Sword Art Online: Lost Song Getting Western Release, Hollow Fragment Coming To PS4

And that was the Asian/English version not the Western release(US/PAL), so your point kind of has no where to stand regarding the translation job.

Also if you want to look less like an argumentative troll posting normal size might help as well as your choice of words but as it stands I'd say you're looking for argumentative responses.

So is the one on the PS store the badly translated one?

Huh, only the Asian(Hong Kong) import with English subtitles has bad subtitles they were fixed up for the US/PAL digital releases.

Thank you for the reply, I thought the bad translation was for all versions. I'll be keeping my eye on this game now. 

Either way if anything is wrong with the Vita version, I assume it would get fixed for the re-release.

Thanks Akira, I hear about the problems and never checked to see if they have been resolved since. 

So I've never watched the anime, but I've always been interested in the games. Been wanting to pick up Hollow Fragment for quite some time now, but hell, might as well buy the remaster as well and Lost Song when that's out! 

Oh no, don't make the same mistake as me. I got Hollow when it first had a price drop, and I regret getting it...

I have not seen/read SAO, and if you don't, you won't know what the hell is going on. I'm sure someone more familiar with the series could tell you how far you need to go in the series before the games will make sense. I haven't found the information myself, or uhh... forgot.

Oh no, don't make the same mistake as me. I got Hollow when it first had a price drop, and I regret getting it...

I have not seen/read SAO, and if you don't, you won't know what the hell is going on. I'm sure someone more familiar with the series could tell you how far you need to go in the series before the games will make sense. I haven't found the information myself, or uhh... forgot.

I've heard mixed things about the anime really.  I never started it, would I really have to watch it to understand the games? 

I've heard mixed things about the anime really.  I never started it, would I really have to watch it to understand the games? 

I for one found the anime to be rather good so I would definitely recommended watching both seasons of the anime if for no other reason then to get to know most of the characters and to help setup the world.  But if you're still iffy on the anime then I imagine that if you read up through the Mother's Rosario arc of the light novels then that should cover most of the characters and world except for Strea and Phillia who were unique characters to Hollow Fragment.  As for if yoy could understand the games without it.  I can't really say because these games seem like they were built for fans of the series and a good portion of the storyline and character moments in HF seemed to require you to have some prior knowledge of who these people were and their relationship to each other.  Since I haven't played lost song yet I can't say whether it will also require that same amount of knowledge. 

I for one found the anime to be rather good so I would definitely recommended watching both seasons of the anime if for no other reason then to get to know most of the characters and to help setup the world.  But if you're still iffy on the anime then I imagine that if you read up through the Mother's Rosario arc of the light novels then that should cover most of the characters and world except for Strea and Phillia who were unique characters to Hollow Fragment.  As for if yoy could understand the games without it.  I can't really say because these games seem like they were built for fans of the series and a good portion of the storyline and character moments in HF seemed to require you to have some prior knowledge of who these people were and their relationship to each other.  Since I haven't played lost song yet I can't say whether it will also require that same amount of knowledge. 

I'll give it a shot then when I'm not busy with games, I know a ton of my friends watched it when I was in school (it was one show I kept hearing about constantly and very few other shows).  Shouldn't hurt.

So I've never watched the anime, but I've always been interested in the games. Been wanting to pick up Hollow Fragment for quite some time now, but hell, might as well buy the remaster as well and Lost Song when that's out! 

For Hollow Fragment you'd only need to watch the Aincrad arc for story stuff but there are a few characters in Hollow Fragment that appear that technically shouldn't have appeared due to the timeframe and so if you wanted to understand characters you'd need to watch the Fairy Dance, Phantom Bullet and Mother's Rosario arcs as well.

The series isn't bad but it does suffer pacing issues which can't really be argued it really had the potential to be greater and honestly I am disappointed that out of this and Accel World this has been doing better.

• Like 1

For Hollow Fragment you'd only need to watch the Aincrad arc for story stuff but there are a few characters in Hollow Fragment that appear that technically shouldn't have appeared due to the timeframe and so if you wanted to understand characters you'd need to watch the Fairy Dance, Phantom Bullet and Mother's Rosario arcs as well.

The series isn't bad but it does suffer pacing issues which can't really be argued it really had the potential to be greater and honestly I am disappointed that out of this and Accel World this has been doing better.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind when I get to watching it. Good thing I stopped myself from buying HF beforehand.

damn it! What about the ps3 version? Why the hell it isn't coming to the west too? Who's the one to blame for this? The developers or the publisher?

I saw it a monthes ago selling on the Japanese PSN Store and then went seen some gameplay on a Youtube video and I kinda found it awesome!

( same as Ragnarok Odyssey Ace on ps3, it's an enhanced version of the Vita version, better resolution, better frame rate etc. )

I just love action/turn base RPG's with massive open world or the likes of monster hunt, FFXII or Xenoblade chronicle. I was hoping for the ps3 version to go overseas to grab it then they said Get a ps4 to play SAO in English?

not the kind of a person to buy a whole Machine for this one special game, still need more time to get me a ps4. Until then, please tell me that the one released on the ps3 is disappointing or really bad or so lazy or something so I can find a reason to skip it and so consider that I never finds out about this news :(

Edited by yellowwindow7

Sales don't mean shit when it comes to a fiasco. Look at Battlefield 4 and try to tell me that launch wasn't a fiasco. 400K to 12.36 million is hardly a reason for me to take your response seriously. Hollow Fragment had shitty dialogue with shitty translations, bad combat and a shit story. 

