Online Pass Still Required?

Hey guys,

I want to buy a pre owned version of this game which is still cheaper than the PSN version, currently on discount. After some research, I found out that an online pass is required to get access to the multiplayer. I will try to earn 100% completion trophy wise on this game so I am planning to buy all the DLCs as well. My question is, even if I buy a pre owned copy, after purchasing all the DLCs available, will I still need an online pass? 

Hey guys,

I want to buy a pre owned version of this game which is still cheaper than the PSN version, currently on discount. After some research, I found out that an online pass is required to get access to the multiplayer. I will try to earn 100% completion trophy wise on this game so I am planning to buy all the DLCs as well. My question is, even if I buy a pre owned copy, after purchasing all the DLCs available, will I still need an online pass? 

I remember reading an article that stated Ubi was phasing out online passes. Dug this one up http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/31/5052198/ubisoft-phasing-out-uplay-passport-will-be-free-for-assassins-creed-4

And a quick Google search shows that people are saying that you only need a Uplay account now, like Kubanga has stated.

I own a pre-owned version of this game where the OP was previously used. I tried accessing the multiplayer and it said I needed a pass. I already have a Uplay account, but that is not enough to play MP. 

Yeah, I saw that article too, Death_Ninja. Ubisoft seems to have discontinued its online pass program and it would not make sense if the situation turned out to be different just for AC Revelations only. Btw, when did you last try to access the multiplayer, AnimeDreama? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...