Need For Speed Will Require An Online Connection

Azaan60

Is this still something that is a sticking point?

How many people actually take thier PS4s offline, and if so, why?

It's more about the fact that it's dependent on EA's servers. If EA's servers go down (and knowing EA, they will) the game will be unplayable.

Edited by Azaan60

It's more about the fact that it's dependent on EA's servers. If Ea's servers go down (and knowing EA, they will) the game will be unplayable.

Well thats true, but thats true of a lot of games where multiplayer is the focus.

I just doubt the voracity of the comments here - i doubt there are very many people who were going to buy this, but now wont because its online only.

I think its just because people love to bash EA - i'd be willing to bet thet if No Mans Sky, for example, turns out to be online only it wouldn't result in such childish comments.

• Like 2

Online-only based games that could easily have offline are very off putting for me just for the fact that the game is reliant on the servers :/ for example, if someone loves the game and is itching to play but finds out there's ongoing maintenance/servers are down then that person is going to be let down

Hopefully EA makes the game worthwhile for their fans anyway ^-^

• Like 1

Well... I'm not even surprised.

It's more about the fact that it's dependent on EA's servers. If EA's servers go down (and knowing EA, they will) the game will be unplayable.

That's what got me wondering... if EA announced this game to be online-only, there's no way they can take the servers down because as you said, the game would be absolutely unplayable, which would mean that EA cannot offer what we paid for. It wouldn't be the same as taking down the servers where MP is only part of the game.

NFS will require an online connection, but the benefits are nice. I get to keep my money.

You just won this thread :DDDDDD

Is this still something that is a sticking point?

How many people actually take thier PS4s offline, and if so, why?

I never voluntarily take my PS4 offline, but where I live now the internet is shoddy and it kicks me offline sometimes. Getting kicked to the main menu in the middle of a race would suck pretty bad. That's just my opinion.

I only take my PS4 office when I'm playing weeb games like Omega Quintet. I got caught playing Akiba once and I got crap from my best friends about being a closet perv. I mean it none of it bothers me, they should be allowed to call me out on my fails every now and then as good friends do.

Or for when I go on my phone before turning on the PS4 and I know I'll get bombarded with invites to a derelict game like BF4. Fug dat. I got my trophies already leave me alone.

Meh, as long as the game is good being online only doesn't bother me that much. I can count on one hand the amount of times my internet has been down in the past 2-3 years (PSN is a different story, unfortunately) but I can certainly understand why someone would choose to skip the game after hearing this information. 

Parker

• Like 1

Finally some good news (?): single player mode confirmed. Hope there won't be too many online trophies lol.

XWelEgQc_bigger.pngNeed for Speed ‏@NeedforSpeed  3h3 hours ago
@jestermarcus Single player means you can enjoy the game solo, but if you want your friends can join too.
View conversation0 retweets1 favorite

Retweet
 Favorite1

More

XWelEgQc_bigger.pngNeed for Speed ‏@NeedforSpeed  4h4 hours ago
@Diablo1965 Hey there, Apollo. We haven't gone into game features like this quite yet, but stay tuned for more information.
View conversation0 retweets0 favorites

Retweet
 Favorite

More

@KelboDelta It's up to you if you want to invite your friends in to your single player game.

Retweet
 Favorite

More

@KelboDelta Rivals is not what the reboot is based on. NFS is featuring a nocturnal, open world with authentic urban car culture.

Retweet
 Favorite

More

@Turkz89 The single player game lets you play alone or with friends. It's your choice.

Retweet
 Favorite1

More

@AlmightyBoob This should help explain why the servers would get shut off - http://bit.ly/n4kDDY 

Retweet
 Favorite1

More

XWelEgQc_bigger.pngNeed for Speed ‏@NeedforSpeed  5h5 hours ago
@AlmightyBoob You don't have to play with friends in single player. It's an option if you want them as part of your narrative experience.

Retweet
 Favorite1

More

XWelEgQc_bigger.pngNeed for Speed ‏@NeedforSpeed  5h5 hours ago
@GamingVape NFS will require internet, but you will be able to play in both single player and multiplayer - depending on your preference.

Retweet
 Favorite1

More

Edited by ytfhqqu

I was really excited for this game and this just killed it. What happens when the servers get shut off at the end of the life cycle of the game, you can't even go back and play it, all you have is a glorified coaster for your coffee table.

Despite popular belief people still play games without the need of online play or features and to completely single out the people who game this way is asinine.

I won't be buying it and I hope the game tanks and flops just to send a message to all the other game devs who want to make games this way.

• Like 1