Thank you @Dav9834!! 

On 10/15/2018 at 2:07 PM, locutus442 said:

Thank you very much @Dav9834.

On 10/15/2018 at 6:15 PM, fantrig99 said:

Thanks very much @Dav9834!

On 10/17/2018 at 7:38 PM, Lum1nous1 said:

They look great @Dav9834, thank you! :D

You're welcome!

You all DEFINITELY deserved something so special. What you accomplished is amazing, and I have respect for all of you!

Okay to give a heads up on where I'm at, I finished alt Earth and currently on Roak.

Battle Trophies:

Edge: 29/100

Reimi: 20/100

Faize: 34/100

Lymle: 12/100

Bacchus: 13/100

Meracle: 13/100

everyone else that I don't have: 0/100 (duh)

2 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

Okay to give a heads up on where I'm at, I finished alt Earth and currently on Roak.

Battle Trophies:

Edge: 29/100

Reimi: 20/100

Faize: 34/100

Lymle: 12/100

Bacchus: 13/100

Meracle: 13/100

everyone else that I don't have: 0/100 (duh)

Good luck with the game :D .

Finally in the final dungeon in front of the last boss. Meracle is bae for damage. She's my go to killer on everything.

On 18-1-2019 at 6:53 PM, Rick_Sanchez said:

Finally in the final dungeon in front of the last boss. Meracle is bae for damage. She's my go to killer on everything.

Nice work :D .

After getting tossed around twice by the final boss, I level grind to the mid 60's from the 50's and got a few extra things to help me out and I won. Got Reimi's ending as well.

Edge: 29

Reimi: 20

Faize: 34

Lymle: 12

Bacchus: 13

Meracle: 43

Sarah: 0

Myuria: 4

Arumat: 0

I had a bias with Meracle, she was a cat girl that kills everything so I had to use her a lot lol.

Update 2/28

I've beaten Universe difficulty and got all but Crowe's ending, found all ship data, and have half of all chests.

Edge: 44

Reimi: 27

Faize: 36

Lymle: 12

Bacchus: 25

Meracle: 43

Sarah: 1

Myuria: 22

Arumat: 14

Edited by Rick_Sanchez

Posted (edited)

So sad I missed this back when the thread started in 2015. Great idea though! Just landed on alt earth and loving this game!

One thing I wish i had done though, and this is probably now a tale as old as time, is to build a plan of what I should be focusing on in each playthrough. It's the only thing I didn't strategize and I think i probably dropped an extra 15 hours into my current playthrough which'll end up being useless after save data is transferred into NG+

I'm currently on my first play through - 40 hours in. I idled a bit - pausing to go do real life stuff and chores etc, but the majority of it was mainly grinding out materials and skill points with a maxed out green tile Bonus Board. That mechanic is fantastic.

I made a mistake initially in my 1st playthrough, and put some time into Faize before I realised that it's impossible to truly 'complete' him as a character until NG+. So I changed tactics - I'm going to carry on concentrating on getting the endings, side quests etc and anything that is suited for an initial playthrough. Hard part is understanding exactly what I should be focusing on hehe.

After knocking down the difficulty playthroughs after this, I'm wondering if i should just bite the bullet and do a final final playthrough on the easiest difficulty for for those grindy kill count BT's etc

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

@Crispy_Oglop Glad you're enjoying the game! If you're looking to knock out everything at once (which is the most efficient way to do it), you should be focusing heavily on missables during the main story. If you've missed a treasure chest or quest at this point you're already screwed. You haven't messed up on Faize though, as it's most efficient to work on his 130 enemy types before the split. You can reload to that point after you've beaten the game and start your "NG+" with Faize already halfway through.

If you've missed a recipe, quest, or chest, I suggest not worrying about trophies and enjoying beating the game. After that do not bother at all with the extra content and start a new game on Earth. There is no reason to bother with the bonus dungeons when you'll just have to do it again to make every item later.

To that end, it's most efficient to wait on the higher difficulties. It's super helpful having the Ashlay monster jewel, which requires you to beat him 7 times which you will not be able to do until mid/late postgame. Which again you shouldn't bother with if you missed something.

Tl;dr go follow my efficiency guide which covers every missable and because I'm pretty darn confident in it since I've completed the game twice.

