How are you people enjoying the game? Also how far are you in it?

I never play RPG's and I never found them intriguing but I got the game on the day of release and it's all I've played since. I had 50~60 hours on my first save in which I completed the game.

I'm currently replaying the game on Death March attempting to get the missed trophies and all the Gwent cards. I already have about 20 hours on my second save. This is the most fun I've had playing a game in a very long time. How is your experience with the game? Other than the bugs where things glitch into walls and the things don't render in, the game (in my opinion) is flawless.

I'm enjoying it. I don't think I'll be getting a hang of all the crafting and alchemy stuff soon though. That sort of thing was never my forte, but everything else is great.

I'm enjoying it. I don't think I'll be getting a hang of all the crafting and alchemy stuff soon though. That sort of thing was never my forte, but everything else is great.

I sat there staring at the crafting of armor for a good 10 minutes. I still don't know where to get the supplies for all of it but it's definitely worth getting into the alchemy. It makes the weapons do more damage and things like that. It's really useful when speedrunning or struggling against a certain mob. Not wraiths though. Fuck wraiths 

I sat there staring at the crafting of armor for a good 10 minutes. I still don't know where to get the supplies for all of it but it's definitely worth getting into the alchemy. It makes the weapons do more damage and things like that. It's really useful when speedrunning or struggling against a certain mob. Not wraiths though. Fuck wraiths 

Yeah the game keeps saying to use oils for my blades, but I don't even know where to begin looking for half the stuff for them. I could buy them but Gold is more spent than earned. Witcher Problems I guess.

I have yet to buy this game, but I really want it. 

I couldn't recommend it any more. Possibly the best game I have ever played

Yeah the game keeps saying to use oils for my blades, but I don't even know where to begin looking for half the stuff for them. I could buy them but Gold is more spent than earned. Witcher Problems I guess.

The gold situation is a tough one in the game. I just stick to thunderbolt. The oils don't really show a difference to me and thunderbolt does. I have all the oils, just never got round to use them

Just look at the wiki. That's literally all you need to do. I turn to the Skyrim wiki and Nep wiki whenever I need help. Both have helped me a ton in each game.

I couldn't recommend it any more. Possibly the best game I have ever played

The gold situation is a tough one in the game. I just stick to thunderbolt. The oils don't really show a difference to me and thunderbolt does. I have all the oils, just never got round to use them

That's good for you, but I'll need major convincing - by both the game itself and players before I ever call another RPG other than Skyrim the best game I will ever play. I have dumped thousands of hours into Skyrim on both PC and console. It's in my top 4 best games ever. While I am not saying that The Witcher III doesn't have the potential to make that very small list, I AM saying that whenever people say a particular RPG is just as good or better than Skyrim, I always end up disappointed, because Skyrim has set such an incredibly high bar (for me personally) that other RPGs just fail to surpass or even meet it. They are good, hell even great, but so far, no other RPG has met my expectations. I will be getting this game, though, and I will play it until it can no longer satisfy me - if it meets my minimal expectations. I have high hopes for this game - I've been following it's development and release closely.

But like I said, I'll need major convincing before I let another game take Skyrim's place.

Yeah I use Thunderbolt too. I would imagine there's more better ones you can make though.

Just look at the wiki. That's literally all you need to do. I turn to the Skyrim wiki and Nep wiki whenever I need help. Both have helped me a ton in each game.

I would but it's still a new game, and so people that work on the wiki's don't have everything to make accurate guides or how-to's. Considering how big The Witcher 3 is it will probably take a while. I know when it came to Dragon Age: Inquisition by the time I got the Platinum they were still adding in things for questlines and other gear you can get.

Yeah I use Thunderbolt too. I would imagine there's more better ones you can make though.

I would but it's still a new game, and so people that work on the wiki's don't have everything to make accurate guides or how-to's. Considering how big The Witcher 3 is it will probably take a while. I know when it came to Dragon Age: Inquisition by the time I got the Platinum they were still adding in things for questlines and other gear you can get.

