Beyond Two Souls... couch coop?

PleaseHoldOn

Anyone mind explaining how it works in this game?

Admittedly, I don't know or live with anyone I could probably convince to sit through an 8-10 hour story-heavy game like this with me, so I'll probably just try and do it myself for the platinum when that day comes... but turning this into a two player experience in general seems kind of odd.  I know how the game plays... there are times where you can jump between Jodie and Aiden... is the entire game turned split screen at all times?  Are there times where one player is doing something and the other is just sitting there waiting for their turn?  It seems like a concept that could work at some times, but has to be dreadfully boring for players (for example) floating around as Aiden with nothing to do. xD

In addendum, I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has done it... how difficult is it to play through the game with both controllers alone?

Thanks!

I think there's only ever one person doing anything, you can play it with solo because you only use one controller at a time. Sometimes you can "choose" to use Aiden but that still means Jodie isn't doing anything. It's a weird co-op, it feels like an afterthought imo.

• Like 1

There is no split screen. When you control Aiden, you can't control Jodie unless you switch back to her.

It's not hard playing through with two controllers. Sometimes I found myself forgetting to pick the second controller up when switching to Aiden and I would stare at the screen waiting for something to happen, lol :P

You need 2 controllers but you only had to use one at the time. It's basically like playing this game as you normally do but you just have own controller for both characters. I can't remember that there were any moments where you needed to swap controllers really fast, so there is like zero challenge to do this alone.

You need 2 controllers but you only had to use one at the time. It's basically like playing this game as you normally do but you just have own controller for both characters. I can't remember that there were any moments where you needed to swap controllers really fast, so there is like zero challenge to do this alone.

This is how you do it. You can also do co-op via the Beyond: Two Souls app. Last I checked it was available via Android & iOS devices. I know for a fact it's available on Android. I personally did the co-op using an Android Phone. It's a controller for both specific characters. You play Jodie while someone else plays as Aiden. 

Edit: In terms of being difficult, it really isn't. It's more frustrating or annoying, especially if you're using a phone or device for the App considering you're using a touch screen instead of joysticks.

Edited by blankmar

When I did the 2 player trophy I used my iPhone to control Jodie and DS3 to control Aiden. Just press an icon on the iPhone screen to switch to Aiden then use the DS3, and  :triangle:  on the DS3 to switch back to Jodie. Dunno if the companion app is still available, but I found it quite good to control Jodie like that.

Anyone mind explaining how it works in this game?

Admittedly, I don't know or live with anyone I could probably convince to sit through an 8-10 hour story-heavy game like this with me, so I'll probably just try and do it myself for the platinum when that day comes... but turning this into a two player experience in general seems kind of odd.  I know how the game plays... there are times where you can jump between Jodie and Aiden... is the entire game turned split screen at all times?  Are there times where one player is doing something and the other is just sitting there waiting for their turn?  It seems like a concept that could work at some times, but has to be dreadfully boring for players (for example) floating around as Aiden with nothing to do. xD

In addendum, I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has done it... how difficult is it to play through the game with both controllers alone?

Thanks!

MP is exactly the same as playing SP, it's just that one player controls Aiden and the other Jodie, you can do it alone with no trouble, just have to keep changing controllers.

Appreciate the info guys.  I guess the coop mode wasn't really meant to be the type of thing where two people sit down and play a game together... sounds like it's essentially two people taking turns doing what one person would've normally done.  Agreed it sounds kind of tacked on.

Though I guess that's good news in terms of me getting the platinum someday. xD

• 2 months later...