Opinion: This game is easily the worst in the series.

Then it is really obvious that youve never played Ratchet and clank: up your arsenal because that is where you first meet him!!!!! Not a crack in time! The games you see him ( in order) are up your arsenal,deadlocked,quest for booty,a crack in time and all 4 one. Not sure in full frontal assault but i dont think he is in that game...

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

God this fucking game can suck 50 dicks. Everything about it from the terrible AI to the choppiness to the awful fixed camera and decreased focus on platforming to the wonky Slingshot controls to the constant fucking chatter of the characters gave me the absolute fucking shits. Even Full Frontal Assault was better; at least that played somewhat like the older ones. 

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Have no fear: I am here to revive a really old thread ?

Just wanted to say that after a couple of years without Ratchet & Clank, I really enjoyed going back to this. The criticism is fair, in fact I skipped this one at first (played it for maybe half an hour) but while this might be the worst of the bunch... I can’t help myself, I am enjoying myself. Almost finished playing it through on PS Now. So yeah, have few expectations and this game might actually surprise you. Based on the first setting I thought this would be a very shallow party game but it is surprisingly deep. Surprisingly Clanky if you will! BTW playing solo, my Clank AI buddy is surprisingly helpful. 

• 1 year later...

I just recently finished everything but the 1 million bolt grind and I have to agree with the negative camp, this game is straight bad, even if the network connectivity was perfect and all the slowdowns and choppiness removed, it just has bad level design, and that isn't even discussing what the proper length for a level in an online coop game should be (which should be shorter than 45 minutes per level). The cutscene humor can't save it from some of the choices I just can't understand. Playing in coop made it remotely tolerable. In the final few levels, every fight seems to be "spawn two large enemies, as soon as they are dead, replace them with two more identical enemies," and no level does this worse than Polar Sea, which most people above seem to have also pointed out. the combination of slowdown, breaking floor, and repetitive enemies made that section borderline unplayable. I think the design is perfectly personified by the final section of the final boss fight, where the final boss has one attack, you get it down in health, it regens its health, and you must repeat the damage phase again, while it continues doing that same exact attack with no change, you hurt it enough, it heals again, and you have to avoid that one single attack pattern for a third time. Utterly terrible. This shit is worse than Knack.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, PMDStrandbeest said:

I just recently finished everything but the 1 million bolt grind and I have to agree with the negative camp, this game is straight bad, even if the network connectivity was perfect and all the slowdowns and choppiness removed, it just has bad level design, and that isn't even discussing what the proper length for a level in an online coop game should be (which should be shorter than 45 minutes per level). The cutscene humor can't save it from some of the choices I just can't understand. Playing in coop made it remotely tolerable. In the final few levels, every fight seems to be "spawn two large enemies, as soon as they are dead, replace them with two more identical enemies," and no level does this worse than Polar Sea, which most people above seem to have also pointed out. the combination of slowdown, breaking floor, and repetitive enemies made that section borderline unplayable. I think the design is perfectly personified by the final section of the final boss fight, where the final boss has one attack, you get it down in health, it regens its health, and you must repeat the damage phase again, while it continues doing that same exact attack with no change, you hurt it enough, it heals again, and you have to avoid that one single attack pattern for a third time. Utterly terrible. This shit is worse than Knack.

Yeah, I agree with those entire post. The game doesn't seem that bad until you get to some of the later levels. At that point, they just throw a million enemies with no ammo refills every ten feet. 

Here's a protip for Polar Sea - you can skip the second long fight on it. I think you can probably skip the first one too, but after failing like 4 times on it, me and my partner just skipped it by jumping on the icebergs that the enemies spawn on. 

• 10 months later...

Yeah I wasn't too thrilled with this one either. Aside from the co-op trophies that you had to do online and/or do by yourself by two controllers, the game just felt bland. Some may argue All 4 One is in the same camp as Into the Nexus and Full Frontal Assault, but I actually had more fun with those two than I did here.

I did everything aside from the mandatory online trophies by myself, and I did not have a good time. I seriously hope we can get a re-release of Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction. That's a game that totally deserves a remaster, but knowing Insomniac Games, that is looking unlikely.