Opinion: This game is easily the worst in the series.

I was skeptical when I heard this game was multiplayer, as an R&C game has never been multiplayer before (that I know of, I haven't played Deadlocked). I bought it at launch anyway, because I've never played a bad or mediocre Ratchet game. Biggest mistake ever.

I really tried to like this game, but I kept finding bugs, glitches, physics problems, and various problems with the game. Among them was a fight in Polar Sea that I literally could not win, not because of a lack of skill, but because I kept running out of ammo, even though I had a ton of weapons upgraded to max, and so did my partner. I finally gave up on the game when I finally got past that fight, only to be greeted with another impossible fight. Fights like that is just bad game design; I don't know if they were unwinnable because I was playing on 2 player instead of 4 player (wouldn't the difficulty scale like Diablo II?), or if it was just because it was clearly a rushed game.

Anyway, I really hope the next R&C game Insomniac makes is single player like everything before this one. You know, the way Ratchet & Clank games are MEANT to be.

• Like 2

Still the only game in the series I don't own, not because I don't want to play it but because it wasn't a priority due to its co-op format. Sorry to hear about your experience with it.

Still, R&C HD collection soon! Chin up! :D

• Like 1

I think it's pretty good. To be honest, Quest For Booty is the worst in the series, but that's unfair because it was a 15 dollar downloadable title where you used only the wrench for a majority of the short game. By the way, Up Your Arsenal had Multiplayer and it was fucking awesome.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I was skeptical when I heard this game was multiplayer, as an R&C game has never been multiplayer before (that I know of, I haven't played Deadlocked). I bought it at launch anyway, because I've never played a bad or mediocre Ratchet game. Biggest mistake ever.

I really tried to like this game, but I kept finding bugs, glitches, physics problems, and various problems with the game. Among them was a fight in Polar Sea that I literally could not win, not because of a lack of skill, but because I kept running out of ammo, even though I had a ton of weapons upgraded to max, and so did my partner. I finally gave up on the game when I finally got past that fight, only to be greeted with another impossible fight. Fights like that is just bad game design; I don't know if they were unwinnable because I was playing on 2 player instead of 4 player (wouldn't the difficulty scale like Diablo II?), or if it was just because it was clearly a rushed game.

Anyway, I really hope the next R&C game Insomniac makes is single player like everything before this one. You know, the way Ratchet & Clank games are MEANT to be.

I played through this game on 2 player offline co-op. I haven't upgraded any guns at all, and I never once found a difficult fight. I found this game to be just as easy as all the others. I am not sure where you ended up stuck?

My next question is, why is Multiplayer inherently bad? I thought this game handled co-op extremely well. You are not forced to play co-op by any means, but you are rewarded with more bolts. It was a great way to encourage people to play this game with a friend. I will be honest, co-op is the one thing I always thought that the older games were missing. Don't get me wrong, they were amazing games, but they were amazing games that I wanted to play with a friend. I would not say that this game was better then the others, but I will say that I really enjoyed how they handled to co-op style, and it made the game better than it would have been.

• Like 1

I played through this game on 2 player offline co-op. I haven't upgraded any guns at all, and I never once found a difficult fight. I found this game to be just as easy as all the others. I am not sure where you ended up stuck?

My next question is, why is Multiplayer inherently bad? I thought this game handled co-op extremely well. You are not forced to play co-op by any means, but you are rewarded with more bolts. It was a great way to encourage people to play this game with a friend. I will be honest, co-op is the one thing I always thought that the older games were missing. Don't get me wrong, they were amazing games, but they were amazing games that I wanted to play with a friend. I would not say that this game was better then the others, but I will say that I really enjoyed how they handled to co-op style, and it made the game better than it would have been.

Good, then I guess they patched the ridiculous fights, cause I got stuck twice on Polar Sea.

I actually got the urge to beat this game a few days ago after thinking I can just do it in single player and blast through it, but the only thing that sucks is I somehow lost my save data. It's gonna suck getting back to where I was, but I dunno, since they seemed to tone down the fights from what you said.

I was going off of All 4 One's formula being used as the basis of all (any?) future co-op Ratchet & Clank games, with all the glitches, physics problems, and camera issues that I encountered. I guess I wouldn't mind a co-op Ratchet game if they ironed all of those out, cause I really had a terrible experience with the game, and it turned me off of the game for months. I did like the gold stars thing.

Good, then I guess they patched the ridiculous fights, cause I got stuck twice on Polar Sea.

I actually got the urge to beat this game a few days ago after thinking I can just do it in single player and blast through it, but the only thing that sucks is I somehow lost my save data. It's gonna suck getting back to where I was, but I dunno, since they seemed to tone down the fights from what you said.

