What movie has significantly impacted your life?

Remilia Scarlet

Ohana, means family, and family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.

Lilo & Stitch was one of my biggest childhood movies and tv shows, and I love it so freaking much.

The story of loniless and having no friends, being a 'freak' really teached how hard some people have, I mean I had friends, but others had none. So I started acting nice towards those who are alone or had a tough time. Askig them if they wanted to play football with us in school, and sitting next to them at the table.

Edit: One of my best friends was alone and even switched school (to ours) and still had a tough time, and even my friends thought he was pretty strange, but I made him my friend and now he is a part of all the friends. No one remembers he was lonely even, he is a part of everyone else now.

Also, it reminded me how important family is, and if I ever get lost or hurt, I will always have my family.

Lilo & Stitch, you are awesome.

'Does Stitch have to go?'

Yes

'Can Stitch say goodbye?'

Okay..

'Thank you'

Who are this people?

'This is my family, I found it by myself, its little. And broken, but still good. Ya, still good.'

Edited by MarsipanRumpan

Star Wars definitely made me ,, nerdy I guess. I'll never know if I'd be any different after watching the trilogy a gazillion times, but I was most certainly interested more in technology after seeing these films.

Man bites dog and Riki-Oh desensitized forever.

Unlike many, I don't really get too attachd to media. The closest I can come to answering this is to cite Miller's Crossing, because it got me interested in the great Dashiell Hammett, whose works I have read in totum.

I agree, the media is used as propaganda and control of the masses. Hence the only film that has impacted my life is an independent documentary.

Alien, without a doubt. As a impressionable 8 year old, it fueled my love of science. Star Wars, The Black Hole, 2001 A Space Odyssey were all bullshit. I realized that we were not alone, that millions of species could kick our ass. Without exaggeration, I have watched the film 250+ times and it still holds up as the best film ever 37 years later

Alien, without a doubt. As a impressionable 8 year old, it fueled my love of science. Star Wars, The Black Hole, 2001 A Space Odyssey were all bullshit. I realized that we were not alone, that millions of species could kick our ass. Without exaggeration, I have watched the film 250+ times and it still holds up as the best film ever 37 years later

What, 2001: A Space Odyssey was Bullshit? o.O, it was so ahead of it's time that it continues to hold up and most likely will hold up for a few more decades, not to mention the atmosphere and execution were all flawless, telling a deep philosophical story through nothing but visuals

Pain & Gain it isn't the best movie I've ever seen but this film impacted my life so much bringing me into the gym world!

Pain & Gain made you want to go to the gym hahaha, it's hardly morally right. Good movie though!!

For me it would be The Good, The Bad and The Ugly as it has created a bar so high that every other movie I watch gets measured against it!!

I saw One Flew Over The Cukoo's Nest in high school. It gave me an interest in psychology. When I took a class in psychology, I realized that I was more interested in the concrete than the theoretical. Now I've changed my major to neuroscience and I don't think I've been more sure about anything in my life. It wasn't a significant movie at the time, but I can see how significant it was in hindsight.

Its a newer one but its a great one. Its called The Judge with Robert Downy Jr. and Robert Duvall. Emotional movie for anyone who has been so like their parents that they bump heads a lot with their dad/mom/parent figure.

Its a movie I feel like that is a remake or based on a book but I never researched much about it. 

The Last Airbender

It ruined my childhood forever

Noice

Hachiko with Richard Gere. 

Decided to always have at least one pet dog in my life. The only movie that ever made me cry.

Always wanted to see this.  Actually had a copy of it for a little while and never wound up watching it.  I love dogs, I feel like this movie would make me bawl like a baby.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

Always wanted to see this.  Actually had a copy of it for a little while and never wound up watching it.  I love dogs, I feel like this movie would make me bawl like a baby.

If you have the slightest sympathy for dogs, you will cry like a baby.

Easily one of my favorite movies.

Here's a link to the cinema's website:

http://www.lighthousecinema.ie/

There's a karaoke night on during the Lost In Translation screening, plus there's a bar in the cinema - should be a fucking weird but great night. :P

Nice one, hopefully I can make it (i'm going to uni in Ireland because of the atrocious fees in England, but i've not been to Dublin yet so I want to visit first). :)

Even though you're only supposed to pick one, I have my majority and a side note. My side note is The Babadook, a 2014 Australian-Canadian psychological horror flim, written and directed by Jennifer Kent, in which a woman and her son are tormented by an evil entity. It's a damn good film, however I went into it without knowing of course what would happen towards the end. **SPOILERS** Towards the end, the depressed protagonist gradually becomes possessed by the Babadook, and after killing their dog, goes after her 6-year-old child and attempts to strangle him. **END SPOILERS** Because of this, I was heavily unsettled by the action (disregarding her son's homemade defenses) as it mirrored an earlier experience with my own mother, requiring me to shake it off after a few days.

Although, The Perks of Being a Wallflower takes the cake (and eats it) for being the one film that completely changed my life. A 2012 American Bildungsroman comedy-drama film adapted from the 1999 epistolary novel of the same name, it tells the story of uneasy and shy Charlie Kelmeckis throughout his freshman year of high school. At the time of viewing, I was a week out of being in the nearest behavioral health center, and I was going through possibly the worst part of my life so far. Unfortunately, the movie spoke to me on a number of levels. The main character acted how I did with people at school; that is, not much at all and being alone constantly. I was also bullied a lot throughout numerous grades, not to the extent that Hollywood portrays it, but just enough to make me feel bad about myself. Charlie is haunted by disturbing thoughts constantly of his **SPOILERS** aunt molesting him when he was little **END SPOILERS**, and I was unfortunately the same way, not from being molested but having the sadistic intention of wanting to harm others through multiple means, as my good heart had been overtaken by a plague of negative feelings. Charlie's first female friend he makes in high school is named Sam, and he instantly falls in love with her, despite her being a senior and already dating someone else named Craig. This relationship that Charlie has with Sam that's on and off and on again, where he tries his hardest to be with her and ends up screwing up the relationship as a whole resonated with me, as there was one girl who I had loved for four years, but never got around to spreading my wings. After I found out she was taken, I lost it. Five months from that day, after I watched this film, I had made up my mind that I would at least take her life and maybe some more and/or my own the next day at school. That was the greatest mistake I ever made, thinking as intensely as I did that day. I never ended up doing it, as I was stopped after someone knew said information and I was sent back to the hospital, which sent off a chain reaction of me being in rehab for about 18 months. To this day, it's still hard to forgive myself for almost ruining the hearts of many, but I'm slowly moving on. On the plus side, it's a fantastic film; they both are really, and I recommend that anyone and everyone should go out and watch them. Just be cautious, though; that's all I can say.