Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

Just spent some time creating all the checklists I need, and I already feel exhausted :P

I do have a question regarding difficulty though before I start, as I've gotten myself a little confused from hopping between guides.  For efficiency, is it best to do everything on Galaxy or on Earth difficulty?

Also with the 9/10 difficulty, is it rated that high purely because of the time and grind involved (and missables) or is the game genuinely 9/10 difficulty?

• Like 1

@Mesopithecus I recommend starting on Galaxy since beating Galaxy unlocks Universe while beating Earth does not. Guides for exact damage battle trophies assume you are playing on Galaxy as well, so that will make those easier. While Earth is easier, it's not easy enough to the point where you will save significant time due to the lower enemy stats.

It's rated that high because of the time investment and how easy it is to miss stuff. In terms of actual difficulty it's like 3/10, with maybe 6/10 for the one battle trophy for beating the Ethereal Queen in under 10 minutes with Lymle.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dertswa687o said:

@Mesopithecus I recommend starting on Galaxy since beating Galaxy unlocks Universe while beating Earth does not. Guides for exact damage battle trophies assume you are playing on Galaxy as well, so that will make those easier. While Earth is easier, it's not easy enough to the point where you will save significant time due to the lower enemy stats.

It's rated that high because of the time investment and how easy it is to miss stuff. In terms of actual difficulty it's like 3/10, with maybe 6/10 for the one battle trophy for beating the Ethereal Queen in under 10 minutes with Lymle.

Thank you so much, that's incredibly helpful ^_^

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

I see you could quad plat it (PS3, Japan PS4, North America PS4, and Europe PS4)...is there a person who is insane enough to do that?

Found one, once on ps3, 3 times on ps4 ?

Plus he platted FFXV 4 times

https://psnprofiles.com/satomaru_atoz

Edited by Galactic Hyper Balls
  • Like 1

22,000 kills left for Arumat for his 30,000 kills then I'm off towards a random character. Maybe Meracle.

Edge: 50/100

Reimi: 30/100

Faize: 36/100

Kay: 17/100

Bacchus: 53/100

Meracle: 46/100

Sarah: 9/100

Myuria: 26/100

Arumat: 97/100 (need 15,000 kills, 30,000 kills, and taunt EQ 10 times)

Got bored of grinding so I started on synthesizing things, got the 40% and 60% trophies while going down the Alchemy and Artistry list.

Edit: Just got the 80% going down compounding.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 1

I just got all roll BT's for Lymle and the jumping BT's for Sarah thank god. While i'm on Roak, i might grind out some Sydonaists and Spirit priests for Anthropology drops, but i'm having trouble figuring it out. I'm currently disabling all characters bar Edge and i'm in the Purgatorium hitting both those mobs for Lezards Flasks and/or Cloudy Ciders, but i'm having trouble getting them to drop at all.

• Like 1

@Crispy_Oglop Is there any reason to grind Anthropology drops now? Almost all battle trophies are easier in the postgame, and especially Edge's Anthropology drops as you should combine it with his 30k kills. If you don't want to get 100% BTs, then it's slightly more understandable, but in that case I would definitely skip Edge's drops since you can get to 90% pretty easily without it.

• Like 1

@dertswa687o - good point, i pushed forward further, knocked out some crafting to keep me engaged, finished a tonne of quests - thanks for being my sanity check :).

Progress update: I think i made some good headway across yesterday and the day before -

• Finished pretty much all of the quests in Roak and Lemuria. There are a couple that open up in Roak after the Miga Insect Warren and I still have one to take care of in Lemuria at the top of the Citadel that Lymle's friend gives you. I spoke to her a couple of times so now just to wait an in-game hour for the actual quest to become available.
  • Finished all the Private Actions I can up to landing on Aeos for the second time.
  • Cleared out a few BT's which are a weight off my shoulders - Lymle's rolling, Sarah's jumping & the Ambush trophies for Edge.
  • Put down the Armaros Manifest in the Miga Insect Warren.

Next up I want to:

• Spend a bit of time in the insect warren clearing out mining points and treasures.
  • Head back to the Citadel in Lemuria (an hour should have well passed by the time i get back
  • Move on to EN 2 and take care of any private actions on the way
  • Like 2

progress update:
I hate the Wandering dungeon, the other day it gave me 4 Geostone missions in a row almost all with high double digit numbers. I rage quit for a few days but went back to it earlier and made progress. I obtained the drops I needed and I have enough Philosopher stones to make everything I need using them. I also beat Gabriel enough times for all the wings I need from him.

Battle Trophies:

Edge lord: 53/100

Reimi: 34/100

Kay: 22/100

Bacchus: 53/100

Meracle: 46/100

Grim Reaper: 97/100 (need 15,000 kills, 30,000 kills, and taunt EQ 10 times)

I'm also down to 16 more things to synthesize for that trophy.

Currently killing waves of bees for Arumat's 30K BT.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

update time:

I haven't been playing Star Ocean as religiously as I did with Mugen Souls mainly due to Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers coming out later this year, I've been leveling up my classes in FF XIV in preparation for it. However I've been putting in work on my off nights. Anyway, here's where I'm at:

Battle Trophies:

Edge lord: 53/100

Reimi: 34/100

Kay: 22/100

Bacchus: 63/100 (got his 255 robotics drops while grinding 30K kills with Arumat)

Meracle: 49/100 (Working on 255 Ornithology drops while grinding 30K kills with Arumat)

Grim Reaper: 98/100 (30K Kills and taunt EQ are left)

May 3rd:

Obtained both bunny race trophies

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Arthwyn said:

Just wondering is it too late for applying? :o

32 minutes ago, Galactic Hyper Balls said:

@Dragon-Archon we have a traveler who seeks thy quest

Welch needs your help on her quest of alchemy

star-ocean-famitsu-scan_01-07_0t.jpg

29 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nope, you can join though I don't know if @Dav9834 still creates those trophies.

Ever sense Google "Inbox" was taken away by Google(they never know what they have) and had to go back to their Gmail I havnt been able to get notifications by email very well(it's a mess, I hate gmail).

Seeing the email that I was mentioned was a miracle.

But yes I can still make them! :)

And I swear I'm working on the plat myself B55plh2.gif

(In case of confusion, I can and will still make the trophies.

But I'm totally procrastinating on the plat... :ninja: )

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 3

Advanced issues found

Just now, Dav9834 said:

Ever since Google "Inbox" was taken away by Google(they never know what they have) and had to go back to their Gmail I haven't been able to get notifications by email very well(it's a mess, I hate gmail).

Seeing the email that I was mentioned was a miracle.

But yes I can still make them! :)

And I swear I'm working on the plat myself B55plh2.gif

If you could do that it would be amazing. :D

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

How many do I need to make btw, I have no idea if there's any I need to.

@Dragon-Archon let me know too(our psn message group preferably >< )

I dont trust gmail

Not gonna lie how this will work @_@ but this is my SO4 https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/245-star-ocean-the-last-hope-international/PendragonArthwyn
As for the reward I just recheck it says "June 1st 2015 and January 1st 2017." so I think I won't get any? o.o

• Like 1