Thoughts on this game?

Lady Lilith

I may get it some time soon because I saw a recommendation thread for hack n slash games, with this and some other games on it. Looked at the Amazon reviews, and it sounds like I'd enjoy it...gotta say, I wasn't expect this game to be rated 4 stars when I've never heard of it before. I was wondering if anyone here had this game and what they thought of it.

• 8 months later...

I may get it some time soon because I saw a recommendation thread for hack n slash games, with this and some other games on it. Looked at the Amazon reviews, and it sounds like I'd enjoy it...gotta say, I wasn't expect this game to be rated 4 stars when I've never heard of it before. I was wondering if anyone here had this game and what they thought of it.

well i have this game, :) hard trophy since u need to win over so many times!.

the boss fight a really good hardcore classic boss fight with cutscene where u need to click fast just like Asura's wrath. but asura's wrath is short got better soundtrack and i enjoy the story.

knights contract

• 2 months later...

I played and hated. It's just nauseating so I stopped playing the next day

edit: changed my mind a while back. went to complete it and kinda loved the voice acting and the story/gameplay. Not a must have by everyone but much more compelling than before. If you find it cheap play it and you won't regret.

Edited by hsouzaz

• 2 years later...

I was really enjoying the game up to the Chapter 10 boss fight...CHEAP.AND.BROKEN.AS.HELL. That "experience" alone made me want to quit playing the game.  The game tries to pull almost every cheap boss parlor trick there is on you...including slowing down your hardware! I had long loading screens-galore even when resuming the game from the pause menu and during the many unnecessary cutscenes throughout the battle. Seriously, she makes Shao Kahn look like fricken Birdo...

this is actually one of my favorite games it takes some getting used to and at times can be boring but only in certain areas over all id recommend it, its not for everyone but if u push through the slow parts u just might find its a freakin awesome game i wish and really hope there will be a sequel but its been afew years and i havnt heard anything

• Like 3

Ok, I just finished it and my final conclusion is this: I've played worse games but there are a lot of things wrong with Knight's Contract. Here are a few just off the top of my head:

• horrible level design. Seriously almost every level feels like a maze and I didn't get the impression that it was done intentionally.
  • cheap boss fights
  • Extremely low recovery times for the protagonists once they take a hit
  • No health indicator at all for Henrich (the knight) besides whenever he starts holding his side.
  • Sections of the game where the protagonists are split up: Gretchen is severely underpowered when fighting the same enemies compared to Henrich ; the FOUR consecutive levels this takes up felt lazy (like bad DLC)...everything happens in the same location and you're just doing the same objectives over & over again
  • The protagonists feel incredibly clunky and slow in a faced paced genre!
  • The friendly AI for Gretchen is just good ole' fashion stupid. This is bad given the fact that 90% of the game's premise it to protect her from getting killed.
  • Reviving Henrich - its the most inconsistent thing in the game. Some times he'll get up after a few seconds of mashing the "X" button repeatedly and other times it seemed like the game flat out ignored the fact that I was trying to revive him as literally a whole minute passed before he either finally got up (very very slowly) or Gretchen was killed by an enemy.

I guess I feel similar towards this as I ended up feeling about the first Assassin's Creed game: My interest in the story kept me going. I did really enjoy that and was genuinely interested in its progression and how it would all end. Just my 2 cents...

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

i really enjoyed the game but it does have some major issues as you said Merciful. however except for the Witchslayer difficulty i really enjoyed the game, those QTE's were abysmal on Witchslayer, maybe if they tweaked the QTEs overall and gave a map marker for levels since they are a bit labyrinth-y it could really improve the game. would not mind a PS4 edition with a few fixes myself.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...