Superbuu3's We Play General Discussion and FAQs

What a coincidence! I'm playing Tales of Xillia right now. I don't think I'm going to wait to play it with you guys. Instead, I'll just hope some people will be interested in continuing and playing ToX2. As for Zestiria I will more than likely get that one for Christmas.

Zestria could be a good follow up =D I'm pretty sure most of us are gonna pick it up =D

• Like 1

Is there a specific order you'll be going through the series in? I just bought Xillia so I'll join in for that one

What a coincidence! I'm playing Tales of Xillia right now. I don't think I'm going to wait to play it with you guys. Instead, I'll just hope some people will be interested in continuing and playing ToX2. As for Zestiria I will more than likely get that one for Christmas.

Was likely goinng for Symphonia Chronicles, graces, Xilila 1/2, and hearts at some point.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I should hopefully be a lot more active when we start the next wave of We Play games starting the week of October 19th (can't say exact starting dates). Tales series starting with Symphonia will be that week. I didn't get any particularly helpful comments on whether people would like to start tales of hearts R around then or not. I'm also considering Borderlands 2 or MGS HD collection for that time.

Due to the lack of any real progress on deciding a Vita game, I'm going to be asking around and then I'll start a MH clone game for Vita when I'm back and we can start something more substantial later. I'm likely going to consider making minor changes to keep things smoother when I come back. Can't say what yet as I really haven't thought things through.

I'll be updating the We Play hall of fame too so start working on your plats for the games we've been doing i.e. Bioshock Infinite, DMC 1-3, Ys, RE Revelations 2.

heres some ideas ,

assassins creed liberation 

the amazing spider man

heavy rain

aliean isolation 

wolfestine new order

il get any game that is platable though ,unlike buu who dose not worry about plat trophy in games ,im more of a completionist 

so let me know what you guys decide on 

heres some ideas ,

the amazing spider man

heavy rain

aliean isolation 

wolfestine new order

il get any game that is platable though ,unlike buu who dose not worry about plat trophy in games ,im more of a completionist 

Are you concerned about 100% as in including DLC or just the platinum? I think I should stick to games which the platinum is obtainable or we'll just struggle to get a full group. I'm not going to ignore stuff just because a plat is hard though i.e. Vanquish which i'd defintiely be up for attempting.

heres some ideas ,

the amazing spider man

heavy rain

aliean isolation 

wolfestine new order

Are you concerned about 100% as in including DLC or just the platinum? I think I should stick to games which the platinum is obtainable or we'll just struggle to get a full group. I'm not going to ignore stuff just because a plat is hard though i.e. Vanquish which i'd defintiely be up for attempting.

I have the plats on all but 2 of those games Sinnriel but I would be interested in Alien Isolation and Wolfenstein.

Buu, I think Vanquish might be a good one but again it is a tough plat so people may drop out on the difficulty alone just not being able to get further. I still like your MGS or Borderlands 2 idea.

usualy DLC isnt to hard lol unless its dantes inferno lol ,no im more concerned about the game being platable ,i do the DLC in my own time :),so basicly as long as the games still platable then il play it :) even if i dont curently have the game il get it just so i can join in, i have a fairly decent job and a great wife, with these two combined i can get almost any game so long as its PS3, i dont own a vita or a PS4

I should hopefully be a lot more active when we start the next wave of We Play games starting the week of October 19th (can't say exact starting dates). Tales series starting with Symphonia will be that week. I didn't get any particularly helpful comments on whether people would like to start tales of hearts R around then or not. I'm also considering Borderlands 2 or MGS HD collection for that time.

Due to the lack of any real progress on deciding a Vita game, I'm going to be asking around and then I'll start a MH clone game for Vita when I'm back and we can start something more substantial later. I'm likely going to consider making minor changes to keep things smoother when I come back. Can't say what yet as I really haven't thought things through.

I'll be updating the We Play hall of fame too so start working on your plats for the games we've been doing i.e. Bioshock Infinite, DMC 1-3, Ys, RE Revelations 2.

I haven't touched Symphonia just so I can start with everyone else, can't wait :D

And what do you mean with MH clone?

So Symphonia will be first? Great, count me in. Will we be doing Dawn of the New World after that as well?

I think that we better go one Tales game at the time and leave R for later.

As for possible MH clone, Toukiden is still the best bet for me, as I won't be able to join for Soul Sacrifice and don't really like Freedom Wars.

I don't really see how you would structure a we play of an MH game as surely 90% of the game is repeating missions for rare drops and by their nature these will be different for everyone.  Story based games I get as you can say reach point X in the story,  this works for the story part of an MH but then... maybe someone could explain?

I don't really see how you would structure a we play of an MH game as surely 90% of the game is repeating missions for rare drops and by their nature these will be different for everyone.  Story based games I get as you can say reach point X in the story,  this works for the story part of an MH but then... maybe someone could explain?

Well, the story part?

Freedom Wars - This is definitely great since you can do pretty much everything in the story part. And using CODE up missions as milestones is fairly doable.

Soul Sacrifice + Delta - Story pacts + Avalon pacts are good milestones

Ragnarok Odyssey + Ace - Again, chapters may be used as milestones.

