Dragon-Archon

Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

3,208 posts in this topic

Just spent some time creating all the checklists I need, and I already feel exhausted :P

I do have a question regarding difficulty though before I start, as I've gotten myself a little confused from hopping between guides.  For efficiency, is it best to do everything on Galaxy or on Earth difficulty?

Also with the 9/10 difficulty, is it rated that high purely because of the time and grind involved (and missables) or is the game genuinely 9/10 difficulty?

@Mesopithecus I recommend starting on Galaxy since beating Galaxy unlocks Universe while beating Earth does not. Guides for exact damage battle trophies assume you are playing on Galaxy as well, so that will make those easier. While Earth is easier, it's not easy enough to the point where you will save significant time due to the lower enemy stats.

It's rated that high because of the time investment and how easy it is to miss stuff. In terms of actual difficulty it's like 3/10, with maybe 6/10 for the one battle trophy for beating the Ethereal Queen in under 10 minutes with Lymle.

6 minutes ago, dertswa687o said:

@Mesopithecus I recommend starting on Galaxy since beating Galaxy unlocks Universe while beating Earth does not. Guides for exact damage battle trophies assume you are playing on Galaxy as well, so that will make those easier. While Earth is easier, it's not easy enough to the point where you will save significant time due to the lower enemy stats.

It's rated that high because of the time investment and how easy it is to miss stuff. In terms of actual difficulty it's like 3/10, with maybe 6/10 for the one battle trophy for beating the Ethereal Queen in under 10 minutes with Lymle.

Thank you so much, that's incredibly helpful ^_^

I see you could quad plat it (PS3, Japan PS4, North America PS4, and Europe PS4)...is there a person who is insane enough to do that?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

I see you could quad plat it (PS3, Japan PS4, North America PS4, and Europe PS4)...is there a person who is insane enough to do that?

Found one, once on ps3, 3 times on ps4 😲

Plus he platted FFXV 4 times

https://psnprofiles.com/satomaru_atoz

Edited by Galactic Hyper Balls

1 hour ago, Galactic Hyper Balls said:

Found one, once on ps3, 3 times on ps4 1f632.png

Plus he platted FFXV 4 times

https://psnprofiles.com/satomaru_atoz

That is insane.  I'll be crazy enough to sorta triple plat it someday (PS4, PS3, and Xbox 360 versions).

22,000 kills left for Arumat for his 30,000 kills then I'm off towards a random character. Maybe Meracle.

Edge: 50/100

Reimi: 30/100

Faize: 36/100

Kay: 17/100

Bacchus: 53/100

Meracle: 46/100

Sarah: 9/100

Myuria: 26/100

Arumat: 97/100 (need 15,000 kills, 30,000 kills, and taunt EQ 10 times)

Got bored of grinding so I started on synthesizing things, got the 40% and 60% trophies while going down the Alchemy and Artistry list.

Edit: Just got the 80% going down compounding.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez