I survived Xenoverse's merciless RNG

Zenpai

I got the platinum trophy on Catherine, cleared Bayonetta on every difficulty with all three characters, and not even Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood's extremely buggy servers managed to keep me from grabbing all the online trophies, so as you can see, there's a reason why most people tell me I have a lot of patience when it comes to videogames.

And yet, the bounds of that patience were put to the test by Dragon Ball: Xenoverse.

I can deal with insanely difficult stages, I can deal with crappy servers, I can even deal with some survival modes. But RNG... man, oh man. I don't usually play RPGs, so it's something I don't usually have to deal with, but from all the negative reaction I saw, Xenoverse's is pretty bad even by RNG standards.

Oh well, at least I don't have to deal with it anymore.

Wi6tM6Q.jpg?1

No cheats, not even a single trade. Just good ol' grinding. Lots and lots and lots and lots of it. icon_crazy.gif And it "only" took me two and a half months.

Here's to hoping that, in case a Xenoverse 2 ever gets made, the RNG system gets ditched and never comes back.

Now then, I guess I'll be making a full console backup (because I'm certainly not doing this ever again!). Then, I'll just move on and not play this game for the next... five years or so. Yeah, that should do the trick.

(Oh, wait, there's a third DLC pack coming, right?)

(Right.)

(Damn it.)

Even with the dodgy RNG, I think Xeno-verse was awesome. 

Even with the dodgy RNG, I think Xeno-verse was awesome. 

It was good. It wasn't on the same level as other games made by Dimps (IMHO), but it was original and fun. The overwhelming need for grinding killed that fun a bit, but it's still pretty solid.

It was good. It wasn't on the same level as other games made by Dimps (IMHO), but it was original and fun. The overwhelming need for grinding killed that fun a bit, but it's still pretty solid.

Don't talk about the grinding, I felt Dimps didn't care lol. I can't wait and I hope Dimps make the new Dragonball Super game if one gets announced. 

Edited by ZeroXOF
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I got the platinum trophy on Catherine, cleared Bayonetta on every difficulty with all three characters, and not even Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood's extremely buggy servers managed to keep me from grabbing all the online trophies, so as you can see, there's a reason why most people tell me I have a lot of patience when it comes to videogames.

And yet, the bounds of that patience were put to the test by Dragon Ball: Xenoverse.

I can deal with insanely difficult stages, I can deal with crappy servers, I can even deal with some survival modes. But RNG... man, oh man. I don't usually play RPGs, so it's something I don't usually have to deal with, but from all the negative reaction I saw, Xenoverse's is pretty bad even by RNG standards.

Oh well, at least I don't have to deal with it anymore.

Wi6tM6Q.jpg?1

No cheats, not even a single trade. Just good ol' grinding. Lots and lots and lots and lots of it. icon_crazy.gif And it "only" took me two and a half months.

Here's to hoping that, in case a Xenoverse 2 ever gets made, the RNG system gets ditched and never comes back.

Now then, I guess I'll be making a full console backup (because I'm certainly not doing this ever again!). Then, I'll just move on and not play this game for the next... five years or so. Yeah, that should do the trick.

(Oh, wait, there's a third DLC pack coming, right?)

(Right.)

(Damn it.)

I did all of that on those same 3 games LOL nice one, and you even got all the equipment too? Damn, I don't think I have what it takes to do that one as well... Oh who the hell am I kidding, I'll have to, damn OCD... Now to put you into tears, there's a master on the 3rd DLC that once in a while gives you a fortune, that fortune makes a item drop 100% of the time the next time you do a PQ :P Still waiting for a price drop on the Season Pass so I can get all DLC though... Anyways congrats, someday it will be me ;)

• Like 1

Congrats, RNG in the last 2 dbz games have killed me inside haha. 

If they do a Xenoverse 2, I hope they kill the RNG completely, or at least nerf it heavily.

I did all of that on those same 3 games LOL nice one, and you even got all the equipment too? Damn, I don't think I have what it takes to do that one as well... Oh who the hell am I kidding, I'll have to, damn OCD... Now to put you into tears, there's a master on the 3rd DLC that once in a while gives you a fortune, that fortune makes a item drop 100% of the time the next time you do a PQ :P Still waiting for a price drop on the Season Pass so I can get all DLC though... Anyways congrats, someday it will be me ;)

Oh, look, a fellow crazy person! :P  Yeah, I since found out about Elder Kai's special ability, but it didn't bother me too much, I got everything I wanted and that's what's important.

And thanks! You'll be able to do it too, eventually, just stick with it and deplete your patience reserves for the next 5 years ;)  It's not at all impossible, I took 2 1/2 months, but I've since met someone that did it in half that time. With Elder Kai it should be even faster.

2.5 months!? Man... you got some shitty luck. I hope your weren't grinding continuesly during that period of time. I finished the plat in 2.5 weeks. And I thought I had bad luck with some of the drops...

There are a couple of set requirements for some of the drops too (they drop of certain opponents, sometimes opponents that appear randomly), were you aware of that?

Edited by Ric

Welcome to the club pal!

Yes, getting some items and skills was kinda frustrating, but i liked the game so much that didn't bothered me that much. 

I would have liked it a lot more if it wasn't for this merciless RNG. Otherwise, it was okay, but nothing nowhere near Dimps' Budokai games.

2.5 months!? Man... you got some shitty luck. I hope your weren't grinding continuesly during that period of time. I finished the plat in 2.5 weeks. And I thought I had bad luck with some of the drops...

There are a couple of set requirements for some of the drops too (they drop of certain opponents, sometimes opponents that appear randomly), were you aware of that?

If you check my profile, you can see that I got the plat in 5 weeks. And I only play games at most for 3-4 hours per day (in 1-hour chunks).

Merely getting the plat wouldn't get you 100% on everything as shown in the photo above since it only requires you to get every skill. To get 100% completion in-game, you also need to use all the recipes and get every z-soul and every single piece of equipment, which is why it took me twice as much.

And yes, I did know of the requirements to get the drops, I followed this very useful guide. Even though it's not complete yet, it's still pretty handy.

I would have liked it a lot more if it wasn't for this merciless RNG. Otherwise, it was okay, but nothing nowhere near Dimps' Budokai games.

If you check my profile, you can see that I got the plat in 5 weeks. And I only play games at most for 3-4 hours per day (in 1-hour chunks).

Merely getting the plat wouldn't get you 100% on everything as shown in the photo above since it only requires you to get every skill. To get 100% completion in-game, you also need to use all the recipes and get every z-soul and every single piece of equipment, which is why it took me twice as much.

And yes, I did know of the requirements to get the drops, I followed this very useful guide. Even though it's not complete yet, it's still pretty handy.

Ahhh, my bad :). In that case, very nice job!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You had to deal with getting a Z rank in "The Cell Games Comtinued." You poor soul...

P.s. Are there any completion bonus for 100% the game?

"The Cell Games Continued" was not the worst PQ to me, not by a long shot. Try "Warriors' Annihilation - Future Chapters". I must have done it more than 50 times before I finally got the bloody Heat Dome Attack. Again, RNG. What's easy for you could be hellish for me and vice-versa.

Regarding the completion bonus... well, you do get all the items in the game... I think that's enough of a reward in and of itself. Other than that, no, no reward.