Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

It's awesome!

Nice, I'm glad you like it.

Starting to read some tips before I play. I want to start on June 1st with everyone, but would only get to play for a couple of days before I'm gone for 3 whole days...

I have a question: How do we know where to save with which character? Is it in the guide?

The .org guide mentions where to save for Faize.

What? How could I miss this? Looks so epic, xD whenever archon unleashes wrath, bow dow, so I'm not surprised, looks indeed amazing.

Thnx bud :highfive:.

I updated my status a month ago saying that I was gonna start playing Star Ocean 4, then maybe go for the plat. I really did consider going for it, then someone posted that I need to kill 30,000 mobs on.... two characters I think? For one battle trophy I believe. At that I point, I just said screw it haha. 

Good luck to everyone, and I really really mean that. 

I'll admit, I DID think about joining when I first saw this thread, then I instantly remembered the 60k kills >< Oh boy... I'm gonna have to have a little think about this lol. 

If you decide to join, know that you won't suffer alone. We'll all know exactly what everyone will be going through and can hopefully help and encourage each other to keep at it.

Don't you want to join in on that grindy fun dood? :awesome:

If you like it so much, you can create a new account and join too dood :P.

I love my intro. :P

Will be starting my (slow) progress on this game very soon! Do you want us to post our updates here with how far we've gotten?

Nice, I'm glad you like it.

Sure that's what I'm hoping for everyone will do.

Styx2319

The next member has sailed all across the world and made quite a name for himself: I'm talking about the pirate Styx. Rumor has it that he even found a way to the underworld with an ancient map and sailed on the river Styx that separates the underworld from the land of the living. He was immediately attacked by Charon (the ferryman who crosses the souls to the underworld and requires a coin to do so) and after a fierce battle, Styx managed to defeat Charon. In the aftermath Styx claimed Charon's scimitar and compass, and plundered his ship that contained milions of coins. The scimitar has a special ability to affect the tide by influencing the lunar cycle and can also store moonlight, which can be used as a source of light. The compass always points to the thing the holder wants most and will definitely help us reach the SO4 plat shrine.

Epicness! Great intro!

• Like 1

Epicness! Great intro!

I'm glad you like it, I've tweaked it a little bit.

I actually earned a trophy on it on my dummy account so maybe I will join in and be that epic person that plats it twice dood MWAHAHAHA!!!!!

That would be hardcore indeed dood, I'll add you to the list right away :awesome:.

Sorry Archon, Just now seen this x-D.

I'll be down to play for fun & work toward's it again.

Ok, welcome to the team :highfive:. Are you going to write your own intro?

Also I noticed you're really close to plat #100, you could try to obtain SO4 as #100 too (like Precision).

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Ok, welcome to the team :highfive:. Are you going to write your own intro?

Also I noticed you're really close to plat #100, you could try to obtain SO4 as #100 too (like Precision).

U made a lot of "Epic" intro's. So I'll let u wright it good Sir!!  :highfive:

That would make for a awesome #100 !! Just need to bang out the remaining few I need lol.

I actually earned a trophy on it on my dummy account so maybe I will join in and be that epic person that plats it twice dood MWAHAHAHA!!!!!

you crazy dood :o , one person named falcon did it on the 360 in 870 hours and 600 hours on the ps3 :blink:  F'ing crazy kick ass game, but damn 900 BT's all over again.

Prinny dood  :awesome:

demotivational-poster-17321.jpg

Edited by nevetsteven2

Seeing you all band together to go on a suicidal very epic quest has inspired me to embark on an undertaking of my own. Granted, it won't be quite as impressive as trying to :platinum: Star Ocean, but it'll be fun for me...well, at least I hope it is! xD Starting my own thing Monday while I watch your progress.

• Like 1

Seeing you all band together to go on a suicidal very epic quest has inspired me to embark on an undertaking of my own. Granted, it won't be quite as impressive as trying to :platinum: Star Ocean, but it'll be fun for me...well, at least I hope it is! xD Starting my own thing Monday while I watch your progress.

It sure is inspiring. Here's hoping we'll stick together until the end. Have you decided which games you're going to do?

Yaay 18 votes, Go me!!  B)

Woohoo, now you can't back out and plat something else, or you'll disappoint 18 people (yourself included) :P.

U made a lot of "Epic" intro's. So I'll let u wright it good Sir!!  :highfive:

That would make for a awesome #100 !! Just need to bang out the remaining few I need lol.

Added your intro to the OP, I hope you like it. There wasn't much to go on except the 2 pictures on your profile and I really had to think a lot of what to include. Let me know what you think.

On second thought, never mind. xD

I hope you're reading up on it!

But what am I going to do with the official PSNP cheerleader outfit and pom poms?

I didn't vote for myself, I promise lol. I wouldn't back out anyways, paid an extortionate £18 for this game lol

Right ;). That is a lot, I got the game for €15, which is about 10-12 pound.

I'll be getting this when I get paid in a week. I borrowed SO4 on Xbox 360 from a friend a few years ago and enjoyed it, but never finished it. I've been looking for a reason to get it on PS3 and play it again. And I've been wanting to get more involved with the community here, so count me in, doods!

• Like 1

Somehow I missed this comment. Would you like to join as an advisor? If so, are you going to write your own intro?

I can be an adviser if you want, like I said before I haven't played it in awhile but I could still help when I can. Party customization, some warnings before dungeons, etc.

I'll be getting this when I get paid in a week. I borrowed SO4 on Xbox 360 from a friend a few years ago and enjoyed it, but never finished it. I've been looking for a reason to get it on PS3 and play it again. And I've been wanting to get more involved with the community here, so count me in, doods!

Awesome, welcome to the team :highfive:. Are you going to write your own intro?

I can be an adviser if you want, like I said before I haven't played it in awhile but I could still help when I can. Party customization, some warnings before dungeons, etc.

I took a look at your profile and it seems you haven't done the grindy stuff, just completed the game once. So with what specific things could you advise us?

Chuck

Meet Chuck, he likes fast cars, ramen, and scaring people, and his favorite holiday is Halloween (because free candy and scaring people all day long). Chuck loves scaring people so much, he has developed a special kind of magic to control dolls. These are special kind of dolls that range from a good scare to striking fear into people. Some of his favorite dolls are a band of skeleton mariachis, a pink-haired, human-sized puppet called Sasori, and (his favorite) Chucky doll. The Sasori puppet is the most deadly and is outfitted with a lot of hidden melee weapons, a flamethrower, and can shoot darts too. Masamune has coated the melee weapons and darts with various poisons. The Chucky doll is mostly intended to strike fear and the skeleton mariachis are used for comical effects, though they and Lou make a good team when giving a concert.

Epic Sir !! Awesome Intro  :highfive:

I've been thinking about it, and I might make Star Ocean  4 a milestone platinum for myself, as in my 150th platinum. I'm trying to get other games done anyway and I wanna put forth all my effort when I can get to Star Ocean. I might be one of the last people to platinum it by then but oh well, I'll hop on it every now and again.