Psn Now

CeceHo3

I got the 3 month sub and it expired last week. It's not something that I would constantly have, but I think I'll get it every summer. I feel like if I had it during the other seasons, I would be too busy to play my money's worth of gaming. Overall, I was satisfied with my purchase. It's got a growing library and it looks like it will have a bright future.

• Like 1

I assume PS Now is tied to a single account. Or can other accounts within the console use it as well?

I might go for it if it's the latter.

It used to be console wide, but I've heard people say that they changed that within the past month. I only ever played with my main account, so I can't comment personally.

Edited by theguytom

It used to be console wide, but I've heard people say that they changed that within the past month. I only ever played with my main account, so I can't comment personally.

Awww, a shame if that's the case. I have an EU account and was really looking forward to hunt both EU and US/regional trophies too. XP

I'll let you know tomorrow. I start my one-week trial.

I'm from the UK and PS Now does seem to be ok. I just feel that at this moment in time, it's not worth it for the Games that are on there.

No doubt about that. Sony could only secure about a third of the games for their subscribers? Pretty lousy.

I'm on the UK beta at the moment, it's a good idea, but there's too many variables as to whether it'll be worthwhile, successful.   Pricing, connection stability and time constraints are the big flaws for myself.   Do I want to pay for something that might not have value?  I can buy some games cheaper, or how much would I want to spend on old gen titles?   Will my broadband need upgrading, and in some cases is that possible?   If I can't have stability then the service is useless to me...   And time, not the rental periods per se, but the inevitable backlog, between my various PS hardware and new releases, sales and six Plus games every month...where do I find the time?    I can't keep up with the games 'I own' right now!

That's not to say the service doesn't have benefits...backwards compatibility, no downloads to hog my HD, more or less instant access to games and the ability to play something I might have missed previous gen(s)...options like that are always welcome.   However, if I'm looking at perhaps renting just a few titles, occasionally over the course of a year...and I'm not alone in doing so...will it be profitable long term?   I'm curious as to how people see themselves using the service, in that long term, putting aside the novelty of trying it out.   

I don't know if PS1 & 2 titles will be added to the service, but it would be interesting if PS4 titles were introduced at what would understandably be a higher rental cost...

Awww, a shame if that's the case. I have an EU account and was really looking forward to hunt both EU and US/regional trophies too. XP

It doesn't let me play my EU Beta games on my US account. It just thanks me for participating and tells me active rentals are playable from the store.

That sucks, that would've been the main reason I was going to use this, too. The service works perfectly, but chances are there will always be much cheaper alternatives for games in your own region. I suppose that's never really affected the online store's pricing, though.

Honestly if you just want to play some random ps3 game since maybe you had a 360 last gen its okay, but to actually make a subscription for 720p and input lag? If you have that many games to play I suggest just buying the console.

Edited by Tomato