stoked they have options on how hard you want to push the console graphics.

went with 2560x1440, 4k makes the machine a bit hot for extended grinding

Planet Aeos awaits in T minus 2 hours.

I have two days off of work to enjoy the digital world. No phones to answer yesss, or selling stuff in reality but In So4 I will be doing it with style

@fantrig99 salute comrade, thy calnus has crash landed on Aeos, the adventure begins

qlL4ueC.jpg?1

Good luck :salutes:. Nice hat and that t-shirt is very fitting.

• Like 1