Have you ever purchased a BradyGames or Prima video game guide? They're extremely thorough, detailed and incredibly useful, and cover everything in the games from crafting armor and enchanting weapons to the hidden secrets in dungeons and NPCs in the game. They're a little pricey though, around $25. Here's the Prima guide for Witcher III. Honestly, I have to tell you to buy it. It can save you countless hours of headaches and pointless wandering around. I purchased the one for Diablo III and have not regretted it at all.

http://www.target.com/p/the-witcher-wild-hunt-video-game-strategy-guide/-/A-18784659?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=google_pla_df&LNM=18784659&CPNG=Video+Games&kpid=18784659&LID=21pgs&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=18784659&kpid=18784659&gclid=CjwKEAjw-ZqrBRDt_KjhjcbzhhISJAAlRGvl9E2hQFVXG2-PvUpy5xW3tRaVw0RZX4ePgyVZ7tc4sBoC2g7w_wcB

Yea... I didn't really enjoy Skyrim. I played it for about 10 hours on PC. It just didn't satisfy me

Just look at the wiki. That's literally all you need to do. I turn to the Skyrim....

.....But like I said, I'll need major convincing before I let another game take Skyrim's place.

Have you ever purchased a BradyGames or Prima video game guide? They're extremely thorough, detailed and incredibly useful, and cover everything in the games from crafting armor and enchanting weapons to the hidden secrets in dungeons and NPCs in the game. They're a little pricey though, around $25. Here's the Prima guide for Witcher III. Honestly, I have to tell you to buy it. It can save you countless hours of headaches and pointless wandering around. I purchased the one for Diablo III and have not regretted it at all.

http://www.target.com/p/the-witcher-wild-hunt-video-game-strategy-guide/-/A-18784659?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=google_pla_df&LNM=18784659&CPNG=Video+Games&kpid=18784659&LID=21pgs&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=18784659&kpid=18784659&gclid=CjwKEAjw-ZqrBRDt_KjhjcbzhhISJAAlRGvl9E2hQFVXG2-PvUpy5xW3tRaVw0RZX4ePgyVZ7tc4sBoC2g7w_wcB

I haven't, no. I feel like I should have though. :P

I have a GameStop near me though, and so I'm sure they have some. So next time I'm out I'll take a look. Thanks.

Wish I could say my game time, but its glitched to shit xD Game is phenomenal, I've been wandering around for hours and hours and hours just clearing the map and doing sidequests.

Without getting spoilery my next main quest is to visit the place after Velen, Skillege or something. Im level 12 or 13, can't remember. 

I haven't, no. I feel like I should have though. :P

I have a GameStop near me though, and so I'm sure they have some. So next time I'm out I'll take a look. Thanks.

No problem. If a game has an in-depth guide, I usually buy it because God knows, I'll usually need it eventually. Aside from that, the guides are beautifully printed and almost always have some sort of goody in it. I think the AC Unity guide has a poster.

I wouldn't doubt that GameStop has a Witcher guide. They've been promoting the game furiously.

Really enjoying the game, but having played the first two I'm still sad that the combat is still crappy and you're still poor 95% of the time for someone who basically lives to get paid for his services. Could never figure that one out in these games.

I'm less than 10 hours in the game(doing clean up on side quests and discoveries in velen) and  even tough I played the last two games I know that I would have enjoyed this game separately. So yeah.It's A great game and i'm loving it.

Don't think I'm that far in. I'm playing in doses and switching between games. Bloody brilliant game though :D

Don't buy it, text sizes are too small. It's very annoying.

.... you're trolling right?

The witcher series is the only rpg series that I cannot get myself into. I read the books and am a huge fan of the world but dear lord the controls on the pc are TERRIBLE. But I will probably get witcher 3 as a final attempt to get into the games because they all look amazing. Here's hoping that the 2nd game get's a port as well.

Really enjoying the game, but having played the first two I'm still sad that the combat is still crappy and you're still poor 95% of the time for someone who basically lives to get paid for his services. Could never figure that one out in these games.

This is part of the lore. Witchers often get scammed out of their pay or don't get paid much at all, its why the bargaining mechanic is in there to begin with, to make you feel how a Witcher feels when negotiating a contract. 

Personally love the combat. Quite the improvement over the second game.

I like it, not sure if I love it. The world is beautiful, quests are well made for the most part. Sadly there are tons of frustrating elements, not only the so-so optimization. The game doesn't even run at a smooth 30fps. The most frustrating part is the clunky movement, and how I sometimes have to spend 4 seconds to pick something up or interact. Sometimes I stop moving my stick yet Geralt keeps walking for 2 seconds; incredibly annoying. You cannot escape combat unless you run away, so say you want to climb a ladder or jump over an obstacle.. nope. Missable trophies in a game this huge is also bull. The game isn't bad though, I just brought up some negatives.

You'll definitely get your moneys worth, no matter what really.

I love Gwent, really well made card game. Plus points for that.