Storage rooms/chests and game progress stats?

Hey,

I really love the game but I have two questions I'd like to get answered:

1. Is there any way to store items from my inventory such like a big chest or a storage room I could buy for in-game currency? The game is offering lots of different items, and it's getting pretty messy in my inv...

2. Also, how do I access any game relevant stats such like my overall playtime, story progress in percent, walked miles etc.? Would be pretty disappointing if a RPG like this won't offer this.

Thanks for your tips in advance :)

Cheers

1. I haven't seen any storage system

2. When you are on the "Character" tab you can press R2 and in the lower left corner you can see playtime, I don't think I saw a story progress, miles walk though.

Thanks just found it. Wasn't expecting that I'm already playing this game for more than 24 hours lol

There is no way to store your items anywhere, but you can buy new saddlebags for your horse to upgrade your capacity. The merchants right at the beginning already sell a Temerian saddlebag that increases the capacity by 30 and the shopkeeper in Oreton sells one that increases it by 70. When you reach the limit then you should have a lot of stuff to sell to make place.

edit/ but at 24 hours playtime you probably knew that already  :S  -_-  

Edited by ShimattaShishou
  • Like 1

There is no way to store your items anywhere, but you can buy new saddlebags for your horse to upgrade your capacity. The merchants right at the beginning already sell a Temerian saddlebag that increases the capacity by 30 and the shopkeeper in Oreton sells one that increases it by 70. When you reach the limit then you should have a lot of stuff to sell to make place.

I always try not to sell anything in RPGs, cause I think it's very important for the atmosphere/ambience. That's why I was asking^^ But thanks for letting me know there's no actual way to store stuff. A housing feature would be nice (maybe even DLC content), such like Skyrim did it once.

Yeah, I remember keeping a lot if stuff in the chest in Skyrim, because there were many unique items and armor that weighs so much. In the Witcher I sell all the junk I find like animal skins, candlesticks and the like to make space. Those are the really heavy things when you rob every villager like I do  :devil:

I recently sold a lot of stuff because I had about 20 useless weapons and some inferior armor. Because most things don't weigh much you can still keep a lot of souvenirs (I'm not selling my Nilfgaardian dress).

I always try not to sell anything in RPGs, cause I think it's very important for the atmosphere/ambience. That's why I was asking^^ But thanks for letting me know there's no actual way to store stuff. A housing feature would be nice (maybe even DLC content), such like Skyrim did it once.

Theres 15 free dlc's left released every other week if I remember right...I'm hoping one will patch it in but since there's no "home" for the witcher, Idk where it would be unless they put it in a corner in novigrad inn.

About storage this game is unique all u have to do is find a place u will frequent or remember and just start dropping everything u don't want to carry but can't bare to part with it'll end up in a leather bag on the floor and I've been playing since release all my drop bags are still where I left them so my bet is its permanent so feel free to just drop ur stuff in a hut or something

About storage this game is unique all u have to do is find a place u will frequent or remember dropping everything u don't want to carry but can't bare to part with it'll end up in a leather bag on the floor and I've been playing since release all my drop bags are still where I left them so my bet is its permanent so feel free to just drop ur stuff in a hut or something

I also do this. I use a little garden behind a bench round the corner from the armorer in oxenfurt. Not particularly elegant i know but it does the job lol

Theres 15 free dlc's left released every other week if I remember right...I'm hoping one will patch it in but since there's no "home" for the witcher, Idk where it would be unless they put it in a corner in novigrad inn.

Geralt's room in Kaer Morhen perhaps?

I haven't made it that far. But can I access that at any time? Still in act 1, haven't even ventured to skellige(?) yet, I'm level 13 though I'm supposed to...Taking my time and playing gwent with everyone I meet. I've gotten pretty good, I like that game. It's going to take me 100 hours on my first playthrough...I can see that already. 

I haven't made it that far. But can I access that at any time? Still in act 1, haven't even ventured to skellige(?) yet, I'm level 13 though I'm supposed to...Taking my time and playing gwent with everyone I meet. I've gotten pretty good, I like that game. It's going to take me 100 hours on my first playthrough...I can see that already. 

I just meant if they added storage DLC they could probably do it by adding in Geralt's room at Kaer Morhen. Either that or allow you to fast travel back to Yennefer's room from the start of the game and add a chest in there.

EDIT: Actually, it would probably be easier to just make it an option to store crap at Vivaldi's bank in Novigrad. God knows why that isn't an option already.

Edited by Gatatog

I just meant if they added storage DLC they could probably do it by adding in Geralt's room at Kaer Morhen. Either that or allow you to fast travel back to Yennefer's room from the start of the game and add a chest in there.

EDIT: Actually, it would probably be easier to just make it an option to store crap at Vivaldi's bank in Novigrad. God knows why that isn't an option already.

Yea I just saw Kaer morhen on the map when I was playing earlier. I just had never scrolled world map up that far. -_-  Though I knew you had to go back there later for a main mission I hadn't checked the book I bought to see if you could before  :facepalm: . So now I have to go there and pick up a few missions in case the ones available after that main mission aren't the same. Good thing you said something else I wouldn't have looked it up.  

Edit: I was surprised by that too, given you can take a loan out (wtf?)...but dev's cant give you a storage chest? Especially with the witcher equipment being upgradeable. I finally bought the saddlebags that gave me 70 extra pounds but didn't wanna shell out 900 for the 100 pound one in skellige yet.

Edited by Not_like_therest

Yea I just saw Kaer morhen on the map when I was playing earlier. I just had never scrolled world map up that far. -_-  Though I knew you had to go back there later for a main mission I hadn't checked the book I bought to see if you could before  :facepalm: . So now I have to go there and pick up a few missions in case the ones available after that main mission aren't the same. Good thing you said something else I wouldn't have looked it up.  

Edit: I was surprised by that too, given you can take a loan out (wtf?)...but dev's cant give you a storage chest? Especially with the witcher equipment being upgradeable. I finally bought the saddlebags that gave me 70 extra pounds but didn't wanna shell out 900 for the 100 pound one in skellige yet.

theres a hundred pound saddle bag in novigrade where u first meet up with triss nd i thik its less than 900? not sure