Triss or Yennefer?

i went with triss, yennefer i hardly spent any time with and the time i was around her she was a hateful b**ch and the whole doing some very dark and sick magics kinda turned me off of her and even when i romanced her garelt never seemed happy mre like a whiped pup but around triss he seems genuinly happy and triss is all nice and caring

its like choosing between walking out into a vile hurricane of destruction and sadness or walking out in a sunny day with flowers and joy

• 2 weeks later...

Fun fact: Triss was featured in a nude spread in the Polish Playboy upon the release of The Witcher 2, because that's how Poland rolls. Feel free to Google those NSFW pictures, but don't blame me if you do this at work or school and get questioned about your internet history.

• Like 1

Triss, because Yennefer's got a hunchback she's hiding with magic. Not exactly a dealbreaker for most, but hunchbacks aren't my thing.

Old post I know but all sorceresses are ugly as sin and use magic to hide their imperfection. Triss was blown to bits and has hideous scars but hides them with magic.

• 8 months later...

Well, you know Triss is the kind of woman who you would introduce with your parents , making future plans maybe consider even getting married , you know she would always support you and put up all your stupid shit and be supportive to you.
Yennefer is on the other hand, is the naughty and  deceptitive one with her devilishly charm.
So answer would be, Yennefer any day of the week.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Witcher 3 is my first witcher experience and thus I had no bias towards either character from the books or previous games.

I feel Yennifer was portrayed as a bossy, rude, know-it-all in the game.  She was very disrespectful towards NPC's not named Ciri.  She steals the mask in Skellige and uses it despite warnings that it could cause a cataclysmic storm that could ruin Skellige.  She leaves the mess for the Skellige druids to clean up.  She seems to care only about here own interests.  She obviously cares about Ciri the way a parent would.  Parents frequently put the interests of their own children above the interests of other people's children.  That's not a good trait.

Triss is portrayed as a caring individual in Witcher 3.  Quests with Triss almost exclusively involve helping others when it's not in her best interest to do so.  She puts herself at risk when helping the mages escape Novigrad.  She frees two people frozen in figurines without any concern that the people inside may have negative reactions once freed.  She helps people.

Yen puts her interests as a surrogate parent before all other concerns.  Triss helps people who can't help themselves.

Based on personality in the Witcher 3, the choice seems obvious... Triss.

I chose Triss early and regretted it for a while because I felt locked into the choice.  After seeing the way Yennifer acted later in the game.. more of the same... bossy, self-righteous know it all, I was glad I chose Triss.

Upon seeing Triss again late in the game, she was the same person as before.  She was willing to help others selflessly at great risk to herself.

I believe, based off Witcher 3 personalities Yennifer would do very dark and cruel things if it meant helping Ciri.  Triss's Witcher 3 personality would not have done the same.

In the Witcher 3, Triss is a better person, and a nicer person than Yennifer.  She would also make a better wife. 

• 3 weeks later...

@teamtriss

Just as long as you are aware that Triss exploited Geralt memory loss to snag him away for herself for 2 games. She even admits it in the third game.

Triss: "Good. That will stop people from using you."

Geralt: "People used me?"

Triss: "I did"

Triss knew very well that him and Yennefer were lovers and that they both considered themselves Ciri's parents.

Triss basically tried to ruin a family to get Geralt for herself.

And even if you can't know this from the games, it's not the first time (though the first time is to be blamed on Geralt too), and just because Triss wanted him because he was Yen's lover.

Edited by Doctor Doom
  • Like 2

i chose triss 

because where yennifer is bossy self absorbed spiteful and just rude triss is completely opposite at every turn she is genuinly nice

as for triss steling geralt away and tricking him etc 

heres a tid bit u might all have not picked up on but if u play it right theres this big plot point where its revealed that geralt and yennifers love is due to a spell placed on them before the story ever began and once revealed u must ask urself this geralt is a big puppy tagging along with yen agreeing with yen etc due to magic magic strong enough its subverting a witcher and a high sorcerous there actions are due to magic not love not devotion magic

now triss she used his memory loss yes but not magic anything he feels for triss is real anything she feels for him is real 

ask urself who would u pick really the one that a spell says u must be with or the one you truely love without any forcing?