All Gwent Cards - What You Need to Do.

Not sure if 2) is missable, as the card reward is a generic one that can be gotten from any other small vendor. 

Good list though, 8) is the most easily missed, I hadn't gotten into Gwent at that point so I bypassed the quest, I wish I didn't now :(

You need 120/199 (?) cards, as I believe 79 are duplicates. I'm on 109/120, but will have to start a new playthrough to get the Vegelbud Ball ones :((

Not sure if 2) is missable, as the card reward is a generic one that can be gotten from any other small vendor. 

Good list though, 8) is the most easily missed, I hadn't gotten into Gwent at that point so I bypassed the quest, I wish I didn't now :(

You need 120/199 (?) cards, as I believe 79 are duplicates. I'm on 109/120, but will have to start a new playthrough to get the Vegelbud Ball ones :((

Yes, you need only 120 unique cards. I didn't miss players at the ball on my first playthrough but I forgot to buy cards from Elsa.

Thanks a lot! I finished Death March yesterday and only need gwent trophies for platinum. I've been gathering lists of cards and tips, so this is VERY useful, as I'm about to do my second playghtrough (speedrun for cards only).

Yo, thanks a bunch man! Been looking for a good guide but to have a clear one from someone who actually has the trophy is super useful. Gonna make my life a lot easier ;D

I am glad that this guide may help you  :)

Yes, you need only 120 unique cards. I didn't miss players at the ball on my first playthrough but I forgot to buy cards from Elsa.

I wish I missed Elsa instead - Atleast her cards are getting patched back in with update 1.04 :(

Congrats on the platinum though!

I wish I missed Elsa instead - Atleast her cards are getting patched back in with update 1.04 :(

Congrats on the platinum though!

Thank you. Could've done it earlier but thanks to Gwent. Although I enjoy Gwent a lot, but I dislike huge missable trophies.

Edited by SooFany-R

A tip to get some of the random-won-cards a little earlier: Before you play a merchant/innkeeper you haven't beaten yet, make a manual safegame. If your reward is a duplicate card which you don't need, reload and play again. Just did this with an innkeeper and got something I needed on the third try - got two duplicates before that :)

I failed the quest and I don't have a back up save.....

If you haven't gone far enough, there are at least 3 auto-saves you can check. If you've done something else after losing the tournament, these auto-saves are probably ovewritten now... and yes, you need to win these cards for the trophy.

If you haven't gone far enough, there are at least 3 auto-saves you can check. If you've done something else after losing the tournament, these auto-saves are probably ovewritten now... and yes, you need to win these cards for the trophy.

I've progressed too far in the story now and im afraid the autosaves are over written by now..... Guess I have to collect em all in my second play through

Edited by prtm_217

I can't buy the 2 cards from merchant in Claywitch because i cannot  free him...The key doesn't drop i try 3 times and nothing,is there anny other way to get these 2 cards?

I've actually no idea how to help you with this. Did you search everywhere in that camp? Maybe it is in one of the boxes and it is not hold by a bandit. If these are the only cards you are missing then just keep retrying. Hope you will find it.

I've just completed my speedrun and only need one more random card for platinum (Wyvern - can't seem to drop it no matter what, I've reloaded the same match dozens of times). BTW SooFany-R your tips were the best thing I found online so far. Helped me a lot!

To everyone else - if you're going to do a speedrun for cards, brace yourself - you have to go pretty far in the main plot! To be specific, you have to finish the main quest called Echoes of the Past (Skellige). That's when you unlock druid Ermion as a playable opponent (Gwent: Skellige Style quest). When the quest ends, tell Yen to go without you - the druid is standing a few meters away!

Another thing: for the Gwent: Skellige Style quest you'll have to do a side-quest called Practicum (...), as SooFany-R mentioned. Unfortunately, the quest level is HIGH AF. If you speedrun the game, your level will be too low for this quest and you'll see red skulls over enemies - a certain death. But don't worry, it's doable. The hardest enemies in this quest are Foglets. Don't fight them, just roll around and avoid their attacks - the NPC's dog is op as hell and will kill them :) Have fun!