You get most of the trophies on the way and if Buu wants, he can make one last milestone the grinding for Plat.

But since We Plays aren't always about obtaining Plat, it may not even be a problem ;)

Pretty much what Satoshi said, but here's how it would work:

Checkpoints will be the main story up to that point, to my knowledge all of these games have chapters to go through which for the most part are all easy enough. I mentioned earlier these would need a lot less work than the others as we'd effectively just have a list of a bunch of people all at the same stage of the game as us even if we're joining in late. We'd have a solid party to go through all the online missions, I'm pretty sure with the most recent patches the majority of missions in FW can be done online, SSD and Toukiden Kiwami have specific online missions which may or may not be tied to story progress. Either way this is more about actually playing together rather than. To my understanding Toukiden Kiwami has the base game in it as it was originally, which means we can have a seperate list of people playing vanilla, who then later buy kiwami for the save import. That way people can go for both platinums (I'm just going to buy Kiwami and import my save, I couldn't be bothered with the base game plat and won't be bothering with kiwami's plat either as MH games need way too much grinding.

Freedom Wars is a great game, best played with friends online. It's one of the few Vita games that I found engaging. The trophies are doable as well.

Hey, if it's a future We Play, count me in.

Edit: Buu, is Oct. 19 still the starting date for the Tales games? 

Edited by NullRay85

Freedom Wars is a great game, best played with friends online. It's one of the few Vita games that I found engaging. The trophies are doable as well.

Hey, if it's a future We Play, count me in.

Edit: Buu, is Oct. 19 still the starting date for the Tales games? 

It'll be that week but i dunno if it will be on the 19th.

Pretty much what Satoshi said, but here's how it would work:

Checkpoints will be the main story up to that point, to my knowledge all of these games have chapters to go through which for the most part are all easy enough. I mentioned earlier these would need a lot less work than the others as we'd effectively just have a list of a bunch of people all at the same stage of the game as us even if we're joining in late. We'd have a solid party to go through all the online missions, I'm pretty sure with the most recent patches the majority of missions in FW can be done online, SSD and Toukiden Kiwami have specific online missions which may or may not be tied to story progress. Either way this is more about actually playing together rather than. To my understanding Toukiden Kiwami has the base game in it as it was originally, which means we can have a seperate list of people playing vanilla, who then later buy kiwami for the save import. That way people can go for both platinums (I'm just going to buy Kiwami and import my save, I couldn't be bothered with the base game plat and won't be bothering with kiwami's plat either as MH games need way too much grinding.

OK. I can see where you are coming from now.  I played a bit of soul sacrifice but never got into it (never really play magic users)  and I am kind of playing toukiden but my approach is obviously different as I tend to try to grind games as I go rather than leave it to the end.  Thus in toukiden I play a mix of story and online/old missions as the mood takes me, which does mean I may never get it finished!  I have a few games that just sit on the memory card and I play occasionally and hunter games for me fall into that category, like some puzzle games and EDF.

Edited by aerosol_grey

OK. I can see where you are coming from now.  I played a bit of soul sacrifice but never got into it (never really play magic users)  and I am kind of playing toukiden but my approach is obviously different as I tend to try to grind games as I go rather than leave it to the end.  Thus in toukiden I play a mix of story and online/old missions as the mood takes me, which does mean I may never get it finished!  I have a few games that just sit on the memory card and I play occasionally and hunter games for me fall into that category, like some puzzle games and EDF.

Grinding as we go would probably be the way the group would work as people would be grinding previous chapters while we wait a couple of days to progress.

What difficulty you playing EDF on I always play thqat on and off think i'm on Hard with both pale wing and trooper, close to very hard with pale wing though. In Toukiden you can basically save other players stats and use those as bots in your missions.

Grinding as we go would probably be the way the group would work as people would be grinding previous chapters while we wait a couple of days to progress.

What difficulty you playing EDF on I always play thqat on and off think i'm on Hard with both pale wing and trooper, close to very hard with pale wing though. In Toukiden you can basically save other players stats and use those as bots in your missions.

On EDF, I only picked the game up a couple of months back when it was really cheap so I've just done all of easy and about half of normal with storm and about half of easy with pale wing.

In touliden I'm about halfway through the story and the same on the online missions though I have done those solo.  I'm not really into multiplayer if I can help it, being "mature" means I like to take things slow and steady and I find people online like to run round like headless chickens.

Hi I bought Bioshock Infinity yesterday so I wonder If I can still join the group even It late ?

Feel free to as people are starting there 1999 run now anyway, feel free to play catch up, discussion points are in teh first post if you want to join in on that.

On EDF, I only picked the game up a couple of months back when it was really cheap so I've just done all of easy and about half of normal with storm and about half of easy with pale wing.

In touliden I'm about halfway through the story and the same on the online missions though I have done those solo.  I'm not really into multiplayer if I can help it, being "mature" means I like to take things slow and steady and I find people online like to run round like headless chickens.

Well when i'm back mid to late October feel free to message me if you want a little help. I'm not one to force people to play things fast, but there's no harm in joining in on MP when its available, everyone in our groups seem prety chilled out as far as I've seen.