Superbuu3's We Play General Discussion and FAQs

Hey guys I'm Superbuu3, not sure if people know me, but i'm relatively new to the forum.  As I and many of us have a huge backlog to improve motivation being able to play at the same time and discuss with people should help move things along.  I'm considering putting up some gameplay including boss fights and cutscenes so people who can't play can give there input on the game to.

Latest updates will be posted on my twitter to:

https://twitter.com/SuperbuuThe3rd

For some stats on We Play you can check our Hall of Fame

Games we're playing:

Velocity 2X

Future projects (I'll try to keep the latest sign ups in my signature):

Metal gear solid 2, 3, PW, 4, GZ, 5 (Should be starting mid October)

Bloodborne

PS+ games

Previously finished games:

Bioshock

Bioshock Infinite

Devil May Cry HD Collection (Devil May Cry HD, Devil May Cry HD 2, Devil May Cry 3 HD)

Dust: An Elysian Tale

Freedom Wars

Life is Strange

Okami

Resident Evil Revelations 2

Tales of Symphonia

Ys: Memories of Celceta

General Guidelines:

1. We only play up to the agreed milestone, I think if we leave people behind the group will fall apart, if people fall behind we will continue, but i do hope he others will try to keep up.

2. If you do meet an agreed story milestone, try to focus on any collectibles.

3. Let us know in the thread if you meet a milestone so we can tell if everything is running smoothly, if you're having trouble with a boss or particular enemies try to ask in the thread first before consulting a guide, this is mainly to keep the talk on the game still open.

4. If you have any suggestions I'm completely open to them.

5. Anyone who wants to join, you use the appropriate sign up thread until it is closed. If you want to send an enquiry after that date, send me a PM or use the general discussion thread here. Anyone who invades this thread breaking this simple request will likely be added to my ignore list and effectively banned from all future playthroughs, this also includes anyone who puts spoilers in the thread, beyond the point we've played up to.

FAQs:

How does does this work?

Firstly you should've read the guidelines, but in case you did and this is for clarification. A checkpoint will be set, which could be a boss, a level or some other significant event. A certain number of players will need to reach this checkpoint for the next one to be set. No one will progress past a given checkpoint. I or someone I have assigned will provide discussion points so we can talk about the game. If you don't like the conditions don't join, everyone is given fair warning how this is run if you don't like our methods don't join. If you want to see this in practice check the links provided above for topics for games we're playing or have beaten, they will contain spoilers.

Can I join late? What should I do I have commitment issues I'm just not sure if I can do this?

Yes you can join late. For the second thank you for your creepy way of asking a question, but if you're not sure just say so that way we know how man people intend to see it through, it shouldn't cause any problems if you pull out.

Hey Buu, can you do this game?

I'll consider it, but my priority is people I know already have completed a playthrough with me as they are reliable. I will listen to suggestions from anyone though. If you've joined and failed to complete a playthrough with me I likely won't listen to you unless you have a really good idea. Also as far as games I didn't think would make a good game for this type of thing I've tried listening to the crowd and that one failed miserably.

Is there somewhere I can see future games?

I'm not putting up a full list of future games, because I know how people work well enough that if I do that and I end up too busy to get those things done on a schedule, people will give me a hard time. Sorry if you're not the type of person who'd do that, but lets face it someone will. Its not as easy as it looks to arrange all this and i'll be running a lot at the same time, while still doing my youtube guides for games. Latest sign-ups will always be in my sig.

You can check the topics for my backlog of PS3 games that will give you a guide, you can ask me here though and I might say. Usually I discuss the next game with the previous group.

More detailed explanation of core mechanics:

Progress:

• At the start of all We Plays Progress will typically occur after 60-80% of players have reached the checkpoint, this will drop down to 50% as we get closer to the end of the game, this is due to what i perceived from the drop out rate as the game moves along.
  • Barring RPGs, checkpoints will be set every 72 hours unless the above conditions are met which will allow us to proceed earlier, or if its clear that the group is struggling to meet the pace.
  • Everyone will be made aware of this at the beginning, complaining a game is too hard in any game with a difficulty option will not be considered a good enough reason to keep the group waiting.

