All Gwent Cards - What You Need to Do.

The bar fight? With Lambert? If you haven't gotten the old pals quest from zoltan (winning first) , and aren't passed the nowhere inn scene (after faroe) then I don't think he's an option yet as those were almost auto I think....just did those last night. I played against him at Karadins estate before he left.

Similar to dalailama...I think old pals has to be active because I hadn't even been to skellige yet when I first talked to Lambert and hadn't played against zoltan when I was searching for dandelion.

Edit: Sorry, faroe and nowhere inn were what I meant by almost auto. Left the nowhere inn immediately after talking to him.

Nothing gets him to start talking, I've tried everything from meditating to restarting the game and even standing on the bar, the man just doesn't want to talk. I guess I'll just go back to my first playthrough and pick up the cards from elsa's replacement once the patch releases, but if they're not fixing this bug in the patch I suggest anyone who hasn't talked to him yet just plays it safe and does so before starting the bar fight.

Edited by Not_like_therest

The bar fight? With Lambert? If you haven't gotten the old pals quest from zoltan (winning first) , and aren't passed the nowhere inn scene (after faroe) then I don't think he's an option yet as those were almost auto I think....just did those last night. I played against him at Karadins estate before he left.

Similar to dalailama...I think old pals has to be active because I hadn't even been to skellige yet when I first talked to Lambert and hadn't played against zoltan when I was searching for dandelion.

Edit: Sorry, faroe and nowhere inn were what I meant by almost auto. Left the nowhere inn immediately after talking to him.

The bar fight in arinbjorn, the one that happens after you have a drink with jorund (the guy that gives you the phantom of eidenberg quest) and attempt to leave the inn. The fight didn't even trigger in my first playthrough (doing the fight gives you another quest) so I had no problem buying the inkeepers cards then, but it triggered on my second playthrough before I could buy them and after that I just couldn't interact with the inkeeper anymore, he's stil there and everything, but the option to click x and talk to him just doesn't appear.

The bar fight in arinbjorn, the one that happens after you have a drink with jorund (the guy that gives you the phantom of eidenberg quest) and attempt to leave the inn. The fight didn't even trigger in my first playthrough (doing the fight gives you another quest) so I had no problem buying the inkeepers cards then, but it triggered on my second playthrough before I could buy them and after that I just couldn't interact with the inkeeper anymore, he's stil there and everything, but the option to click x and talk to him just doesn't appear.

Did u try holding L2 on him for a few minutes then try talking to him? I had to do that most of yesterday for just about every merchant, quest giver I talked to.

Did u try holding L2 on him for a few minutes then try talking to him? I had to do that most of yesterday for just about every merchant, quest giver I talked to.

Yeah, it doesn't work, but it's not too big a problem for me because I have his cards on my other playthrough where I'm just missing Elsa's, I'll just pick up my platinum once they fix her in the next patch. I just wanted to make sure other people knew about the bug so they don't get screwed over if they don't have a backup.

Hey, I am nearing the end (hopefully) to this arduous trophy but I am running into some trouble. First of all I can see in the guide that there are two Albrich cards that can be bought from Crow's Perch, I however only managed to get one; is the other one needed or is it a stacked duplicate, or typing mistake? (If not this feels like another missable card)

I also need a Wyvern, which is supposed to be a random drop, but no matter how many times i reload a save all I get are weather cards, typical. :/ I have tried two different merchants, one even gives me junk even though I've never beat him before.

Appreciate any help.

Only got one Albrich, too.

Wyvern was also the last one for me, even if I reloaded like 15 times - but there are enough merchants out there - just go on and beat the other one's

http://witcher3map.com/v/#4/73.16/-23.16

here is an overview which might help you (and others) to see potentially unplayed people - just use the filter to show only gwent-players :)

I also need a Wyvern, which is supposed to be a random drop, but no matter how many times i reload a save all I get are weather cards, typical. :/ I have tried two different merchants, one even gives me junk even though I've never beat him before.