Update on my current Earth playthrough:

Treasure trophy is Fubar due to missing one chest I thought I grabbed on Aeos.

All quests trophy should be good to go after I clear the last few I need. If not, I can start a new game on Earth and exclusively play as Faize.

Weapon data should be achieved soon.

Currently working on Arumat's battle trophies, grinding in the Wandering dungeon and I have a super Tri-Emblum on everyone in my active battle party.

Edge: 50

Reimi: 30

Faize: 36

Lymle: 17

Bacchus: 32

Meracle: 44

Sarah: 8

Myuria: 25

Arumat: 81

I'm gonna save Faize for last.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

Treasure trophy is Fubar due to missing one chest I thought I grabbed on Aeos.

I'm following a guide and double checking, but this is a nightmare of mine right now haha.

@Rick_Sanchez - out of interest, what's your playthrough structure/strategy?

15 hours ago, dertswa687o said:

@Crispy_Oglop Glad you're enjoying the game! If you're looking to knock out everything at once (which is the most efficient way to do it), you should be focusing heavily on missables during the main story. If you've missed a treasure chest or quest at this point you're already screwed. You haven't messed up on Faize though, as it's most efficient to work on his 130 enemy types before the split. You can reload to that point after you've beaten the game and start your "NG+" with Faize already halfway through.

If you've missed a recipe, quest, or chest, I suggest not worrying about trophies and enjoying beating the game. After that do not bother at all with the extra content and start a new game on Earth. There is no reason to bother with the bonus dungeons when you'll just have to do it again to make every item later.

To that end, it's most efficient to wait on the higher difficulties. It's super helpful having the Ashlay monster jewel, which requires you to beat him 7 times which you will not be able to do until mid/late postgame. Which again you shouldn't bother with if you missed something.

Tl;dr go follow my efficiency guide which covers every missable and because I'm pretty darn confident in it since I've completed the game twice.

This is efficiency guide is fantastic! thank you for the link!

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

Posted (edited)

@Crispy_Oglop I've already cleared Galaxy and Universe difficulty and working on battle trophies for Edge through Arumat on Earth Difficulty and finishing all the quests on that run then since I missed a chest I'm going to do a fresh run focusing on missable chests and Faize. Then I'll finish the game on Chaos difficulty. I did collect all the chests that are missable on Universe difficulty but I'm not in the mood to do the seven star dungeon on a harder difficulty.

I'm going to have both my Laser weapon and armor bogged down down with Tri-Emblem from santa for amazing stats and pass those 2 equipment around to the people I'm working on. While I'm working on Arumat, I'm leveling everyone to level 200

Edited by Rick_Sanchez

17 hours ago, dertswa687o said:

Planning on making a start to SO4 at the weekend and your efficiency guide looks incredible.  I've added it to my bookmarks and look forward to using it.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

@Crispy_Oglop I've already cleared Galaxy and Universe difficulty and working on battle trophies for Edge through Arumat on Earth Difficulty and finishing all the quests on that run then since I missed a chest I'm going to do a fresh run focusing on missable chests and Faize. Then I'll finish the game on Chaos difficulty. I did collect all the chests that are missable on Universe difficulty but I'm not in the mood to do the seven star dungeon on a harder difficulty.

I'm going to have both my Laser weapon and armor bogged down down with Tri-Emblem from santa for amazing stats and pass those 2 equipment around to the people I'm working on. While I'm working on Arumat, I'm leveling everyone to level 200

That's an interesting approach, I'm wondering, if i don't go through the single play-through strat that @dertswa687o kindly shared - would this be a viable alternative?

• 1st run - Galaxy difficulty - Treasure chests, Quests, Item creation, ending trophies, Monster data, bunny racing
  • 2nd run - Earth - Battle trophies, coliseum and anything else combat/dungeon related like leveling up etc
  • 3rd & 4th run - Universe + Chaos speedruns

It seems like it might work, if a little time consuming, what do you think?

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

That's an interesting approach, I'm wondering, if i don't go through the single play-through strat that @dertswa687o kindly shared - would this be a viable alternative?

