Legendary Drop rates have increased by 3x

Azaan60

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/borderlands-2-pre-sequel-legendary-drop-rates/ 

Eager to get your fix of that inviting orange glow? Vault Hunters’ arsenals everywhere are about to get a lot more tricked out. Gearbox has implemented a hot fix for both Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel that permanently triples the drop rate of legendary items. The update applies to all platforms for both games, including the most recent editions in The Handsome Collection on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The hot fix will be made permanent in upcoming updates to the games’ various iterations.

Players might have noticed something fishy recently as Gearbox tweaked the rate to find the perfect balance, which was done quietly in order to avoid influencing players’ opinions with numbers. Between April 9 and May 13, 2015, Gearbox futzed with the legendary drop rate to see what felt best to the community. The developers found that the previous rates made legendaries feel dishearteningly rare, while anything over a 3x boost felt excessive, diminishing the joy of finding that orange glow. Three times the previous rate is apparently the sweet spot (one might say “the Goldilocks zone”) for legendary items.

• Like 1

Seems stramge that they would do this for Borderlands 2, 3 years after its release. But I guess it's more for the Handsome Collection.

Now if only they would increase Jimmy Jenkins' rate. Then I can finally platinum the game, and stop being frustrated every time I start it up.

Seems stramge that they would do this for Borderlands 2, 3 years after its release. But I guess it's more for the Handsome Collection.

Now if only they would increase Jimmy Jenkins' rate. Then I can finally platinum the game, and stop being frustrated every time I start it up.

Did you try the Doctor's Orders side quest method? I found Jenkins on my 11th try with that.

This makes me wonder why did they implement those abysmal drop rates in the first place. I played as Axton all the way to lvl 72 and during the course of 3 playthroughs plus dlc's I've seen only a couple of legendary items, i think gearbox spent a lot of time and money designing the orange gear which i never saw drop, what was the point? Now i guess all they need to do is to balance op8 so the endgame would be actually fun to play.

Edited by dimonemt

Did you try the Doctor's Orders side quest method? I found Jenkins on my 11th try with that.

If only it has been that easy to me... I spent 12 hours grinding for Jenkins on that very same spot. Leveled 45-49 just from killing midget looters, so it was not a complete waste.

That's all I've been doing lol. I go through it maybe 10 times, get frustrated, and put the game away. Then, maybe a month later, I try again. I've gone though the area at least 60 times now, and still nothing. Worst part is, my brother has the game on his Xbox, and he literally found Jenkins 3 times in a row.

I hate that a stupid luck based thing is keeping me from a plat.

If only it has been that easy to me... I spent 12 hours grinding for Jenkins on that very same spot. Leveled 45-49 just from killing midget looters, so it was not a complete waste.

That's all I've been doing lol. I go through it maybe 10 times, get frustrated, and put the game away. Then, maybe a month later, I try again. I've gone though the area at least 60 times now, and still nothing. Worst part is, my brother has the game on his Xbox, and he literally found Jenkins 3 times in a row.

I hate that a stupid luck based thing is keeping me from a plat.

Man that sucks. It might be that the spawn rate is higher with more people. I once took 2 other people with me and they both killed him within 18 times. Not sure if this was a coincidence, but you could try to get 3 other players to spawn Jenkins.

• 1 month later...

Wow. That's incredibly unlucky. I too was around 10-15 times w/ Doctor's Orders (and I got a Legendary Siren class mod in the deal).

Wow. That's incredibly unlucky. I too was around 10-15 times w/ Doctor's Orders (and I got a Legendary Siren class mod in the deal).

I got two of that orange shotgun (conference call?) and a couple several levels from doing it (i was underleveled against story mission progress), so I almost don't have enough reason to complain (other than the huge waste of time, that is...).

• 2 weeks later...

Well if you still want Jimmy I got him. Wildlife preserve is not the only place he'll spawn. Arid Nexus is the second best hotspot for Jimmy Jenkins, it's even better than opportunity. However, you still gonna need some luck.