What movie has significantly impacted your life?

Remilia Scarlet

Well Biutiful from Gonzalez-Iñarritu made me decide not to get cancer by all means necessary. Now I excercise every day, I walk more, I eat really healthy and I stay away from processed food almost entirely (Only dairy food is allowed). 

Also Fight Club (although the book came first) made me decide not to follow what the majority does and go my own way.

Edited by NICK16_06

I'm certain there are many movies that have impacted me, but for now I can only think of The Big Lebowski.

I was going through a rough phase in my life. I was 20 and just got dumped after five years. It felt like my life was destroyed.

The Big Lebowski started to represent a lifestyle I needed; or rather certain things I needed.

I didn't start smoking weed, but I wanted to adopt the mentality of the Dude.

Yes, I started drinking a lot more (nothing extreme, things had to remain fun), but I focussed on enjoying my life a lot more.

Needless to say, but it didn't always work. The pain I felt after five years of dating couldn't be erased by watching one movie a few times.

Adopting the mentality took months. But I like to think that this movie helped me in becoming more satisfied with my life, seperating what's really important and what's not. 

Luckily I had some friends who enjoyed the movie as well, with who I could have carefree weeks.

• Like 1

Lost in Translation. I don't really know how, don't really know why, but this movie is something else. 

Exactly the same. Ever since I first saw Lost In Translation I've watched it at least twice a year without fail. I'm actually going to see it in the cinema for the past time in a few weeks as part of Bill Murray season at The Lighthouse Cinema in Dublin - can't wait! 

[bambi]

This was significant because it was the first time I had been confronted with the concept of death and the loss of a parent.

[The Goonies]

Pretty much defined my childhood in a nutshell

[superman 2]

The first time I was presented with the idea that good and bad aren't necessarily different things

[indiana Jones]

Where I was taught that it wasn't necessary to be clean cut and perfect to be a good person

[back to the Future]

Made me interested in skateboarding and physics. Not many films can do both at the same time.

[Poltergeist]

Terrified me as a kid and made me interested in ghosts and the paranormal

Only one? God damn you! But yeah I would go for La Vita e Bella (Life is Beautiful) from Roberto Benigni. Apart from the movie being hilarious at times and heart breaking at others, it also shows just how far parents will go to protect their children. And considering how little violence it shows for a WWII movie, it can also be viewed by a younger audience so that maybe they understand how horrible and tragic that time in our history really was.

Exactly the same. Ever since I first saw Lost In Translation I've watched it at least twice a year without fail. I'm actually going to see it in the cinema for the past time in a few weeks as part of Bill Murray season at The Lighthouse Cinema in Dublin - can't wait! 

Heyyy I might be in Dublin this summer, whereabouts is it mate? :)

None really, I can't feel any connection to something I passively partake in, unless it's music

Although David Lynch and Stanley Kubrick made damn good movies because they actually do what movies are supposed to do as an artform, tell a story through visuals rather words, Tim Burton does a pretty decent job although he sticks to the same formula for the most part

Edited by coldkillaaaaaaaa
  • Like 1