Wow, someone likes to use big words.

Others already replied to your comparison of incomparable so I'll just react to your direct HF points.

>bad combat

How exactly? Just being bad at handling it doesn't make it bad combat.

They replicated fighting style from anime so obviously it's not gonna be Skyrim, Dark Souls or whatever action RPG you may have on mind.

>shit story

How is this an argument? This is purely your subjective point of view.

I personally liked the story.

Plus as I mention later in my post, it's a what-if scenario, it isn't supposed to be standalone story.

>shitty dialogue with shitty translations

And the last one. I can only say this (I'll say it your way so you understand). Well, no shit Sherlock.

Hollow Fragment was a test. A test whether this kind of game have a chance to succeed here in West, obviously you don't fund tests as you would fund the real project (Lost Song in this case). So obviously translators were just randomly throwing ideas just to release it.

Then success happened and the translations were fixed in the subsequent patches.

Yea, I admit I'm not the best judge for HF translations since I wasn't reading them really carefully due to being able to understand the voices, but what I read, I found acceptable.

Huh, only the Asian(Hong Kong) import with English subtitles has bad subtitles they were fixed up for the US/PAL digital releases.

I think he meant the original pre-patched version with penetration.

It can be said it was pretty half-assed.

Aincrad arc, first half of anime.

But yea, you are right, without knowledge of SAO, it's kinda hard to get into it =/

It's not even something you would go for because of easy Plat xD

You should.

Hollow Fragment or better said the Infinity Moment part (floor clearing) is a what-if scenario of Aincrad arc which is covered in the first half of SAO 1.

And objectively according to many (well, this happens to almost every big mainstream anime) Aincrad part is the best of the whole SAO anime. (I say anime, because Underworld is Underworld xD)

Definitely give it a chance =)

It's much, much, much more fun if you know about SAO before starting the game :)

And most importantly, YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE WAIFU! How would you choose waifu without prior knowledge? xD (well, obviously Silica best girl xD)

Starting with Mother's Rosario (which is filler by the way) is not advisable.

MR presumes you have knowledge of Fairy Dance arc and Alfheim, it's almost like going to Hollow Fragment without any prior knowledge.

damn it! What about the ps3 version? Why the hell it isn't coming to the west too? Who's the one to blame for this? The developers or the publisher?

Well... you can always import the Asian subbed version :)

• Like 3

You should.

Hollow Fragment or better said the Infinity Moment part (floor clearing) is a what-if scenario of Aincrad arc which is covered in the first half of SAO 1.

And objectively according to many (well, this happens to almost every big mainstream anime) Aincrad part is the best of the whole SAO anime. (I say anime, because Underworld is Underworld xD)

Definitely give it a chance =)

It's much, much, much more fun if you know about SAO before starting the game :)

And most importantly, YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE WAIFU! How would you choose waifu without prior knowledge? xD (well, obviously Silica best girl xD)

I appreciate the input; I didn't want to go headfirst into a series I had no idea about now that I think about it.  I'll pick up the games soon but I won't play 'em until I get a grasp of the story, which I have time anyway, lots of time.  And yeah.. Waifu choosing moment is difficult. >________<

Sales don't mean shit when it comes to a fiasco. Look at Battlefield 4 and try to tell me that launch wasn't a fiasco. 400K to 12.36 million is hardly a reason for me to take your response seriously. Hollow Fragment had shitty dialogue with shitty translations, bad combat and a shit story. 

Nuuu! Thats a bad plutie! Stop hating on SAO :OO Nah im just kidding lol 

If they fix the translations and add online play with -hollow fragment- I might buy a physical copy for the PS4. I'll avoid it if it remains digital only as they've announced. I've got the digital Vita copy right now and it's untouched. I'll probably wait for Last Song to go on sale before buying it. My backlog wouldn't be able to forgive me if I bought it full price.

Edited by theguytom

If they fix the translations and add online play with -hollow fragment- I might buy a physical copy for the PS4. I'll avoid it if it remains digital only as they've announced. I've got the digital Vita copy right now and it's untouched.

I would say with 95% certainty that neither of these things will happen.

The only physical would be the Asian version, I presume.

We won't get physical HF:re. I'm pretty sure of that. 

And of course this was announced the Day i bought the Import version (AFTER the purchase). I am putting finishing touches on the guide for this site though. the game is a lot of fun on PS3 cannot wait for the PS4 version.

I would say with 95% certainty that neither of these things will happen.

The only physical would be the Asian version, I presume.

We won't get physical HF:re. I'm pretty sure of that. 

actually they said they ARE re-translating it however Digital only in the West.

Nooo, its obviously yuuki.. If only i could pick her.. Oh well Leafa for back up :D

Konno is definitely a sweetie =D My second one :D

actually they said they ARE re-translating it however Digital only in the West.

Yea, I phrased it wrongly, I was talking about physical version and online play when I was talking about "neither of these things".