Sword Art Online: Lost Song Getting Western Release, Hollow Fragment Coming To PS4

Just announced, Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment is set to be re-released on PS4 to Western audiences in Summer 2015 (no exact date yet). In that same announcement, Sword Art Online: Lost Song is announced to be released on PS4 and PS Vita to Western audiences in Fall 2015 (no exact date either). Hollow Fragment will be a digital release, while Lost Song will be a retail release.

FUCK. YES!

• Like 3

i have to agree with AnimeDreama, i'm a big jrpg and normal rpg fan but that game blew. there was more talking then anything else. yeah i get it its set in an anime show, but i was hoping for a little more combat in it.

on the topic of combat, dull and boring. hack slash repeat, throw in a stray skill, hack slash repeat.. almost no leveling since you start at 300 or some crap. and you can only play and SLIGHTLY edit the man guy. that's it.

anyway looking into Hollow Fragment, save your money, wish i had..

I'm genuinely surprised they totally skipped the PS3 version =D

Like... okay? 

Well, I still planned Vita version anyways.

They better have learned from that fiasco with the Vita release of Hollow Fragment. That was a piss poor import. That being said, I won't be buying either of these games as I find SAO to be a piss poor series, but more power to the fans.

Fiasco that sold 400 000 copies. Yep, definitely fiasco.

Anyone know if I need to play Hollow Fragment before Lost Song? I really only want a physical copy.

I'm pretty sure Lost Song will only reference few things + Hollow Fragment characters.

Plus you can import something from HF iirc.

Go for it ;) It's worth even as a digital copy.

And for plot consistency.

I liked the anime is the game any good? 

You liked anime => most definitely yes.

I wasn't particularly impressed with anime (especially with Fairy Dance) but thanks to Hollow Fragment, I started really liking SAO.

I'm a little puzzled why someone who thinks the games are crap would bother to comment when this thread is obviously meant for the people who are interested in this news, but hey, there you go. :T

Pretty normal, I would say =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I'm genuinely surprised they totally skipped the PS3 version =D

Like... okay? 

Well, I still planned Vita version anyways.

Fiasco that sold 400 000 copies. Yep, definitely fiasco.

I'm pretty sure Lost Song will only reference few things + Hollow Fragment characters.

Plus you can import something from HF iirc.

Go for it ;) It's worth even as a digital copy.

And for plot consistency.

You liked anime => most definitely yes.

I wasn't particularly impressed with anime (especially with Fairy Dance) but thanks to Hollow Fragment, I started really liking SAO.

Pretty normal, I would say =D

Sales don't mean shit when it comes to a fiasco. Look at Battlefield 4 and try to tell me that launch wasn't a fiasco. 400K to 12.36 million is hardly a reason for me to take your response seriously. Hollow Fragment had shitty dialogue with shitty translations, bad combat and a shit story. 

Sales don't mean shit when it comes to a fiasco. Look at Battlefield 4 and try to tell me that launch wasn't a fiasco. 400K to 12.36 million is hardly a reason for me to take your response seriously. Hollow Fragment had shitty dialogue with shitty translations, bad combat and a shit story. 

In your opinion. Why does almost every place I look have you hating on a franchise?

• Like 4

Though sales don't equate a succesful game, you can hardly compare those 2. Battlefield 4 sold across 5 platforms with considerably larger install bases. The PS4 to date has sold more than the Vita and thats not even including how many people have PCs, 360s, PS3s and Xbones.  The level of hype on a global level and the advertising campaign of BF4. Promises of patches and numerous price drops.

400K is an insanely high number of sales on a system with such a small install base.

BTW I have no interest in SAO, so i'm not being defensive of it or anything.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 2

In your opinion. Why does almost every place I look have you hating on a franchise?

I am more vocal than other people, and I am not ashamed to say what I think. That does not necessarily mean I am hating on something. Yes, in my opinion (and many journalists at that) the western release was poorly done. The combat was a mess and the translation job was awful with numerous errors and out of place words, etc. 

Again, me criticizing something doesn't necessarily mean I hate it. I criticized Witcher III, but I don't hate it. Granted, I have no reason to, but hopefully you see my point. I should also point out that though I did say Hollow Fragment is piss poor, I did not say nobody should not play the game. More power to those who like it.  Hopefully, the company learns from their mistakes on the Vita and fixes these issues on the home consoles. I want to like SAO, but these issues are keeping me from having any faith in the series.

Edited by AnimeDreama

I am more vocal than other people, and I am not ashamed to say what I think. That does not necessarily mean I am hating on something. Yes, in my opinion (and many journalists at that) the western release was poorly done. The combat was a mess and the translation job was awful with numerous errors and out of place words, etc. [/size]

Again, me criticizing something doesn't necessarily mean I hate it. I criticized Witcher III, but I don't hate it. Granted, I have no reason to, but hopefully you see my point. I should also point out that though I did say Hollow Fragment is piss poor, I did not say nobody should not play the game. More power to those who like it. Hopefully, the company learns from their mistakes on the Vita and fixes these issues on the home consoles. I want to like SAO, but these issues are keeping me from having any faith in the series.[/size]

I'd like to think there's a difference between being more vocal and seeking controversy. I'm trying to be as nice as I can with what I'm saying here but you seem to be expressing these negative opinions for the sake of getting argumentative replies. If you're not a SAO fan, fair enough. Everyone feels different about things and that's okay. But in that case, what's the point of even reading a SAO-related thread? It's just spreading hate for the sake of doing so. I'm not saying you don't get an opinion because you do, but when it's just always so hateful and against everything it gets tiring. Edited by Akira-chan
  • Like 1

I am more vocal than other people, and I am not ashamed to say what I think. That does not necessarily mean I am hating on something. Yes, in my opinion (and many journalists at that) the western release was poorly done. The combat was a mess and the translation job was awful with numerous errors and out of place words, etc. 

Again, me criticizing something doesn't necessarily mean I hate it. I criticized Witcher III, but I don't hate it. Granted, I have no reason to, but hopefully you see my point. I should also point out that though I did say Hollow Fragment is piss poor, I did not say nobody should not play the game. More power to those who like it.  Hopefully, the company learns from their mistakes on the Vita and fixes these issues on the home consoles. I want to like SAO, but these issues are keeping me from having any faith in the series.

I'm not going to question your intentions, but if you don't want to sound like a hater, I'd advise not saying something like this. I think it was agreed translation was bad but the rest of this sounds like hating.

Hollow Fragment had shitty dialogue with shitty translations, bad combat and a shit story.

• Like 3

I'd like to think there's a difference between being more vocal and seeking controversy. I'm trying to be as nice as I can with what I'm saying here but you seem to be expressing these negative opinions for the sake of getting argumentative replies. If you're not a SAO fan, fair enough. Everyone feels different about things and that's okay. But in that case, what's the point of even reading a SAO-related thread? It's just spreading hate for the sake of doing so. I'm not saying you don't get an opinion because you do, but when it's just always so hateful and against everything it gets tiring.

Yeah I've kind of noticed that too.

This thread is about the release of Sword Art Online games and is meant to provide information to people who enjoy the series or people who haven't tried it but are interested, full stop. If you don't like the games, then obviously this thread isn't for you to post in. If people want to get in a pissing contest over the pros and cons of these games, then start a different thread and leave it out of my release announcement thread.

• Like 4

And that was the Asian/English version not the Western release(US/PAL), so your point kind of has no where to stand regarding the translation job.

Also if you want to look less like an argumentative troll posting normal size might help as well as your choice of words but as it stands I'd say you're looking for argumentative responses.

• Like 1