When you go to arinbjorn make sure to talk to the inkeeper before having a drink with jorund and starting the contract because if you don't the inkeeper might glitch and you won't be able to buy the cards he sells (thaler and some of the monsters). The white orchard inkeeper kept me from getting platinum on my first playthrough and this guy kept me from it on my second, I think I'm going to wait for a patch instead of starting a third.

I've actually no idea how to help you with this. Did you search everywhere in that camp? Maybe it is in one of the boxes and it is not hold by a bandit. If these are the only cards you are missing then just keep retrying. Hope you will find it.

I try about 20 times and don't find the key in anywhere.So i start a new game beat the griffin and run to release the merchant and i get on the first try by killing the leader...I believe this is a glitch of the game so now im on 3rd playtrough getting all the cards again :( .

I've just completed my speedrun and only need one more random card for platinum (Wyvern - can't seem to drop it no matter what, I've reloaded the same match dozens of times). BTW SooFany-R your tips were the best thing I found online so far. Helped me a lot!

To everyone else - if you're going to do a speedrun for cards, brace yourself - you have to go pretty far in the main plot! To be specific, you have to finish the main quest called Echoes of the Past (Skellige). That's when you unlock druid Ermion as a playable opponent (Gwent: Skellige Style quest). When the quest ends, tell Yen to go without you - the druid is standing a few meters away!

Another thing: for the Gwent: Skellige Style quest you'll have to do a side-quest called Practicum (...), as SooFany-R mentioned. Unfortunately, the quest level is HIGH AF. If you speedrun the game, your level will be too low for this quest and you'll see red skulls over enemies - a certain death. But don't worry, it's doable. The hardest enemies in this quest are Foglets. Don't fight them, just roll around and avoid their attacks - the NPC's dog is op as hell and will kill them :) Have fun!

I am glad that it proved useful in practice. If I recall correctly I bought Wyvern card along with some Nekkers and other monster faction cards. If you can still win cards then keep doing it. If you receive nothing after winning a new merchant/smith/herbalist then it is definetly sold by one of the merchants on Skellige.

When you go to arinbjorn make sure to talk to the inkeeper before having a drink with jorund and starting the contract because if you don't the inkeeper might glitch and you won't be able to buy the cards he sells (thaler and some of the monsters). The white orchard inkeeper kept me from getting platinum on my first playthrough and this guy kept me from it on my second, I think I'm going to wait for a patch instead of starting a third.

Hmm, never glitched on me but I went for gwent cards on my 2nd playthrough. Did you try to return to him after meditating for couple of days? The patch is going to fix Elsa's cards, but not this one.

I try about 20 times and don't find the key in anywhere.So i start a new game beat the griffin and run to release the merchant and i get on the first try by killing the leader...I believe this is a glitch of the game so now im on 3rd playtrough getting all the cards again  :( .

Well, playing this game for the third time is going to be very unpleasant experience but I hope this will be your last playthrough for these cards. Good luck.

Edited by SooFany-R

I couldn't play against Lambert at any time. Got the Nekker-card from the guy you are supposed to kill in his mission (looted his body). Now Lambert sits in the Nowhere Inn, but I can only speak one sentence with him. There is nothing else to miss there with Lambert, is there?

Edit: Got his special Card now (Triss), hadn't begun the Gwent: Old Pals quest. When I did, I could play against Lambert. Luckily, I always have 3 manual savegames :)

Got all random cards now - Wyvern was also the last one for me.

But I only got 2 Rain and 2 Good Weather cards, although you should be able to win the remaining ones. But I don't get cards for winning against "new" people.

Edited by dalailama1989

Hmm, never glitched on me but I went for gwent cards on my 2nd playthrough. Did you try to return to him after meditating for couple of days? The patch is going to fix Elsa's cards, but not this one.

Nothing gets him to start talking, I've tried everything from meditating to restarting the game and even standing on the bar, the man just doesn't want to talk. I guess I'll just go back to my first playthrough and pick up the cards from elsa's replacement once the patch releases, but if they're not fixing this bug in the patch I suggest anyone who hasn't talked to him yet just plays it safe and does so before starting the bar fight.