Does this require 500hrs at least?

I've been thinking of acquiring this game before the year ends and I get enough money. But I read the guide states its time to plat ranges from 500hr-the rest of my life.

Now I don't have any troubles with the difficulty, but spending more than 200 hrs (my ultimate top limit for a videogame unless I become absolutely addicted to it) is a serious issue. I appreciate my life and videogame hobbies enough to spend it on a single one (or keep playing it along with others) for so long.

So I ask anyone who knows or has this godly plat: does it really require that much time? why?

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 1

I have a friend with the platinum. He said it took him around 50-60 hours for single player, and 60+ hours for multiplayer

The guide is very hyperbolic by stating it'd take 500 hours to the rest of your life, though I'm sure I heard doing online legit without boosting will take at least 350 hours

Edited by Aela
  • Like 3

I have a friend with the platinum. He said it took him around 50-60 hours for single player, and 60+ hours for multiplayer

The guide is very hyperbolic by stating it'd take 500 hours to the rest of your life, though I'm sure I heard doing online legit without boosting will take at least 350 hours

Hmm I see, so with boost the game might range between 120-180+ hours I guess.

Thanks for your answer :D

I feel bad for the one who wrote the guide though. I know "the rest of your life" sounds far fetched, but for him/her to state 500 hrs...

• Like 1

The amount of time is largely skill dependent.  If you can clear arcade mode fairly quickly the rest of the game won't take nearly as long.  The MP will require boosting as it's almost completely dead.

It actually took me around 100 hours, 60 h boosting and 40 h the rest. Story is very short and easy to do while arcade and sentry modes will require a bit of practice. If you have PS Move arcade and sentry trophies are easier. Honestly this platinum was nowhere near as hard as other games I played xD

I appreciate your responses, now I see they were exaggerating. Weird, "playstationtrophies.org" usually gives spot-on guides.

I have it, from what I remember I think The online is pretty dead.

Add me if you want, I may play sometime though I can't promise I'll have much time or will always be available ¬_¬

Regarding Razing Storm, I would add you if I was certain I would buy this game sooner or later, but right now is just a possibility at best.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be rude, and if I unconsciously did, I apologize.

Still, if you want to boost something else I'll add you anyways if you want to. Right now I'm stuck with this other guy wrapping up SSFIV but after that I should be available sometimes at night for other games (Mountain Tome Zone).

Cheers!

I wouldn't underestimate the difficulty of the Arcade and Sentry modes but then to be fair I don't have the PS Move or Guncon. It could also be I just suck, that's always a possibility :P

I'm not, most 8+/10 aren't a walk in the park (know that from experience). I just said that cuz I have some ideas of what to expect from these games :).

Not everyone is good at every genre. You should see how I fare in fighters :lol:.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

Regarding Razing Storm, I would add you if I was certain I would buy this game sooner or later, but right now is just a possibility at best.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be rude, and if I unconsciously did, I apologize.

Still, if you want to boost something else I'll add you anyways if you want to. Right now I'm stuck with this other guy wrapping up SSFIV but after that I should be available sometimes at night for other games (Mountain Tome Zone).

Cheers!

No probs I mean its just an offer, Not sure I'd be to active anyway =?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I spent around 100 hours, 50 or 60 of them for MP and the boost is so boring, so is better be prepared and have some boost experience already.

The Guncon or PS move rumor is fake, they aren't necessary, I used a regular pad for everything and I hadn't too many problems.

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
25 minutes ago, Floriiss said:

Anyone still down to boost this game? Me and my friend are after the platinum, but boosting most of the MP trophies requires four people. So I was wondering if there's anyone that'd like to join us?

Shame my PS3 is messed up right now. Would love to get this UR plat with you guys

Anyone still down to boost this game? Me and my friend are after the platinum, but boosting most of the MP trophies requires four people. So I was wondering if there's anyone that'd like to join us?

If you wish to look for people to boost, its always advised to use the Gaming Sessions section of the website to find people :)

Edited by TheBritishBaron

27 minutes ago, ryankamal1998 said:

Shame my PS3 is messed up right now. Would love to get this UR plat with you guys

Any way you can fix it ? :o Looking at your trophy list you seem just the perfect guy for this journey haha. Ur trophies all the way :D

25 minutes ago, TheBritishBaron said:

If you wish to look for people to boost, its always advised to use the Gaming Sessions section of the website to find people :)

I know that. I'm not new to this site lmao. Problem is that I can't create one since I don't have the game on my account yet. That's why I asked it beforehand in this thread :P

59 minutes ago, Floriiss said:

Yo im up for it man

4 minutes ago, Floriiss said:

Any way you can fix it ? :o Looking at your trophy list you seem just the perfect guy for this journey haha. Ur trophies all the way :D

Getting one in a couple of weeks :b if you haven't started by then I'll be down for sure? And thank you but I honestly have such a low amount of UR's compared to my Platinums. I'll fix that when my completion is fixed too (':

3 minutes ago, ryankamal1998 said:

Getting one in a couple of weeks :b if you haven't started by then I'll be down for sure? And thank you but I honestly have such a low amount of UR's compared to my Platinums. I'll fix that when my completion is fixed too (':

I'd rather start it ASAP, but a couple weeks of waiting cant do harm I guess? Recently ordered Lost Planet 2 as well, so I should have my hands full anyways lol. 

7 minutes ago, Floriiss said:

I'd rather start it ASAP, but a couple weeks of waiting cant do harm I guess? Recently ordered Lost Planet 2 as well, so I should have my hands full anyways lol. 

I'll keep you updated. I might just bite the bullet and get one next week instead though which seems like a better option. Should be no later than April 3rd if that's okay with you guys. And dang good luck with that. Heard many things about that game

Edit: is using a PS3 controller possible to play that game? Trophy guide is based on the move controller.

Edited by ryankamal1998

13 minutes ago, ryankamal1998 said:

I'll keep you updated. I might just bite the bullet and get one next week instead though which seems like a better option. Should be no later than April 3rd if that's okay with you guys. And dang good luck with that. Heard many things about that game

Edit: is using a PS3 controller possible to play that game? Trophy guide is based on the move controller.

Well, I just received an PM from another Dutch member that'd like to participate. That'd make a perfect squad of dutchies. But I feel bad because I don't want to leave people out. Maybe you can join us later on, if possible?

2 minutes ago, Floriiss said:

Well, I just received an PM from another Dutch member that'd like to participate. That'd make a perfect squad of dutchies. But I feel bad because I don't want to leave people out. Maybe you can join us later on, if possible?

Oh it's all good I have a few friends with it on their list so I'll just gather them up at some point. Also leaves me some time to get a PS3 instead of rushing. Good luck! With your profile I'm sure you won't need it lmao

• Like 1