Sword Art Online: Lost Song Getting Western Release, Hollow Fragment Coming To PS4

So let me get this straight: the second SAO game is getting a physical copy for the vita, while Hollow Fragment only got a digital copy? I am happy that it's coming to the west, but I am seriously confused as to why HF didn't get the same treatment.

Probably because Bandai Namco was really hesitant to localize the game in the first place.

So let me get this straight: the second SAO game is getting a physical copy for the vita, while Hollow Fragment only got a digital copy? I am happy that it's coming to the west, but I am seriously confused as to why HF didn't get the same treatment.

SAO: Lost Song is getting a physical copy for the PS4 version as well not just the Vita version.  Also SAO Re: HF is only on PS4 and is digital only.

What I don't understand is that there are already people playing Sword Art Online: Lost Song on PS Vita way before it's release date, I want to know how they're doing that when it shouldn't be possible.

Semi-related news:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/10/23/sony-confirms-its-stopped-first-party-vita-development

Sony has stopped development on all Vita titles and will focus only on PS4 development.

Edited by Shaun

What I don't understand is that there are already people playing Sword Art Online: Lost Song on PS Vita way before it's release date, I want to know how they're doing that when it shouldn't be possible.

Are you referring to the trophy list and how people are playing it? It shares the same list as the Asian release which was many months ago. Edited by Blue Flare

Probably because Bandai Namco was really hesitant to localize the game in the first place.

Is there a reason why you said this again after you already replied to the post above mine?  You basically replied to him twice but for what reason I don't know.

Edited by Shaun

Is there a reason why you said this again after you already replied to the post above mine?

Because Bamco is just that hesitant

Misquote. Was using someone else's WiFi and my phone didn't register the post as posted so I hit reply again and it posted it a second time. I'll fix it in a bit.

Are you referring to the trophy list and how people are playing it? It shares the same list as the Asian release which was many months ago.

Nope, a friend on my PSN has been playing the north american release on Vita (the Vita and PS4 versions are new not the PS3 version) and someone on G+ got the north american release from Play-Asia for PS Vita.

Nope, a friend on my PSN has been playing the north american release on Vita (the Vita and PS4 versions are new not the PS3 version) and someone on G+ got the north american release from Play-Asia for PS Vita.

There are two possibilities:

1. They're playing the English subbed version of the game. I know that one of the Asian versions (I think Chinese) has an English subtitles option in the game so your system reads the English version of the game when you boot up the Friends app.

2. It just broke the street date. This happens to so many games. Basically Bandai Namco finished the game, printed copies and shipped them. Most major retailers would honor the original release date and still not sell them until then, but if Bandai Namco gave them the thumbs up to sell it (or a smaller store decided to do so anyway) then that's how some people got their hands on the game early.

There are two possibilities:

1. They're playing the English subbed version of the game. I know that one of the Asian versions (I think Chinese) has an English subtitles option in the game so your system reads the English version of the game when you boot up the Friends app.

2. It just broke the street date. This happens to so many games. Basically Bandai Namco finished the game, printed copies and shipped them. Most major retailers would honor the original release date and still not sell them until then, but if Bandai Namco gave them the thumbs up to sell it (or a smaller store decided to do so anyway) then that's how some people got their hands on the game early.

1: That I would only think applies to the PS3 version as I don't know if the PS Vita and PS4 versions have a subtitled version in Japan let alone a Japanese version (if there was a Japanese version for PS Vita and PS4 versions I would think we would see that as separate games).

2: I wouldn't know about that although I do know for physical versions you can order online and you might have a chance of getting the copy before the release date (so long as you paid for 1 day shipping) but not this early.

As I mentioned a page ago I pre-ordered the digital release of this game and there is still about 22 days left before it unlocks so they are obviously playing physical copies.

Apparently they have an English sub version for the Vita release why I don't know:

http://www.play-asia.com/sword-art-online-lost-song-english-sub/13/708bqh

I don't have a clue why anyone would buy that when a better version is only 22 days away from releasing.

Edited by Shaun

You do realize the one that coming out in the US is probably the same thing as the one you listed. Also that version (chinese and English sub) came out almost 5 months ago. 

Forgot Dub anime/ games are usually bad doesn't capture same essence that the original voice does. Just my opinion though

Edited by beatn_u_silly

Apparently they have an English sub version for the Vita release why I don't know:

http://www.play-asia.com/sword-art-online-lost-song-english-sub/13/708bqh

I don't have a clue why anyone would buy that when a better version is only 22 days away from releasing.

It won't be a better version. I played the English Sub one back in June, the translation is spot on and nothing is wrong with it. The US/EU version won't be superior or inferior.

Edited by Makise Kurisu

Forgot Dub anime/ games are usually bad doesn't capture same essence that the original voice does. Just my opinion though

I actually hate English dub anime while for games that really depends, for JRPGs Japanese VAs are superior so long as you have that choice.

It won't be a better version. I played the English Sub one back in June, the translation is spot on and nothing is wrong with it. The US/EU version won't be superior or inferior.

So US/EU basically had to wait about 5 months for the same version to release over here?  Why?

Edited by Shaun

It's not gonna be the same, they will try to do it "properly" as Re HF...

Plus, since we don't get the PS3 version so they also need a new trophy list (at least that's what I believe it happens).

So US/EU basically had to wait about 5 months for the same version to release over here?  Why?

Because Asian versions aren't "proper localization", even though they may have spot on translations.

It's not gonna be the same, they will try to do it "properly" as Re HF...

Plus, since we don't get the PS3 version so they also need a new trophy list (at least that's what I believe it happens).

I hope they do it differently for Sword Art Online: Lost Song, Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment got a new trophy list so I don't see why the new release of Sword Art Online: Lost Song wouldn't.

I would bet Sword Art Online: Lost Song will be just as popular as Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment for those who like the 2nd half of the series anyways (like me).

I did notice the Japanese PS3 version trophies aren't listed on PSN Profiles, I would think that would be separate, does it even have a trophy list to begin with?

• 3 weeks later...

I guess this won't be getting a separate trophy set as PSN Profiles would already have it by now as this game is releasing in about 2 days (for digital release which is Nov 16th at 9PM PST and preload is Nov 15th, Sunday) so if you already platinum'd the Asian release than there is probably little to no point in you purchasing this release.

I'm also rewatching both seasons of SAO (via Netflix) which I'm almost done with SAO II just episodes 23 and 24 to go.

Edited by Shaun

as friend of mine is playing the PS4 version and it IS using the same trophy list that i have from the PS3 and i for 1 and glad of that. and as seeing how the UK used the same trophy list for REHF i doubt they will make a "new" list just for the US. especially since there is already an list and it is only a day or 2 off. i cannot wait for my US disc release of Lost Song personally.

Edited by DarkHarmonixer