Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MafiaBrett

Can I play Episode 3 without playing the first two?

17 posts in this topic

I heard lots of good things about Episode 3 and decided I wanted to try it out. But I don't want to waste money on Episode 1 or 2.

I only want to play Episode 3, but I wasn't sure if the game would lock me from playing it because I refuse to buy the first two parts. Its my decision not the games!

I'm not sure, however why do you refuse the buy the first two? I can imagine it'd be a far better experience when played in order.

I think you would need to at least buy the first episode since episode 3s an add on to the game.

Oh god no, the whole impact of episode 3 would be lost on you, let alone you wouldn't know what was going on. You have to buy episode 1 regardless, so get the second episode and enjoy the game! Easily one of my favorites so far this year.

Yeah, third episode was really good but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who hasn't played the first two.

Don't really know why you want to skip two episodes to confuse yourself on the story. Play the first two episodes first instead so you will know the plot.

Do you not wanna play the first two episodes because you watched Gp and they looked less appealing than the third Ep or what....? Other than that I don't see a reason to skip the first two, maybe you should wait until the entire game's finished and pick all the ep's up in a bundle when it's discounted

Yeah, you may not enjoy the 3rd episode if you haven't played any of the previous episodes. And I think you would have trouble to get through the episode if you don't know how the gameplay works, which you would comprehend if you played the first two episodes, as you're supposed to.
But as for your question, I think you need to buy the 1st episode, since it should considered as the base game. I'm not sure.

I'm going to wait to play episode 4 first before I even think of doing 1 and 3. 2 is non cannon so I'm not going to bother with that one.

I wouldn't recommend it. The game itself would be confusing if you start in the middle of the series of episodes.

I wouldn't recommend playing in the middle of the game since it's very heavy in story. Also, what makes episode so good would be lost on you if you haven't played the first two.

I would say play the first two episodes, its not a waste of money anyway, not to mention you'd be starting in the middle of the series and it won't make sense. Oh and I don't know where you heard that bro, episode two is totally canon, it wouldn't be in the series if it wasn't

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

That would be a noYou will not enjoy or even understand the events of episode 3 well if you do not play the first two. Yes, the third episode is much, much better than the first two but you need to play the episodes in order to understand the story.

I think you would need to at least buy the first episode since episode 3s an add on to the game.

Pretty sure this, I think episode 1 is the base game and the other episodes are updates to it. 

Even so, I'd highly recommend playing the first 2 episodes first because events in episode 3 are extremely dependent on character development. If you just want to see how the game is, download episode 1 on Steam and play for about an hour or so. You can get refunds now if you play a game for under 2 hours and request the refund within 2 weeks of purchase. You'll have to wait about a week or so to process though. If you like it, keep playing it or refund it to get in on your preferred Playstation device. If you don't like it, refund it and that's that. 

It's an odd choice.

I don't think that's possible if you didn't have buy the first two episodes already.