Justice to N64 Verison

Well the old game doesn't really hold up at all so by that standards it is far superior. That being said I didn't really have fun playing the new game and never finished it.

If you are looking for nostalgia you will not get it, if you are looking for a competent FPS then it will suffice.

• 4 months later...

N64 version is actually fun, the the remaster is not. As for playing the original with a N64, that has always been terrible IMO, so instead I recommend playing it on an emulator with a PS3 controller or something. Will probably look and run better that way too... :P This remaster felt more like, idk, CoD... :S Had they gone with almost the exact same level design, levels and gameplay etc, just better controls and graphics etc, then this could have been a great game, but it's not.

• 4 months later...

I'd rather the Rare HD GoldenEye version had been released than this to be honest. I like Daniel Craig as James Bond but it was Pierce Brosnan in GoldenEye. I know why they couldn't have him do it though. The point being that the HD version that Rare created was more true to the original and Reloaded was never going to live up to that standard because it tried too hard to be different. I think that even if this is a good First Person Shooter, There's no need for this to exist to be honest. Had it been an updated version of the original in regards to Graphics, Sound, Controls and things like that but keep it the same in all other aspects then it would have been better.

• 4 years later...
On 27/5/2015 at 4:03 AM, Dr_Mayus said:

Well the old game doesn't really hold up at all so by that standards it is far superior. That being said I didn't really have fun playing the new game and never finished it.

If you are looking for nostalgia you will not get it, if you are looking for a competent FPS then it will suffice.

Well, I do agree with you that technically this game is superior. We must have into the account that this game was originally released on Nintendo Wii. PS3 and Xbox 360 are ports from the Wii game.

Besides that, I think the original from Nintendo 64 is superior as a whole game. So here, I confirm, since I have booth (N64 and PS3) that the original from Rareware for Nintendo 64 is far, far better. Is one of the those "Must Play" ever made. In addition, since they lost the 007 license, I would suggest you to play Perfect Dark for Nintendo 64. Another "Must Play". Sadly, I heard that the prequel for Xbox was very frustrating. Well, like all the other Rare games once they joined Microsoft. Being honest, they were great with Nintendo and creating Nintendo licensed games. DK Country, Killer Instinct, DK 64, Banjo Kazooie, etc.

Besides that, this GoldenEye 007: Reloaded is a very good game and, probably, the best 007 game in the Wii-PS3-360 generation. Probably, BloodStone is remarkable since has an original story.

Edited by stiviwonderstif
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 27/5/2015 at 5:31 AM, DaivRules said:

I just fired up the N64 version and sold the cartridge the next week. Don't let your false memories raise your expectations of what 007 need to compare to.

Also, *anything* is better than that horrible N64 controller.

Completely disagree. N64 controller together with GameCube and Xbox Elite are probably the best ones. Dreamcast was also good. All the controllers are great, is just to get used to them. But the best ones, I am between GameCube and Xbox controllers.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/9/2020 at 7:28 PM, stiviwonderstif said:

Completely disagree. N64 controller together with GameCube and Xbox Elite are probably the best ones. Dreamcast was also good. All the controllers are great, is just to get used to them. But the best ones, I am between GameCube and Xbox controllers.

Maybe for the time the N64 controller was great but by todays standards it is terrible. If given the choice to use only a PS5 Controller or a N64 Controller for every game you play from now on are you seriously going to tell me you would pick the N64 controller?