Tower Fate: Ascent Boss Rush NG+

Crespelio-X12

Just phase locket and spam melee attack, when your at 0 mana, use jump + down attack x2, then auto attack for the charge attack from dynamo mail, when your low, drink the renewal chalice, rinse repeat. some bosses like king knight you shouldnt be getting hit at all, tinker aswell

the propeller guy is pretty easy when you know what to do, when he dashes towards you, just down jump on him, you can hit him a few times sometimes 3-4, when he starts flying and using bombs, just run to the left or right side against the wall, and jump attack him when he flies towards you, and when he throws bombs stay on whatever side you were on, and attack the bomb if there's one near you.

Use your down attack on Propeller Knight when he's using his fencing attacks. During the second stage where he throws bombs just stand on either side of the screen and wait until he flies towards you, then hit him. If he manages to get you into the air using his propeller, use the phase locket so you can attack him from above twice and then super-slash him. 

Propeller Knight is actually one of the easiest in the Boss Rush. Polar Knight & Plague Knight are the only annoying fights.

You have to improve on the bosses that you're struggling with. I finally beat it last night after dozens of attempts and I found as soon as I could beat Propeller and Plague without taking too much damage I could do it as all the other bosses were manageable for me.

A few tips that might help:

King Knight - Probably the easiest boss and you should aim not to waste any magic here taking minimal if no damage at all.

Spectre Knight - Again he can be beaten without the need for magic and you shouldn't really get hit at all.

Polar Knight - Spam Chaos Spheres to take him down fast.

Treasure Knight - Chaos Sphere works well again hear when he's on the ground.

Propeller Knight - When he drops the bombs stay to the far side and bat away the nearest bomb to you and you won't take any damage. When he swoops over to your side pogo him and you can get 3-4 hits in easily.

Plague Knight - This guy is the worst for me so abuse Phase Locket and just try to hit him as much as you can when you're invincible.

Tinker Knight - Use the Mobile Gear in the first phase to instant KO him. No need to use any magic in the second phase and you should be able to finish him taking minimal damage.

Mole Knight - Use Phase Locket when he burst out of the ground as it's hard not to get hit. When he flies out of the walls and slides on his belly get the the side where he will stop and you can pogo him 4-5 times while he hurls blocks across the room. Best time to get in easy hits.

You can also use your fishing rod at the top of the hole you fall down to get to the boss room. It uses some magic but you can get back to full health. Worth doing if you only have half your health.

The order that you get the bosses can almost make it more or less difficult. Of course, you have no control over that but eventually you'll probably get a sequence that will work for you. The person above gives really good tips. And don't forget those Chaos Spheres! I thought they were worthless until I tried them out on the boss rush. They work great against Polar Knight and Treasure Knight.

Another tip for Plague Knight is to just stand on one side of the screen and wait for him to come to you. If you chase him around he'll just pepper you with those bombs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope for a good order, it can really help. Other than that it's just the case of getting used to fighting each of the bosses whilst taking minimal damage. King Knight and Tinker Knight are easy enough to take down without using relics or taking any damage at all, the only thing that I ever screw up on with Tinker is the bouncing balls he uses later on as I occasionally jump too soon/late, but even then that's not a dealbreaker. Spectre is easy, just bash him whenever he floats over to you, use Phase Locket or jump slightly towards him if he's trying to slash you and try to double bounce/powerslash when he's throwing his scythe around if you're using Dynamo (which you should, really). Treasure Knight isn't even hard, the only thing to watch out for there is the whirlpool chest, if he chucks it out go over to him and start pogoing on him, you can get a lot of damage in there. Use the Phase Locket when you're about to be hit by one of the spinning gems since they seem to always fly over to where you are. If you can get above him when he's at the top of the screen doing his downward anchor attacks you can inflict a stupid amount of damage as you bounce off the ceiling, but it's not easy to do.

As for the other four, they're a little tougher. Hopefully you'll get one of the previous mentioned bosses and one of these guys as a pair. Mole is the easiest of the lot I'd say, his digging dash attack is ripe for bouncing on, you can easily get a couple hits in when he's sliding about or digging downwards, sometimes a power slash in too. When he starts kicking blocks at you, you'll probably get hit going over to him initially but from then on you can pogo/slash him until he's done with the attack without any risk, which can take him down easily. I usually Phase-spam through the attack where he's on fire and spits crap everywhere, it's a pain to dodge. Propeller Knight is easy for the first half as his fencing attacks are easy to bounce on and if you can get a power slash ready for when he propels you upwards, you can dodge his rapier and then hit him hard. When he starts using the ship, throw Anchors at him, you can get quite a few hits in. Hope for the bomb rain as it's easy to deal with, you can bounce off the bombs to prepare power slashes and even if you take a hit it's not much of an issue. The cannonballs is a little more dangerous as it opens you up to instakill, but it's not too bad. The one thing to watch out for is when he tries to blow/suck you in using his propeller whilst there's pits on the battlefield, if you get caught off guard you can be dragged to your death with little to no time to react and avoid, this happened to me twice despite beating him first attempt in his lair both on NG and NG+ and during NG boss rush, so it's somewhat unpredictable. Polar Knight always gave me trouble (I've never even thought of using Chaos Spheres, oops) but it's not too bad if you get used to double pogoing on him to initiate a power slash and getting out of the way before he can slap you with his shovel, plus you can occasionally land one pogo hit before he protects himself. If you can keep this up you can spend most of your time on top of him and thus not have to worry too much about the spikes he creates, just be ready to adjust your trajectory when you jump off him later on to avoid any spike pits. It might be worth taking a hit from his upwards shovel punt if you don't think you can avoid a nearby spike pit as damage is better than instakill. Plague Knight is just a pain in the ass, hope for him with King or Tinker really as honestly I don't even know how to take him down without taking at least a little damage, he's too good at covering the entire damn screen in explosives. If you can get him in a corner you can bounce off his back and avoid his projectiles whilst he's throwing though, as they do arc from the front of his sprite from what I've seen. If he's in the air then throw Anchors like with Propeller.

I think it took me about 15 tries or so, eventually did it with a Polar/Spectre, King/Plague, Tinker/Mole and Propeller/Treasure combo if I remember right. Having Propeller that late on was a little worrying. About 80% of the time I went in I had Polar as a starting opponent though, which is nice since he can wreck house and instakill. Getting him out the way early is a benefit.

Edited by Seasonreaper

• 1 year later...