Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

A new challenger appears!

I've decided that it was finally time to go for this platinum after taking an extended break from tedious platinums after playing Mugen Souls. I'm on my second playthrough (first one was mainly just reminding myself of the story, though I did complete all quests). I'm currently going for the "Welch's Biggest Fan" trophy, but need to kill EQ 4 more times (on 318/321 items created).

Battle trophies:

Edge - 47/100

Reimi - 20/100

Faize - 16/100

Lymle - 11/100

Bacchus - 21/100

Meracle - 61/100

Sarah - 16/100

Myuria - 15/100

Arumat - 53/100

Total: 260/900

• Like 4

I'll be doing an update weekly, but posting a quick one now because a lot happened yesterday.

I finished off the Ethereal Queen Feather farming and got my trophy for World's Biggest Welch Fan. I also did 50 solo colosseum battles (61 for Lymle) for each character (except Faize) while knocking out several other battle trophies in the process so not only did I get the trophy for 30% BTs, I'm nearly at 40%. Basic goal at the moment is to try and get everyone (except Faize) to 50% BTs and then maybe start farming Metal Scumbags for the 255 ology drop for Bacchus.

Current Battle Trophies:

Edge: 53

Reimi: 27

Faize: 16

Lymle: 27

Bacchus: 35

Meracle: 61

Sarah: 27

Myuria: 35

Arumat: 63

Total: 344/900

• Like 1

another update:  messed up with welch trophy I'm missing 1 thing I didn't craft I do have all recipes just messed up somewhere I'll probably do all quests and welch on next playthrough :) . my current bt:

edge:79

remi-74

faize-46

lymle-89

bacchus-82

meracle-77

sarah-85

myuria 75

arumat 82

689/900 current time:205hours

I didn't get to play the game as much as I would have liked. I've really been too exhausted to play after work. Anyway, I managed to get 50% on everyone, and did a bunch of the easier BTs (I hate the steal mechanic). I still need to get everyone to level 255. I still have a bunch of easier BTs to get, but those are starting to dry up. The only grindy BT I did get was 999 scumbag kills with Lymle. Hoping to have the trophy for 60% BTs by next week. Anything else will be a bonus. Current BTs:

Edge: 60

Reimi: 56

Faize: 16

Lymle: 58

Bacchus: 54

Meracle: 74

Sarah: 50

Myuria: 50

Arumat: 87

Total: 505/900

update: Decided to work through welchs list on galaxy since I'm just missing one hopefully Ill get it sometime soon :) now onto the battle trophies :D

edge 93

reimi 100

faize 78

lymle 100

bacchus 87

mercale 94

sarah 93

myuria 92

arumat 87

total: 824/900 getting closer to the end :D 

• Like 2

Weekly update time.

I managed to clear up enough of the easy BTs to hit 60%. The last two days have been spent starting up a new Faize-focussed run on Earth difficulty and while I did lose out on a few boss kills, it'll be fine as long as I have enough room to spare with the WD enemies. I've also remembered to keep a backup in the Cardianon Mothership for the 255 robotics drops. For some reason, Edge didn't get the survive six or more ambushes despite me never switching from him or me dying (unless doing rush combos breaks that). I also tried to get the Kokobiel spawn kills for bacchus, but the main boss died too quickly, so will depend on WD for that. On a more positive note, I got a few slightly grindy BTs out of the way (500 interrupts, run 42km, jump 5555 times). Currently about to hit the 7 stars on the Faize run. I'm hoping that EQ under 10 mins is possible without Arumat, though I do have a backup of my main file from just before Gabe.

Battle trophies:

Edge: 67

Reimi: 75

Faize: 34

Lymle: 64

Bacchus: 63

Meracle: 81

Sarah: 62

Myuria: 59

Total: 592/900

• Like 3

On 2/12/2022 at 4:05 AM, manudude02 said:

A new challenger appears!

I've decided that it was finally time to go for this platinum after taking an extended break from tedious platinums after playing Mugen Souls.

Call me masochistic, but I'd really like it if Nippon Ichi remade the Mugen Souls series for PS4 or PS5. I really like the main character, Lady Chou-Chou, she is so cute! And the other characters are also funny. ^_^

10 hours ago, winter_bird_22 said:

Call me masochistic, but I'd really like it if Nippon Ichi remade the Mugen Souls series for PS4 or PS5. I really like the main character, Lady Chou-Chou, she is so cute! And the other characters are also funny. ^_^

I did like the game, but I don't like the idea of grinding out a million shampurus again.

On 2/27/2022 at 8:24 AM, manudude02 said:

Weekly update time.

