Wait for a patch

Has anyone heard anything solid about a patch being worked on? Other than the statement about it being looked into... 

They should have already had one in the works for Day One at the very least, serious bummer.

They're releasing the first patch at some point tomorrow. I hope it makes a difference.

https://twitter.com/giocorsi/status/604049642599419904

Well, I love this game so much that despite the reported issues I'm still having a hell lot of fun as the usual for a SF game.

The menus are a bit laggy, there are minor graphical and sound bugs, yes, but the core game itself is running fine at 60 fps. There's input lag issue that bothers higher level players but for more casual friendly matches/AI fighting the game is just fine.

It's not like the game is a broken unplayable mess that many people make it sound like - I haven't experienced any game breaking glitch so far, no freezes, nothing. It is perfectly playable including online (lol I connect to its online faster than MKX), and things should get better with a patch.

Edited by Guimace
  • Like 2

I tried the new patch and it 'fixed' the menus, I no longer see ghosting effects on Guiles/Seth projectile and players psn in online matches have been fixed. Those were the only problems I had encountered but the patch apparently fixed a lot more stuff that never happened to me thankfully. Regarding the input lag I can't really comment on it since I do not play the game daily, only about 2/3 times a week so its hard to notice from the ps3 version. The ps4 version does apparently have 8 frames of input lag and the ps3/pc/arcade have 6 frames and the 360 has 5 frames...well if you truly wanted to have the least amount of input lag the pc version with v-sync off is 3 frames but 5/6 frames are more than good enough imo.

I tried the new patch and it 'fixed' the menus, I no longer see ghosting effects on Guiles/Seth projectile and players psn in online matches have been fixed. Those were the only problems I had encountered but the patch apparently fixed a lot more stuff that never happened to me thankfully. Regarding the input lag I can't really comment on it since I do not play the game daily, only about 2/3 times a week so its hard to notice from the ps3 version. The ps4 version does apparently have 8 frames of input lag and the ps3/pc/arcade have 6 frames and the 360 has 5 frames...well if you truly wanted to have the least amount of input lag the pc version with v-sync off is 3 frames but 5/6 frames are more than good enough imo.

Yeah I just tried it too. A lot of things are certainly improved but the input lag is still bothering me. I have trouble getting 1 frame links to connect consistently and I don't know if it's worth getting used to this or just getting the PC version. 

Oh well, at least the menu's aren't driving me crazy anymore lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest patch fixed input lag, apparently 5 frames now equal to 360 version (and tested). A lot people saying the game is now definitive edition, only took them 2 weeks but would been much better if it was like this from day one.

• 5 months later...

does the game actually look better than the PS3 version though? heard images lack anti-aliasing or anisoptric texture filterings, pretty much like a ps3 version, since its on sale for 15$ atm.