What is the max amount of playthoughs you went through for a platinum?

Used the search engine and I didn't find this topic anywhere...*crosses fingers he won't make a fool of himself

:lol: Hey guys,

So as you probably already know, the question here is: what's the max amount of playthroughs you went through to plat a game?

Now that DOESN'T mean that it is your grindiest platinum or longest to achieve!! Don't get the question wrong.

It doesn't matter if it is the minimum number of playthroughs or because you screwed a playthrough

For me it's Wet: S9790f4.png with an amount of...(drumroll)... 4 playthroughs!

Game even glitched on me so I had to do a few chapters up to 6 times :facepalm: !!

At least the game is really short and not too hard.

Done 132 platinums and I never did a game more than three times except this one

SO WHAT IS YOUR HIGHEST NUMBER OF PLAYTHROUGHS!?!?!?

Edit: 133th plat: Legend of the guardians The owls of Ga'Hoole which requires 4 playthoughs;)

Edited by dav1d_123

Dunno if it counts, but Hungry Horde got me doing over 300 playthroughs, but that is a roguelike, so I'm betting it doesn't count.

I think that apart from that one, I believe I did 6(?) playthroughs for Anarchy Reigns. Was boring though. There was also POP WW that I made 5 playthroughs due to 2 failed no-death runs.

It is a tie between Last of Us and Tales of Symphonia with 4 playthroughs on each.

Tales of Symphonia actually requires at least 4 playthroughs to get all titles

Last of Us took me 4 playthroughs because had to do a minimum of 3 playthrough (this was before grounded mode dlc) and the collectibles glitched on my 3rd playthrough so I had to do a 4th for those doods 

Dunno if it counts, but Hungry Horde got me doing over 300 playthroughs, but that is a roguelike, so I'm betting it doesn't count.

I think that apart from that one, I believe I did 6(?) playthroughs for Anarchy Reigns. Was boring though. There was also POP WW that I made 5 playthroughs due to 2 failed no-death runs.

Anarchy reigns with 6 playthroughs!? What the hell

As much as I remember this game only requires 2 or 3 playthroughs. What went wrong pal:P

And that 7 playthroughs for ninja gaiden..damn

I know this game is hard as hell but never played it (yet)

Edited by dav1d_123

Infamous Second Son with a grand total of ...... 2 playthroughs :P

I don't tend to play games more than once or if I do its years apart, too many games, too little time :/

EDIT: if it counts - Danganronpa 1+2's school/island mode, that's about 6/7 playthroughs

Edited by DJROE95

Mine is Resident Evil HD with 7 playthroughs. I could have easily done it in less, but I didn't mind playing through it that many times. 

Jill - Easy 

Chris - Normal

Jill - Normal - Speedrun

Jill - Hard - 100%/ No save

Chris - Easy - Knife

Jill - Real Survivor 

Jill - Invisible enemy

It's Chris who's the sandwich with my playthroughs.  :lol:

Edited by Yoshi

Well, technically I've played through Playstation All Stars 20 times, but I guess that doesn't count.

I've also done 8 seasons in F1 2011 Vita, but again, dunno if it counts.

Then I guess it would be The Last of Us with something like 3 playthroughs.

Usually 2 is where I'll draw the line with a game but for Mass Effect I'll be doing 3 and for Fallout 3 on the 360 I did it 3 times but I wasn't going for the achievements, I just happened to 100% the game on that particular playthrough.

Edited by BhekifaZ

When you like Hack n' Slash games, multiple playthroughs are par for the course. But even with Devil May Cry and God of War, Bayonetta takes my top spot with at least 14 playthroughs. All because, unfortunately, you can't use multiple characters in a single save, so you have to begin all over again when picking a new one.

The Last of Us for 6 playthroughs

1 - Hard mode for the experience

2 - Survivor

3 - Survivor +

4 - Collectable Cleanup

5 - Grounded

6 - Grounded +

I was aware of a glitch that could've taken two playthroughs off the total, but I think it was worth it in the end. I've also done another 2 in the ps4 version so far :S

Mass Effect 1 also took 3+ playthroughs.

Edited by Saltyie

Not even close for me. The most was 9 playthroughs for the Metal Gear Solid 4 plat. 

I ended up doing 9 playthroughs of Metal Gear Solid 4 one after another because I didn't follow a guide for the first 2 playthroughs :D

But I loved every second of that game so it was worth it :D

I did the exact same thing. Now I always glance at a trophy guide before starting a game. At least the game was great so I didn't mind.

Edited by MStalker58
  • Like 2

Rage-5 playthroughs

1st. I didn't care for trophies.

2nd. screwed up "Obsessive Compulsive" trophy

3rd. Managed to get the above on normal.

4th. Had to beat the game on hard for platinum.

5th. Bought the scorchers dlc without knowing it had a playthrough trophy and had to beat it on nightmare diff for that.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

I have Dead Space 3 and Skylanders: Swap Force both with 4

DS 3 - normal, classic mode, pure survival mode, hadcore mode

S:SF - normal, speed attack mode, score attack mode( I did this 3rd and beat all the levels on nightmare but it didn't count it), nightmare

Probably 11 or 12 on Disgaea 3/4/D2...

Well I did it, not because it was required for the platinum, but because I wanted to see all endings and get all characters in Disgaea 3 (Dies Gentleman unlock 1 per each NG+ started).. Still it was during my run for the platinum, so I think it counts..

Did it also on Disgaea 3 on vita, now time to plat it lol.

Note that as I said it was to get all endings, and because of that not all those playthrough were the full game, some endings are gotten in the 1st or 2nd chapters in those games..

Same was for Star Ocean, 5-6 playthrough (1 in each difficulty for trophies, and on easy for easier time with battle trophies + 1 or 2 playthroughs on normal when I got the game, while it wasn't exactly a trophy playthrough, I got quite a few battle trophies during that time, that I kept when going for the platinum).

Other then those 2 cases I don't really know, but it's frequent for me to do 2-4 playthrough when playing an RPG, and using only the last 1 to get anything I'm missing for the platinum..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

8 playthroughs on Dragon's Crown: 6 for each character and 2 for the remaining difficulties.

12 playthroughs on Mass Effect 2: 2 for the plat and 10 more for fun.

3 playthroughs on Dante`s Inferno because i missed a single fucking judas coin in 2 playthroughs  :facepalm:

That happened to me too. I missed Virgil in that frozen place, because he blended in so well :shakefist:.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1