Running the group and spreading the workload:

• As the group runner, from now on I will make sure I am at most only one checkpoint behind from now on, I'll keep better communication with the group on my progress so they now that I haven't abandoned the game. I foolishly made an incorrect assumption that if I'm lagging it wasn't a big deal, but this actually had the consequence of reducing activity.
  • When a group playthrough has started and we've made it past the first few checkpoints I will nominate someone to cover for me if I end up getting too busy. This person's role will possibly include helping out anyone who's struggling if no one else has helped them or to make discussion points which are a regular them of the group playthroughs.
  • I will consider anyone who wants to fulfill this role however I would prefer the following characteristics:

a ) Has previously completed 1 "We Play" this will guarantee they know how things work
    b ) Is generally friendly, doesn't talk down to people and doesn't assume completing games is only about trophies (these groups have a high number of people who just want to clear their backlog or discussion)
    c ) Trophy level of 20 or above, this isn't competely necessary, but I don't want to rely on someone who's not completing games, I'll be wary of a completion rate below 50% of their profile
    d ) Actually is relatively skilled at gaming, this can be established from your trophy list, if you're not average or above, your ability to provide advice is likely going to be limited so don't take it personally.

• In extreme circumstances we may need someone to take over my role completely, I know I'm away in October, I'll see what we do in that situation, I'll likely just write up everything I need beforehand and just pop in briefly to just post thread updates, I'll give people a heads up in this scenario.

Discussion:

• Discussion is a large part of the groups so I'm going to go back through the we play threads and post all discussion points in the first post. This will allow for people who are lagging to find it easier to find the discussion points.
  • I would like a more active role from participants, so for anyone participating do try to answer at least 1 set of questions.
  • I think it ight be an idea that anyone actually participating who has what they think is a decent question that no one has asked should PM me any details so this can be added when I post my discussion points

"We Play" used as a guide:

• Some of these threads will work as platinum guides, detailing the process of getting the trophies. I think this will be a great way to expand the format and might be enjoyable for others to read along the topics as they play the games after we beat them
  • Each topic has the required info to obtain the platinum trophy so be aware any games we go through will have all the info you need for the platinum with a lot less spoilers than most guides and giving a considerably less rigid guide than most
  • DMC 2 is the newest "We Play", I'm working towards making the we play a guide that will give access to all info as I go along, as I noticed there's only one collectible guide out there that everyone is referencing and I honestly don't think its very clear in a lot of places.
Edited by BlindMango
Unpinned - Hasn't been updated since September 2, 2016
  • Like 3

"i'm relatively new to the forum" nearly has 700 posts

Oh, buu~

Will 'General Discussion and FAQs' be a hard game to platinum?  :giggle:

I think time wise I'm newish >_>, its just I make a lot of threads and reply to people a lot :(, also most people in the intro section have been here longer than me.

I think time wise I'm newish >_>, its just I make a lot of threads and reply to people a lot :(, also most people in the intro section have been here longer than me.

Oh, my - February 23rd? I hadn't realised, you sure must post a lot then...

It's okay, I'd still consider you a kewl kid  B)

Oh, my - February 23rd? I hadn't realised, you sure must post a lot then...

It's okay, I'd still consider you a kewl kid  B)

I run a lot of threads and typically reply whenever I'm quoted so yeah I guess I do. I'm averaging less than ten posts a day.

I really like this concept and have been following both the Okami and Bioshock threads.

If you ever decide to do one for Ni No Kuni, then count me in :)

Thats on the list of future titles and the Tales games are being considered. Seeing as we could go through Symphonia chronicles, Graces, Xilia 1 and 2. I'm only holding off doing that for a bit as Okami was a really long game and various other reasons, which there's no real need to bore with you at the moment :P. I'd be interested in doing the Atelier games to. Feel free to PM if you wanna discuss this more.

*will patiently wait for JRPG or Vita let's play*

Wanna do Ys: MoC, I was thinking about starting that, now in my own time anyways. If you want to actually do that, adding a few more people to the group would not be difficult. We could do something like Soul Sacrifice Delta or Freedom Wars to, or i guess toukiden Kiwami. I also got the atelier games. Oh I was also thinking Shinobido 2 would be cool as we could all do different factions O_O and see what differences that makes to the game.

I'm sure SuperBuu3 will do a RPG or Vita game eventually maybe even if he got enough requests :D But who knows maybe someone else will do that so well shall see soon enough let's hope ♥

Not sure if I sent you the message or not as you joined late, but I was considering starting a second game while we did Bioshock anyways, so this could work

Thats on the list of future titles and the Tales games are being considered. Seeing as we could go through Symphonia chronicles, Graces, Xilia 1 and 2. I'm only holding off doing that for a bit as Okami was a really long game and various other reasons, which there's no real need to bore with you at the moment :P. I'd be interested in doing the Atelier games to. Feel free to PM if you wanna discuss this more.

Wanna do Ys: MoC, I was thinking about starting that, now in my own time anyways. If you want to actually do that, adding a few more people to the group would not be difficult. We could do something like Soul Sacrifice Delta or Freedom Wars to, or i guess toukiden Kiwami. I also got the atelier games. Oh I was also thinking Shinobido 2 would be cool as we could all do different factions O_O and see what differences that makes to the game.