I was going off of All 4 One's formula being used as the basis of all (any?) future co-op Ratchet & Clank games, with all the glitches, physics problems, and camera issues that I encountered. I guess I wouldn't mind a co-op Ratchet game if they ironed all of those out, cause I really had a terrible experience with the game, and it turned me off of the game for months. I did like the gold stars thing.

No, the lengthy fights are still there in the Polar Sea. It is very easy to finish them as long as you are using your weapons intelligently, and if you have all the weapons. I had only upgraded the combuster at that stage, but I did not have all the weapons. I couldn't finish the section, so I went back and bought the rest of the weapons (no upgrades) and had no issue with Polar Sea.

Not being able to control the camera was somewhat frustrating in areas, especially when you wanted to explore a little for gold bolts, and end up falling off an edge that you can't even see. My co-op partner and I experienced a lot of quirky glitches and things that could have been avoided developmentally if they had tested the game properly before release. With that said, it was still enjoyable. The end product was just a semi-broken mess of quirky gameplay sprinkled with padding to make the game feel much longer than it needed to be. Its heart was in the right place, but just couldn't pull it off as well as most would have hoped. I liked the concept, but it definitely had some glaring issues.

However I stand by what I said before; if you just take it for what it is and play it co-op, there is still much fun to be had.

No, the lengthy fights are still there in the Polar Sea. It is very easy to finish them as long as you are using your weapons intelligently, and if you have all the weapons. I had only upgraded the combuster at that stage, but I did not have all the weapons. I couldn't finish the section, so I went back and bought the rest of the weapons (no upgrades) and had no issue with Polar Sea.

Not being able to control the camera was somewhat frustrating in areas, especially when you wanted to explore a little for gold bolts, and end up falling off an edge that you can't even see. My co-op partner and I experienced a lot of quirky glitches and things that could have been avoided developmentally if they had tested the game properly before release. With that said, it was still enjoyable. The end product was just a semi-broken mess of quirky gameplay sprinkled with padding to make the game feel much longer than it needed to be. Its heart was in the right place, but just couldn't pull it off as well as most would have hoped. I liked the concept, but it definitely had some glaring issues.

However I stand by what I said before; if you just take it for what it is and play it co-op, there is still much fun to be had.

I have to second this really (being BT's co-op partner) - playing with him made the game quite a lot of fun, and much hilarity and banter was had. Thanks BT and Dare for playing with me. :)

This game is pretty fun, except when you have President Quark as a sidekick, it gets real annoying easily. He stands in the middle of the way and doesn't move whatsover, sometimes I can't move at all because he trapped me and I could barely get out. Sometimes he does some of the most unthinkable stupid things, and I don't really feel like stating them because it will taint the mood of my post. With that said, I use Clank as my main character since the user above me hogged Ratchet :shakefist:

Besides that, the game with friends is fun. This is a kind of game I've always wanted to play and never got around. I'm glad I got it free from PS+, and it's going to be a proud platinum in a day or two. :)

Worst R&C game? Out of the ones I've played, yes. But is this a bad game? Not at all. Just some things that can annoy you from time to time, but nothing too serious if you have an open mind and make some effort to accept the game as is and play for fun. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Worst? Well I guess that's a relative term. To me they tried something different, but the game simply wasn't polished as other R & C titles. As I have played it more I have just come to realize that a different game with the same trademark humor/ And plus since I got it free, I'm not going to complain B)

It's unfortunate that this is the installment that I started with. After playing it, I have little interest in any of the others.

If you can ever get over that, the HD collection is going to be an awesome way for you to get the first 3 games, which were all really fun.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Worst R&C game. FFA was a little better, but not by much. Easily the weakest stretch of the R&C series since Deadlocked-Secret Agent Clank

1. Up Your Arsenal

2. Going Commando

3. Tools of Destruction

4. A Crack in Time

5. Ratchet & Clank

6. Deadlocked

7. Size Matters

8. Quest for Booty

9. Secret Agent Clank

10. Full Frontal Assault

11. ALL 4 ONE

• 1 month later...

Since I never played Crack in Time, I didn't know who Nefarious was. So when I first say the commercial, I was like "Who the hell is that?" Then when I played it, despite Nefarious being so darn cool, I somehow disliked it.  All fights, excluding bosses, were very easy with the Critter Strike, and if I did include bosses, Warmonger and Plasmabomb Launcher. It tried way too hard to be funny.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's really good value co-op entertainment, but awful as a single player game. Placing it in league with other R&C games is just cruel as it's geared in a totally different direction. Story-wise All 4 One is weak compared to the other games, and maybe the gameplay too, but it delivers innovation by introducing better online facilities and provokes a desire to grind bolts and items more than other games.