I managed to clear up enough of the easy BTs to hit 60%. The last two days have been spent starting up a new Faize-focussed run on Earth difficulty and while I did lose out on a few boss kills, it'll be fine as long as I have enough room to spare with the WD enemies. I've also remembered to keep a backup in the Cardianon Mothership for the 255 robotics drops. For some reason, Edge didn't get the survive six or more ambushes despite me never switching from him or me dying (unless doing rush combos breaks that). I also tried to get the Kokobiel spawn kills for bacchus, but the main boss died too quickly, so will depend on WD for that. On a more positive note, I got a few slightly grindy BTs out of the way (500 interrupts, run 42km, jump 5555 times). Currently about to hit the 7 stars on the Faize run. I'm hoping that EQ under 10 mins is possible without Arumat, though I do have a backup of my main file from just before Gabe.

Battle trophies:

Faize: 34

Bacchus: 63

Meracle: 81

Total: 592/900

You can do it!

EQ under 10 minutes is absolutely possible without Arumat. I did it myself, on my Faize file (Reimi does great damage herself with attacks like Savage Sparrows and Crescent Wings). 

• Like 1

Guess I have to make a log here to keep my laziness at bay. In the last 10% zone now but it seems so close yet so far. Most BTs left are -ology drops and kills. Here's what's left:

Edge 4
Reimi 3
Faize done
Lymle 5
Bacchus 4
Meracle 11
Sarah 6
Myuria 3
Arumat 4

Playtime throughout all saves ~335 hrs++ (with unaccounted time like endings and do BTs without hard save to keep stuffs it's more like 350 hrs)

Current plan: Sarah kills Sabertooth tigers with tornadoes until airborne kill count reached. Then Lymle/Myuria for undead/demon respectively. Any -ology left will pick in WD.

• Like 3

weekly update: I finished universe and chaos mode my time for those were uni-11 hour, chaos-10 hours found it really easy on both difficulties. Got every other trophy done besides 100% battle trophies  oh speaking of trophies I hated bunny races was so glad to see that trophy pop.

here is my current bt ps4 list :              ps3 list:

edge 99                                                edge 6

reimi 100                                              reimi 1

faize 80                                                 faize 12

lymle 100

bacchus 93

meracle 97

sarah 100

myuria 100

arumat 97

866/900  I have 10k kills left for edge, not sure how much for arumat  didn't reach 8k yet  

Edited by mizzcreed
  • Like 3

Weekly update:

Not done as much as I would have liked, Faize as a character sucks.... I did grind out 200 colosseum wins though and made sure to kill every normal enemy in the main story with Faize. I'm just about to hit the WD after grinding up some fol for santa. There are still several easy trophies left, however Stun x enemies in a row seems bugged for me. I've save scummed to get about 10 in a row, and I've only done 3 in a row according to my BTs (and even that was thanks to a stun bomb affecting 3 enemies at once). I am however slightly concerned that I only have enemies in 7SD and WD left for Faize, and I haven't even hit 100 different species yet, let alone 130, may do that on a Universe run when I get to that... I've also been somewhat distracted with Gran Turismo 7 just releasing, but this is still my main focus.

Battle trophies:

Faize: 66

Bacchus: 65

Meracle: 82

Total: 627/900

• Like 3

I had problems with stuns in a row the way I did it was make some stun bombs go to aeos stun the bugs if both got stunned I would run away and save but I didn't kill them it seemed to work that way :) I would reload save if I failed to stun 

I got lots done this weekend. I'm nearing the end finally next update will be the platinum. finished edge ,faize and bacchus here's the latest update :)

edge done

reimi done

faize done

lymle done

bacchus done

meracle 98

sarah done

myuria done

arumat 98

896/900 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mizzcreed said:

here's the latest update :)

Man that's really quick. I thought I could race you but that's too far now. Here's my update what I've left:

Edge 4 (15k/30k kills, ology, 99999 hits)

Bacchus 1 (exact damage kill)

Meracle 4 (ology, 3x hits-related trophies)

Arumat 2 (15k/30k kills)

Current plan: Meracle -ology drop then her hit-related ones in arena. After that it's two long roads time.

Anyone done Bacchus exact damage kill on Earth difficulty? Can't find answer online and too lazy to adjust damage myself lol (other exact damage ones could be done on Earth difficulty with formulas for Galaxy though, as enemies have same DEF as Galaxy. I could guarantee that).

• Like 1

It's been a slow week for me. Between being busy and losing two days when my hard drive gave up on me (thankfully only external HDD and not ps5), I've just not made as much progress as I would have liked. Anyway, I've done some gold farming and racked up kills on everything in 7SD for Faize, hitting the 100 species mark on floor 2. It's going to be close as to whether I hit 130 species. I had a WD run go to floor 17 trying to find Santa, so I picked up 3 more shadow BTs and now just need to find him 1 more time so I can make my super tri-emblums.