Not sure if I sent you the message or not as you joined late, but I was considering starting a second game while we did Bioshock anyways, so this could work

I think I missed that :o I know you said we might do the other Bioshock games but that's all I now

*will patiently wait for JRPG or Vita let's play*

You will be waiting forever. I mean... what is Vita? Vita doesn't exist.

:awesome:

We could do something like Soul Sacrifice Delta or Freedom Wars

... Exactly hitting games I already have on my profile xDDD

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

:3 but I already played YS MoC and SS, don't mind replaying though... but anyway... thanks for considering starting Vita games in the future...

You will be waiting forever. I mean... what is Vita? Vita doesn't exist.

:awesome:

... Exactly hitting games I already have on my profile xDDD

:3 but I already played YS MoC and SS, don't mind replaying though... but anyway... thanks for considering starting Vita games in the future...

I never played a ys game before... Maybe I should try it out! :awesome:

All three of you are obliged to join now, it will be fun :D

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/27646-who-wants-to-play-ys-memories-of-celceta/

Also now you can't say i don't cater to the audience :P

• Like 2

Hey Superbuu, are you the one who chooses the games and then people join?

I see there have been 3 ''We play'' threads and I didn't have any of the games :unsure:  Is there anyway to know which will be the following 3 or 4 games?

The We play ones have been organised by me, but Dragon Archon has one set up to here.

I end up choosing future games from people's input, i.e. I'm doing Ys: MoC now as people wanted one for a JRPG and I was actually going to start that anyway.  Here's my full backlog if you want to have a clue at what I might be doing (2nd post, also Helldivers should be on those lists):

http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/t15210-superbuu3-plays-his-backlog

If you just want to stick to this site I have my alphabetised PS3 backlog here.  Suggestions are welcome. I normally discuss future games with active members of the group. DMC HD trilogy is likely going to be started in a week or two.

Also keep in mind although i'm open to suggestions games that are too niche might be avoided, as if follow through rate is poor these We Play's will fall to pieces.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 1

The We play ones have been organised by me, but Dragon Archon has one set up to here.

I end up choosing future games from people's input, i.e. I'm doing Ys: MoC now as people wanted one for a JRPG and I was actually going to start that anyway.  Here's my full backlog if you want to have a clue at what I might be doing (2nd post, also Helldivers should be on those lists):

http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/t15210-superbuu3-plays-his-backlog

If you just want to stick to this site I have my alphabetised PS3 backlog here.  Suggestions are welcome. I normally discuss future games with active members of the group. DMC HD trilogy is likely going to be started in a week or two.

Also keep in mind although i'm open to suggestions games that are too niche might be avoided, as if follow through rate is poor these We Play's will fall to pieces.

You could try hard games too, because it seems Let's Play threads motivates members and convinces them to try it again. I'm actually surprised 22 members joined the Let's Play Star Ocean 4 and thought we'd end up with 10 participants at the most.

You could try hard games too, because it seems Let's Play threads motivates members and convinces them to try it again. I'm actually surprised 22 members joined the Let's Play Star Ocean 4 and thought we'd end up with 10 participants at the most.

True, I guess we could your Star Ocean one certainly suprised me with just how many people wanted to play such a hard game, I guess the harder games also would require more motivation than the others.

True, I guess we could your Star Ocean one certainly suprised me with just how many people wanted to play such a hard game, I guess the harder games also would require more motivation than the others.

And that's what those threads are for I would guess. =D

With others it's easier to get motivation =D

All three of you are obliged to join now, it will be fun  :D

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/27646-who-wants-to-play-ys-memories-of-celceta/

Also now you can't say i don't cater to the audience  :P

Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jp

Btw, forgot to say, I wouldn't advise Monster Hunter-like games for your newer threads, because they tend to be really random due to resources :D

I'll probably join for anything I have in my backlog, which should be on my profile..

I'm really enjoying the Bioshock one, it's more motivating than I thought it would be.

Tempted to buy Ys just to join in that group.

And that's what those threads are for I would guess. =D

With others it's easier to get motivation =D

Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jp

Btw, forgot to say, I wouldn't advise Monster Hunter-like games for your newer threads, because they tend to be really random due to resources :D

As this group is about clearing backlogs and not plats the main focus is just beating games a bunch of us have, we're not necessarily going for the plat in every game. So that won't be an issue.

I'll probably join for anything I have in my backlog, which should be on my profile..

I'm really enjoying the Bioshock one, it's more motivating than I thought it would be.

Tempted to buy Ys just to join in that group.

I'm glad and I know what you mean originally even when I thought up the plan I didn't realise it would make me stick to a game as well as it does.

Edited by Superbuu3