You HAVE to win those weather cards in order to get Wyvern card. See, I figured out these random cards come in batches, groups. I also needed Wyvern card for my platinum, and no matter how many times I reloaded my save file, I could only get Fog, Elven Skirmisher and Ghoul, even though I had like 10 more cards to get (9 of them were duplicates, one was Wyvern). As soon as I gave in and got those fog, skirmisher an ghould cards, the 4th merchant I beat gave me Wyvern. Your precious Wyvern is in another random batch, to unlock it you have to finish all the random cards from the previous batch. I know it can be hard to find 3-4 more merchants to play against, but it's the only way. Good luck!!

---

edit: that's how "randomness" works here:

Nowy_obraz_mapy_bitowej.jpg

Edited by NarcissusBaz

Anyone knows how to get the Zoltan Chivay card??

I missed it in the tutorial because I had no idea how to play gwent.

All the guides said that it can also be obtained randomly but that is clearly not the case because its the only card I'm missing and I dont have more merchants to play with.

I really hope they fix this because at this point I've spent like 10 or more hours playing gwent and I love it but I wouldn't want to do it again.

Not sure if you want to add the Quest "High Stakes" to the list and that you should save before attempting cause this one is easily lost and you need some valuable / good cards.

Overall nice guideline for the Gwent Cards, still need to speedrun it >.<

Thank you so much for posting this, my friend! You're a life saver and you truly made this platinum a lot more doable and a lot less stressful when worrying about missables. Hey, I'm fairly positive #10 is missable tho. I have heard many reports from many reliable sources saying that a number of things can go wrong and that the merchant and claywich requires multiple saves both before and during so that you don't miss an opportunity to buy his exclusive cards.

I have a question. I know some of you use your phones and use app checklists and all. But is there any way through the game, or an easier much more used method that I can keep track of my cards? Also, I know we don't need duicates.. But what about cards that have the same name but a different illustration? There are many in the green elf soci- whatever deck. There are also a few in the nilfgardien deck.. So long as they have different illustrations, we need them right? I'm in death march and I've definitely played the game half the time and played cards the other half, whereas I've spent about 60 hours give or take on the game in the week or so that I've played (about 6-9 days).. I've done all gwent quests and I've even done the tournament.. Played many a merchant and blacksmith as well as bought many cards.. Haven't missed any.. Still need to do the skellige quest for the rare card gift..

Thanks for the feedback and comments. Cheers!

What I meant was cards that have the same strength. There's a ton in the socia'tael deck.. For example, the dol balthanna scout.. There are three of these cards but all have the same value and the same effect in the same row.. I got my answer for those wondering. You only need 1 of these cards for the trophy. Hence, this I why we only need 120 for card collector trophy.

I tracked all my cards through prima games online strategy guide and I gotta say.. The monster deck is the worst.. You are least likely to get the random cards you need from this deck.. As it stands I only need 8 cards left.. Took me an hour just to get two random cards I needed in order to dwindle it down to 8.. I need 1 from each deck except monster, which I need 5 from this particular deck.. It sucks man.. I wish there was a way to make it easier.. They love to give you the same card with a different illustration on it or a weather duplicate.. Best thing to do is te save and reload trick.. But it can take awhile, and it can really try your patience..

Hummmm... Two cards I've struggled with.. Dennis Cranmer, which took me 45 mins to get, where 15 mins were of my own fault, but nonetheless... And now my final card.. Wyvern.. Any tips? I've spent an hour on a merchant off an isle where the second fists of fury in skellige is located. It has two towns.. Been playing a merchant for an hour but he keeps giving me either a socia'tael duplicate or a weather dupe.. It's so damn frustrating.. Wyvern tips greatly appreciated. Contrary to what TC stated, this card CAN NOT be bought. It must be won randomly.

10) Puttkammer and Sweers cards can be bought from Merchant in Claywich. In order for this merchant to appear you need to free him from bandits. The bandit camp is located to the East from Boatmaker's Hut (At the centre of the big island) in Velen.

Well, I guess I'm screwed then. The bandit leader doesn't drop a key no matter how many times I reload my save, so I can't free the merchant. :facepalm:

• Like 1

And now my final card.. Wyvern.. Any tips? I've spent an hour on a merchant off an isle where the second fists of fury in skellige is located. It has two towns.. Been playing a merchant for an hour but he keeps giving me either a socia'tael duplicate or a weather dupe.. It's so damn frustrating.. Wyvern tips greatly appreciated. Contrary to what TC stated, this card CAN NOT be bought. It must be won randomly.

Read posts above, it's already been explained.