Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

1 hour ago, locutus442 said:

Today I was discovering the cure for insomnia grinding kills for Edge and this little guy decides to show up:

jAqTsed.jpg

And with that, BTs are complete.

Trophy count 45/47 (just have beat the game on Chaos difficulty left)

Playtime: main: 467:02  Faize: 86:48  Universe: 29:45

Total playtime: 583:35

If anyone is interested, I plan on live streaming my Chaos playthrough on twitch, my channel is https://www.twitch.tv/locutus442

Right on, it's a gooood feeling see that trophy pop.

Are you saving this platinum for a trophy milestone, i see your pretty close to 5,000 :)

11 minutes ago, Galactic Hyper Balls said:

Right on, it's a gooood feeling see that trophy pop.

Are you saving this platinum for a trophy milestone, i see your pretty close to 5,000 :)

Not really.  If I was closer to 5000 then maybe, but at the rate I gain trophies that would be a bit of a wait, and I don't want to wait that long.

And as far as gooood feelings go, when that trophy popped my feelings were something like this:

• Like 2

With clocking in at a little under 40 hours of my Universe playthrough, I inevitably manage to attain this little spark after the ending sequence and scrolling of the credits:

10ehsmt.jpg

The screenshot doesn't look like a spectacular pwning of a Grigori, but what matters is that the trophy has been earned and that I feel pretty accomplished about it. ?

Now with that out of the way, I'll be moving on to Chaos difficulty as well. I can smell the faint scent of success lingering already. ?

Time taken:

Galaxy run: 527:56

Faize run (Galaxy): 37:05

Universe run: 38:15

Total thus far: 603:16

Trophies: 45/47

• Like 4

On 9/1/2018 at 5:41 PM, locutus442 said:

Today I was discovering the cure for insomnia grinding kills for Edge and this little guy decides to show up:

jAqTsed.jpg

And with that, BTs are complete.

Trophy count 45/47 (just have beat the game on Chaos difficulty left)

Playtime: main: 467:02  Faize: 86:48  Universe: 29:45

Total playtime: 583:35

If anyone is interested, I plan on live streaming my Chaos playthrough on twitch, my channel is https://www.twitch.tv/locutus442

Congrats :yay: , that plat is almost yours.

On 9/2/2018 at 4:11 AM, Lum1nous1 said:

With clocking in at a little under 40 hours of my Universe playthrough, I inevitably manage to attain this little spark after the ending sequence and scrolling of the credits:

Hide contents

10ehsmt.jpg

The screenshot doesn't look like a spectacular pwning of a Grigori, but what matters is that the trophy has been earned and that I feel pretty accomplished about it. 1f642.png

Now with that out of the way, I'll be moving on to Chaos difficulty as well. I can smell the faint scent of success lingering already. 1f601.png

Time taken:

Total thus far: 603:16

Trophies: 45/47

Nicely done, just one more playthrough remaining :yay: .

1 hour ago, locutus442 said:

Mission accomplished!

L5sSxS2.jpg

Playtime: main: 467:02:59  Faize: 86:48:12  Universe: 29:45:03  Chaos: 34:03:58

Total playtime: 617:40:12

A couple of thanks are in order.  One to Netflix, for keeping me sane/conscious while I was grinding Battle Trophies.

The other to @iamjax for his giveaway back in November.  The funds I received from it went to getting this game.

And I may go back to the Ps3 version and get the platinum on that one, just not anytime soon.

Congrats @locutus442! I think you should celebrate this one at least to some extent (have a drink! ?) as this is not just your ordinary 30-40 hr platinum. Anyways, I'm right behind you mang! Just doing a bit of grinding to get ready for Satanail and I'll finally reach the end as well!

I bet that Bison "yes!" in your thoughts just got more enthusiastic. ?

28 minutes ago, Lum1nous1 said:

Congrats @locutus442! I think you should celebrate this one at least to some extent (have a drink! 1f604.png) as this is not just your ordinary 30-40 hr platinum. Anyways, I'm right behind you mang! Just doing a bit of grinding to get ready for Satanail and I'll finally reach the end as well!

I bet that Bison "yes!" in your thoughts just got more enthusiastic. 1f61b.png

When Satanail fell, that is what I was literally doing.

9 hours ago, locutus442 said:

Mission accomplished!

L5sSxS2.jpg

Playtime: main: 467:02:59  Faize: 86:48:12  Universe: 29:45:03  Chaos: 34:03:58

Total playtime: 617:40:12

A couple of thanks are in order.  One to Netflix, for keeping me sane/conscious while I was grinding Battle Trophies.

The other to @iamjax for his giveaway back in November.  The funds I received from it went to getting this game.

And I may go back to the Ps3 version and get the platinum on that one, just not anytime soon.

Nice, congrats :yay: . You've been added to the Hall of Fame.

@Dav9834 time to fire up the forge and create another epic reward.

29 minutes ago, dertswa687o said:

Good job everyone!!! You make me want to do it again...

Thank you, and also you could @dertswa687o (super awesome job on your time towards the plat btw!)...or there is also Mugen Souls if you want to t̶o̶r̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶s̶a̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ embark on another epic journey...

Edited by Lum1nous1

3 hours ago, Lum1nous1 said:

Thank you, and also you could @dertswa687o (super awesome job on your time towards the plat btw!)...or there is also Mugen Souls if you want to t̶o̶r̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶s̶a̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ embark on another epic journey...

