Master Marksman hit detection problem?

Is it just me or are people having hit detection problems with the crossbow?

I have been trying this for about 2-3 hours now and am at like 10.

I went point blank to enemies and shot them dead in the head and it didn't count as a headshot..

Any way around this or deal with it?

The aim system is completely messed up, the best luck I had getting the headshots was using axii and then shooting them in the head from their right side, it still misses the head more often than not but it seemed more effective than anything else I tried (you'll know you got the headshot if you get the vibration/camera shake). Also make sure you're doing this in the devil's pit for the fastest results.

The aim system is completely messed up, the best luck I had getting the headshots was using axii and then shooting them in the head from their right side, it still misses the head more often than not but it seemed more effective than anything else I tried (you'll know you got the headshot if you get the vibration/camera shake). Also make sure you're doing this in the devil's pit for the fastest results.

You literally described exactly what I'm doing. I get them all at the gate. Shoot one until he has little health, Axii, shoot the head. If I get the camera shake, good for me. If not I just shake my head and carry on.

You literally described exactly what I'm doing. I get them all at the gate. Shoot one until he has little health, Axii, shoot the head. If I get the camera shake, good for me. If not I just shake my head and carry on.

Yeah, unless someone has a way around the aiming system I don't know of a better way at the moment. That trophy took me around 5 hours so it's definitely a long and repetitive journey

How did you get the Environmentally Unfriendly achievement?

That one kind of came naturally as I played through the game, although most of them probably came from swamp gas: wait for some drowners to walk into the green cloud and light it up with igni. There's a location in white orchard as well as crookbag bog, as well as the cave that you went to with keira where this can be done

That one kind of came naturally as I played through the game, although most of them probably came from swamp gas: wait for some drowners to walk into the green cloud and light it up with igni. There's a location in white orchard as well as crookbag bog, as well as the cave that you went to with keira where this can be done

Thanks. I'll go to Crookbag Bog now. The marksman is getting tedious. I'll try this for a while

Thanks. I'll go to Crookbag Bog now. The marksman is getting tedious. I'll try this for a while

the exploding barrels can also get you quite a bit of kills, I'm not sure but I think the swamp area in white orchard has both barrels and gas clouds so you might get it quicker there

the exploding barrels can also get you quite a bit of kills, I'm not sure but I think the swamp area in white orchard has both barrels and gas clouds so you might get it quicker there

I did it there for a bit and got it. I only needed like a total of 10 kills with it. Thanks, nonetheless 

• 2 years later...
On 29/5/2015 at 4:38 PM, HellbornHunter said:

This was helpful, thank you; I was searching for a method to do this, and yes, the crossbow hit detection it is really bad.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 5/30/2015 at 0:14 AM, JudasXII said:

I went point blank to enemies and shot them dead in the head and it didn't count as a headshot..

Wait, how do you tell if the game is counting/not counting it as a headshot? I figured shooting them dead in head (once at low life) was suffice.