Battle trophies:

Edge: 68

Faize: 71

Bacchus: 67

Meracle: 83

Myuria: 60

Total: 637/900

Edit: Oh yeah, gratz mizzcreed.

Edited by manudude02
Gratz Mizzcreed
  • Like 1

Only 4 left! Only 15k/30k kills, 255 -ology, and 99999 hits for Edge. Arumat's 30k kills was quicker than expected at ONLY 22.5 hours from 15k kills (was expected around 35 hours). Expect Edge to take far longer though.

Oh and for Bacchus exact damage kill on Earth difficulty is pretty straightforward I'd like to share my method here:

Bacchus lv255, maxed BEAT B

Target damage: 1728 on Honeybee of Roak

Scumbag Slayer

no armor

Ashlay Bernbeldt Jewel

Attack Bracelet synth with 2x Blueberry for 2x ATK+1

= 891 ATK

long range normal attack

• Like 1

Round 2: Going to attempt the platinum once again but will be a bit more casual this time around. This will be the last time going for plat. also congrats mistergibraltar :) 

So far I finished the game on galaxy got all the endings and reached rank 1 in battle arena also reached max level 200. My current time is 23:42.

edge 37

reimi 0

faize 28

lymle 1

bacchus 17

meracle 8

sarah 10

myuria 10

arumat 25

total 136/900

also if anyone's having troubles with bacchus deal exact 512 and 1,024 this might help out :)

galaxy bacchus 255  beat b

attack 2659

colosseum team gemini dragons then chain justice savior. 

t08 lightning cannon                 skills:

mighty varigear                         justice savior

anti poison                                 justice savior

wisdom bracelet                        hp boost        fury boost

• Like 1

Weekly update time.

This week has been about clearing up Faize's trophies, which are "nearly" done now. Only BTs left for him are 2k+3k battles (on about 1600), and 55 grigori kills. I also got the trophy for 75% BTs in the process. I've also knocked out a few miscellaneous movement based trophies (jump 8k meters with Edge, roll 10km with Lymle) and have been working on Sarah to grind kills when I can't be bothered doing 7SD runs. Annoyingly, Meracle and Reimi keep sniping my grigori kills so I still have a long way to go. My plan today is to go for the EQ under 10 mins on my faize file and if it works out, will do repeated runs of 7SD. With a bit of luck I'll still have enough battles to get Sarah's -ology and kills BTs.

Current BTs:

Edge - 70

Reimi - 75

Faize - 97

Lymle - 67

Bacchus - 68

Meracle - 83

Sarah - 74

Myuria - 61

Arumat - 87

Total: 682/900

• Like 1

Debriefing:

Finally got it. The most demanding silver trophy I've ever got.

:silver:Ultimate Battler

...and that means I platted it! Edge from 15k to 30k kills unexpectedly took less than Arumat's about half an hour (22 hours). Definitely felt longer though. Here's the time:

blind Galaxy run - 57:35

Earth Arumat - 260:48

split for Faize and Edge kill - 64:15

Universe - 13:28

Chaos - 21:21

total - 416:47++

with unaccounted hours like 4 endings, 3x failed attempts for 10mins EQ, BTs done without hard saves it's more like 440 hours total. A turbo part for controller is definitely godsend or else I don't think I could've done it.

On 3/16/2022 at 7:44 AM, mizzcreed said:

Round 2: Going to attempt the platinum once again 

Well salutes to you then. I think I'm done for good. Was a good 300 hours yes but the later 120+ hours for the last 25% BTs isn't what I'll be going for again.

• Like 4

It's a bit later than normal for my weekly update, been busy all day, but here goes:

Ultimately my goal of EQ-10 mins failed. Tried twice last Sunday, but wasn't able to get it. Because of this, I started focussing on the other characters. I've not done any of the really grindy ones, but I did get the 55 grigori kills. I've done some of the exact damage trophies, a bunch of other easy BTs and now have 200 colosseum wins with Edge. I'll give EQ one more try tonight (might stream the attempt if I have time- name is manudude03 there, I am no pro streamer though). Anyway, the most important part of the update, the battle trophies:

Edge: 81

Reimi: 83

Faize: 98

Lymle: 71

Bacchus: 74

Meracle: 85

Sarah: 81

Myuria: 65

Arumat: 88

Total: 726/900

• Like 2

my progress on ps3 version :

I'm at 270 hours currently. I finished all welches recipes, did most of the bunny races think I need 20 wins, did  quick playthrough on universe ended up with 6hours when I finished. I think I'll have the platinum sometime next week :) 

edge-100

reimi-58

faize-100

lymle 98

bacchus 100

meracle 100

sarah-100

myuria-67

arumat-100

total: 823/900

Edited by mizzcreed
  • Like 3