How did Anyone Beat Amygdala in the Chalice Dungeon?

GaryHyphenJon

On 12/5/2018 at 7:11 PM, Kraz1nyien said:

Hardest boss when going for 100%.

Watchdog Of Old Lords (Previous boss in Defiled Chalice) is the hardest f*cker in the game if playing solo imo.

On 12/5/2018 at 7:33 PM, Property_Damage said:

You run circles around her (yes, amygdala is a girl folks, pay attention to the story for all of you guys saying “him”), attack, run circles, attack, rinse and repeat

its boring AF but works everytime

That’s what I say every time but for some reason it’s hard for people to remember that Amygdala is a female lol.

Edited by Amonares
  • Like 1

Hey 

5 hours ago, Dark Prince said:

Imho, Watchdog Of Old Lords (previous boss in Defiled Chalice) is the hardest f*cker in the game if playing solo.

Everyone's experience facing bosses is different eh! 

I took the watchdog down 1st but am at my 15th + attempt VS Amygdala. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After many many many attempts and lots and lots of calming down, I managed to do it. 

I basically used my tricked Saw Cleaver and hit her in the crotch instead of the tail. I always waited for her to do one attack, either lifting her feets, swiping away or jumping and only reacted with one single attack afterwards. I also managed to find the perfect timing for the jump to ensure 100% reliability. 

The perfect spot seems to be right by her tail, near her back to the left or right. Did a few mistakes which left me 0 blood vials. 

I'm honestly a big fan of FromSoftware but that fight was pure garbage in my opinion. I hated my entire experience in the Defiled Chalice dungeon. Still recommends the game to friends tough,

• 4 weeks later...

both Watchdog of the old lords and Amygdala can more or less be cheesed:

Watchdog:

Spoiler

Stay in front of his head just far enough not to be hit, wait for him to do a side-ways bite-attack, then do a forward-R2 attack. Back up and repeat. If you don´t go far away he doesn´t usually use any charges.

Amygdala:

Spoiler

For the first 2/3 of the battle stay far enough away so her arm attacks don´t hit, and wait for her to smash down her arms and head. Run to the head and give it 1-2 hits (depending on weapon), back away and repeat.

As soon as she rips off some arms, run under her, right below the crotch, but make sure you´re not hit by the stomps. If your weapon has an overhead attack (like R1 with transformed Church Pick or Burial Blade) attack her thighs while staying safe. As soon as she jumps walk past where her tail has been and she´ll land with her head right in front of you, do 1-2 attacks and flee towards the crotch again, repeat. Warning: if you let her get too close to the side of the arena, her jumps may end up short and you could die, so try to keep her in the middle.

Normally though she should just jump between two spots, since you always make her turn around.

By staying under the crotch and not near the tail you should never be hit by any of her arm attacks, if you watch out for the stomps it´s easy to survive the last third without taking any damage.

Edited by Heartless1988
addition

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I managed to beat him on my third attempt simply by hanging by his right leg and every time he stamped I would attack his rear hand which hovers by his leg after the stamp. Whenever he jumped I'd simply stay still and take an R1 attack to his head once he landed. Once he ripped his arms off in his final phase I simply attacked his tail and foot waiting for him to jump and then hit his head again.

Following this method he didn't hit me once and made the fight a breeze.

This fight nearly broke me.

I remember at release everyone was talking about how the fire dog from the Defiled dungeon was the hardest boss they had ever played against and somehow I beat it on my first try. I was feeling pretty high on myself.

Then I met Defiled Amygdala.

Only boss in the entire Soulsbornekiro saga that ever actually stressed me out to the point of physical anguish.  

Godspeed. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9.3.2019 at 10:57 PM, SuchRemorse said:

Wait until you fight the Orphen of Kos! Omg... ???

The Orphan of Kos was easier for me, than most bosses of the Chalice Dungeons (Depth 4 and 5).

Managed to beat him on my 2nd try (with level 126, due to the dungeons)

Amygdala needed the most tries for me, but with the mentioned tactic it was an easy win.

Stay to her tail and wait for her leap attack. Right after jumping, charge an attack with R2 and hold the left stick down, cause her vulnerable head lands behind you. Then immediately go behind her again and repeat. Could take one or two attempts to find the right spot, but after that she's easy. Also don't summon anybody.

While doing >2000 damage on her, this is also a quick method.

• 2 weeks later...

The first time I played the game I had alot of difficulty and it took me around a month to finish the Cursed Chalice Dungeon, mainly due to giving up and then coming back every couple days and giving up and playing something else. Second time I played though the game on another account I played fully offline and spent a few hours leveling up at the start and then just powered though the game, that time took me roughly 2 days with big breaks.

This time round ive just been running though the game and doing bosses fast as I can only collecting items I can get quickly or really need. I'll come back for everything I missed just before the final boss fight. All I know is bosses are getting really hard just doing the odd level up running though so i'll probably have to go back and grind for some items so I can upgrade weapon and level up endurance little more.

For the most part just keep trying and you'll get it sooner or later, sometimes you might need to go out and level up some more or upgrade your weapon depending on your skill level and luck. The more you work on character the easier the game gets. Though Working on Health is quite pointless if you don't have the strength to deal enough damage to the bosses in the game. For example right now on my current save its took me awhile to kill the most recent bosses because I have not spent the time to upgrade weapon. So in my case this is making the boss fights take longer then it needs too though overall i'm still running though the game quite fast thanks to prior experience with all the bosses and knowing where everything is.

Edited by jnf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 28/04/2020 at 7:19 AM, Old-Toasty said:

Watchdog of the Old Lords. Easy.

Cursed Amygdala. Easy.

Orphan of Kos. Easy.

Pthumerian Descendant & Darkbeast Paarl. Probably 200+ deaths between them.

Lol ptumerian descendant no way lol I also had it rough but then I started using the pillars.

Haven't gotten to darkpaarled beast in lower loran yet do lol