I would but I'm actually playing through an epic journey called "get through my endless backlog" right now. The plat time is a bit ridiculous but I think I can do it.

On 9/8/2018 at 1:42 AM, Lum1nous1 said:

After 3 months of solely dedicating myself to this game (and the fact that I usually like playing my games one at a time), my long, epic journey has finally reached it's conclusion:

Reveal hidden contents

2dhzd7c.jpg

2djrz3c.jpg

I'm a very, very happy gamer at the moment! If there's a game out there that tests your patience to the extreme, it's definitely Star Ocean 4...JRPG and the mother of all grinds, so to speak. Things I could have done differently to make time for the platinum more efficient:

- Drop the idea of trying to complete every monster's bestiary to 100%

- Save most of the battle trophies to be done until post game when everyone is at their strongest

- Take the chance of facing and defeating the bosses at lower levels instead of grinding enough to where I actually dominate them easily

- Skipping scenes in both my Galaxy and Universe playthroughs I suppose, but that would take away much from the overall experience

I wish good luck to those who are still continuing this journey, as well as those who have plans on beginning it. For those that are having hang-ups on the platinum, consider at least doing a little at a time, even if it's for only a few hours for a day or two a week, since going the marathon route by grinding day after day after day can tire you out fast and may not be suitable for everybody.

Oh and if anyone's wondering, my sanity is still intact. :awesome:

Game stats:

Chaos run: 24:05

Total time: 627:21

Trophies: 47/47

40-platinum.png attained!!!

Congrats with platting SO4 :yay: . Your post and stats have been added to the OP.

How much sanity is still intact? You may want to check the LP Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z to get rid of the rest :awesome: :

@Dav9834 Lum1nous1 also got the plat, so I'll be needing 2 epic rewards.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Congrats with platting SO4 :yay: . Your post and stats have been added to the OP.

How much sanity is still intact? You may want to check the LP Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z to get rid of the rest :awesome: :

@Dav9834 Lum1nous1 also got the plat, so I'll be needing 2 epic rewards.

Thanks @Dragon-Archon :) 

Knowing me, there's a good chance I'll be taking that plunge and attempt this one too...just not anytime soon I don't think :P, though it could make a great 50th platinum :hmm:...we'll see.

Oh, and Dragon I think I heard the SO4 40-platinum.png calling your name the other day...I think it wants you...badly :eyebrow:.

7 hours ago, Lum1nous1 said:

Thanks @Dragon-Archon :) 

Knowing me, there's a good chance I'll be taking that plunge and attempt this one too...just not anytime soon I don't think :P, though it could make a great 50th platinum :hmm:...we'll see.

Oh, and Dragon I think I heard the SO4 40-platinum.png calling your name the other day...I think it wants you...badly :eyebrow:.

That would make for a great milestone.

Yeah, SO4 has been calling a lot, but I'm ignoring it until I've reached 999 plats.

6 hours ago, fantrig99 said:

11th update:

BT Progress: 

Edge: 100

Faize: 56

Reimi: 100 Lymle: 100 Bacchus: 100 Meracle: 100 Sarah: 100 Myuria: 100 Arumat: 100

41/47 trophies - 856/900 BTs - Time: 345:04:40

Quick update: 

Reveal hidden contents

STAR_OCEAN_THE_LAST_HOPE_4_K_Full_HD_Remaster_20180916133609.jpg
I will come back for the bunny racing sometime later. It is time to reload the 78 hours save point for the Faize playthrough. It's your turn, Faize. Let's go, comrades!

Putting in work, doing a kick ass job slaying them baddies comrade.30K :)

Faize Bt's left many Grigori await and Gabriel will feel the pain to re-spawn them lol

Star.Ocean:.The.Last.Hope.full.161168.jp

• Like 2

15 hours ago, fantrig99 said:

11th update:

BT Progress: 

Reimi: 100 Lymle: 100 Bacchus: 100 Meracle: 100 Sarah: 100 Myuria: 100 Arumat: 100

Quick update: 

Hide contents

I will come back for the bunny racing sometime later. It is time to reload the 78 hours save point for the Faize playthrough. It's your turn, Faize. Let's go, comrades!

Nice! :D It should be almost smooth sailing to the Ultimate Battler trophy from there on out, especially after getting both the 30k enemies done.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2018 at 9:50 AM, fantrig99 said:

11th update:

BT Progress: 

Quick update: 

Reveal hidden contents

Nice, that was fast :yay: .

• Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 0:33 AM, Galactic Hyper Balls said:

Putting in work, doing a kick ass job slaying them baddies comrade.30K :)

Faize Bt's left many Grigori await and Gabriel will feel the pain to re-spawn them lol

Star.Ocean:.The.Last.Hope.full.161168.jp

Thanks! Awesome!:)

On 9/17/2018 at 9:53 AM, Lum1nous1 said:

Nice! :D It should be almost smooth sailing to the Ultimate Battler trophy from there on out, especially after getting both the 30k enemies done.

Thanks!:) Glad to get the grind completed after watching some DB super, One Piece with the Persona series, Kingdom Hearts, and Final Fantasy soundtracks to keep me motivated. I'm looking forward to the Faize run and aiming to overcome Armaros Manifest II for the 2nd time, 130 enemies, and 55 Grigori to complete the Ultimate Battler's final challenges. 

14 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, that was fast :yay: .

Thanks Dragon!:) 

Edited by fantrig99
  • Like 2