1st run - Galaxy difficulty - Treasure chests, Quests, Item creation, ending trophies, Monster data, bunny racing

2nd run - Earth - Battle trophies, coliseum and anything else combat/dungeon related like leveling up etc

3rd & 4th runs - Universe + Chaos speedruns

It seems like it might work, if a little time consuming, what do you think?

dertswa687o's way is more efficient than the way I'm doing but I didn't realize Faize had a kill 130 enemy type BT and didn't use him on my current run so I'm going to have to do a fresh run anyway. I didn't realize I missed a chest until it was way past too late hence the fresh run to be absolutely sure I get all the chests

Your way is ideal as Galaxy difficulty isn't that much harder than Earth so doing Treasures, quests, item creations, endings, monster data would be doable without much issue.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez

1 hour ago, Crispy_Oglop said:
  • 1st run - Galaxy difficulty - Treasure chests, Quests, Item creation, ending trophies, Monster data, bunny racing
  • 2nd run - Earth - Battle trophies, coliseum and anything else combat/dungeon related like leveling up etc
  • 3rd & 4th run - Universe + Chaos speedruns

Keep in mind that these are not separate tasks. In order to complete item creation you need to beat the Ethereal Queen 5 times on one save.

ah yeah, that is true, you do need to down her 5 times to get enough drops from her to make everything.

43 minutes ago, dertswa687o said:

Keep in mind that these are not separate tasks. In order to complete item creation you need to beat the Ethereal Queen 5 times on one save.

Hmmm so technically it could modify this to?

• 1st run - Galaxy difficulty - Treasure chests, Quests, ending trophies, Monster data, bunny racing
  • 2nd run - Earth - Battle trophies, coliseum, Item creation, anything else combat/dungeon related like leveling up etc
  • 3rd & 4th run - Universe + Chaos speedruns

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Hmmm so technically it could modify this to?

• 1st run - Galaxy difficulty - Treasure chests, Quests, ending trophies, Monster data, bunny racing
  • 2nd run - Earth - Battle trophies, coliseum, Item creation, anything else combat/dungeon related like leveling up etc

Move monster data down to Earth as you need post game bosses for it. Might as well move bunny racing down as well since you need to open the coliseum anyway for a post game dungeon.

Move Quests down as well since you need to do Santa's order's in the post game Wandering dungeon. Treasure chests you can get away with since you just need to clear the 1st post game dungeon.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez

9 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Similar to what @Rick_Sanchez said, monster data is tied to the Ethereal Queen as well. Though that one is not as big a deal as monster data carries across saves. Quests are also linked to the second bonus dungeon, as you need to get roughly halfway through the Wandering Dungeon to complete the final shop orders. Treasure chests only requires almost finishing the first bonus dungeon, the Cave of the Seven Stars, but it's a bit of waste doing it if you're not going to continue on to the Wandering Dungeon.

There's enough overlapping elements of the various trophies that it's significantly more efficient to do everything in one playthrough, whether that's your first or second. The endings are the main exception.

I forgot to mention it earlier, but my efficiency guide was originally for the Xbox 360 version and there are some minor differences between it and the PS3/PS4 version. Most notably, a few treasure chests were added, the chest containing Arumat's Dragon Roar now requires the Water Ring instead of the Darkness Ring, the factor overflow trick was fixed (so you can't level up or grind Fol as fast), and the hidden Blue Rose harvest point on EN II has moved.

Also a reminder that you'll need Arumat to complete all quests. Don't keep them for NG+.

Posted (edited)

I have completed one of the major hurdles of the game. I have done all the quests! :D:D:D

Getting down to Arumat's last few BTs. just need the following:

1000 blindsides

100 scumbags killed with the scumbag slayer one hit kill

8,000 kills

15,000 kills

30,000 kills

obtain 255 Entomology drops

Taunt Gabriel 10 times

Taunt Ethereal Queen 10 times (will be combined with Lymle's Ethereal queen BTs)

Edited by Rick_Sanchez

Just a quick question - are there any differences on the PS4 version of SO4 compared to PS3 that I should be aware of?

35 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Just a quick question - are there any differences on the PS4 version of SO4 compared to PS3 that I should be aware of?

There are none.

52 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

as Dertswa687o said, there's no differences. Even the freezing bug present in the 360 and PS3 versions in the Wandering dungeon is present.

2 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

as Dertswa687o said, there's no differences. Even the freezing bug present in the 360 and PS3 versions in the Wandering dungeon is present.

I never ran into it.