Master Marksman

the headshot has to kill them to count

Exactly. It's not enough just to land a headshot, these 50 headshots have to be lethal. Here's my question: is it even doable on Death March? I landed a few headshots but they only take like 10% hp. Is it easier on lower difficulties? Do headshots insta-kill enemies?

The headshots have to kill and due to the shit aim on the crossbow most of the time even when you aim for the head it won't actually count as a headshot, you'll know it's a headshot kill if your controller vibrates and the screen shakes a bit, otherwise it doesn't count.

I got this earlier. You can't die doing this. I just kept trapping the people at the gate, attempt to get the headshots, go to Vizima from the fast travel and repeat. This took me about 6 hours though

I got this earlier. You can't die doing this. I just kept trapping the people at the gate, attempt to get the headshots, go to Vizima from the fast travel and repeat. This took me about 6 hours though

Also, every time I came back from Vizima I saved the game. Don't know if this helped me but worth doing

Was taking awhile for me too, with kills not counting.. found out it helps a lot if you cast axii when they're almost dead.  They'll hunch over and present their head for a pretty easy head shot.

I was doing the pits farm spot (teleport to vizima and back) method.  Bait them to the gate where they can't walk past.  Melee them once to lower health, quick fire with crossbow until low, axii, then aimed headshot.  Got it pretty quickly while did it that way (controller vibrating/screen shake, confirming headshot). 

I didn't do this when I was getting the trophy but someone said using precision bolts made getting the headshots easier. I tried using the bolts after the fact and while it's still not a guaranteed headshot there does seem to be an improvement over the regular bolts. The only downside is that you need to craft the bolts and doing so requires feathers which I don't think are sold anywhere, so you need to farm geese, plenty of which can be found in white orchard before you can make the bolts. It takes 4 feathers and the other materials which are easily acquired to make 20 bolts so it shouldn't take long to make as many as you need. For those who still need this trophy, combining the precision bolts with the use of axii at the devil's pit might cut down on the time it takes you to get the headshots

I just finished this trophy. I cannot say for absolute certainty or not, but I went from getting 0-3 each run in devils to 3-5 after adding points to the boost crit chance with bolts skill. The only thing I would think is that its not all about what hit box your hitting but a combination of where andyour crit chance. Like I said I am not certain but it seemed to work for me. Can anyone else confirm?

I tought non-human means monsters like Dweomer, monsters and animals... But i used crossbow with much more humans and trophy doesn't pop up... same problem :/

In the world of the Witcher, non-human means elves, dwarves, etc. Animals like wolves and bears are usually classed as beasts and things like spirits, draconids, demons, relicts etc are all monsters. From the wording of the trophy it seems it would have to be a killing blow on a human, elf or dwarf in order to count.

In the world of the Witcher, non-human means elves, dwarves, etc. Animals like wolves and bears are usually classed as beasts and things like spirits, draconids, demons, relicts etc are all monsters. From the wording of the trophy it seems it would have to be a killing blow on a human, elf or dwarf in order to count.

I play the game in Polish and the trophy is explained in more detail here: non-human means dwarves, elves and NOT rabid dogs, ghosts or beasts. I was farming 1-lvl dogs near Hangman's Tree for 2 hours before I figured out they don't count as "non-human", so beware! Just farm bandits in the Devil's Pit. It's glitchy as hell, so be sure that your arrow ONLY hits the head. If it enters through head and goes further through chest or arm it probably won't count. I've done at least 80 headshots on bandits before the trophy popped. Using Axii is ok.

Edited by evilkarinka

To the guys who got the trophy: do the shots have to one-hit kill people, or can I damage them several times and finish with the camera-shaking headshot? Cause I've done around 75 of the latter by now, no luck.

You can damage them with other methods prior to killing them with your crossbow headshot.  I was in the same situation as you, I had almost given up after killing more than 70.  I decided to kinda put it aside and do headshots whenever I thought of them.  The trophy finally popped up and when I wasn't expecting it to do so.  

If you use the axii sign prior to your headshot, make sure to fire the crossbow from the left or right or the enemy (don't face them).  I read somewhere that if the arrow hits another part of the body (chest, shoulder) after the headshot, it doesn't count.  That would mean that a headshot facing the enemy after the axii sign wouldn't count because of the way the head is hanging.  Don't know if it's true, but might explain why it took me more than 50 tries.

I did this on Death March, but it was near the end of the playthrough so one sword swing took off like 80% of their health at Devil's Pit, then I did the rest with the crossbow. The slowdown skill is all you need, I think. As for getting headshots, I never really figured out how to get them consistently. Distance to the enemy and elevation might have something to do with it, or maybe it's just a percentage thing. You'll know you got one when the screen wobbles. Took me around 2 hours because I didn't figure out the wobble thing for a while.

I saw a video of that shaking camera trick. Whent to Devil's Pit to kill bandits. I checked on a paper every time a shoot at a the head made the camera shake. Now I made more then 50, maybe 60 and still does not pop. WTF??? Did CD Red made a repair of this trick with the last patch (on PS4) like they did for making fast money with pearls ???????