What is your biggest screw up on your way to a platinum?

hey guys :wave: , here's the question

We all have that one moment when you just realised what you have done and that ONE trophy just f***ed you up real good.

So what is your biggest mistake on a platinum journey?

Mine is really not that bad because I am PARANOID about not screwing up and missing missable trophies in my games to the point it's almost a OCD :P

But I remember one of my first platinums(bioshock)

There was that bronze trophy for researching every ennemies to the max by taking pictures.

The problem is that you get the camera halfway through a chapter and almost immediatly after, one of the ennemies disappears forever which I didn't know :(  ended up with everything full expect ONE more of this ennemy to full my researches and had to do a THIRD playthrough for this bronze trophy.

Guess I learned my lesson because it's the only time I ever had to do a full playthrough for a dumb mistake;). Yeah, I know nothing crazy but I warned you.

But I'm convinced some of you have HILARIOUS stories about screwing up a goddamn 200h+ JRPG or something so share your story!!

Edited by dav1d_123

AWP- GTA4

Did half of wins wihtout using a checklist before re-reading the trophy again. Afterwards I won all of mp modes (and sub modes) for it and it didn't pop.

Heard there was a rare glitch that you could lose the trophy if you had more than 1 win on any mode.

Won all modes again in hopes of getting it...guess the result.

I got so mad cuz it was my last trophy for plat, so I sent a complain to Rockstar (even e-mailed them and wrote in their Facebook and twitter) and a guy told me to wait for them to process the complain.

1 week later one of their team fixed my mp results and told me to win a certain race.

Did as they asked and...

POP!

So yeah, it was 50% my fault, 50% theirs. Afterwards they erased my complain from their system, etc.

• Like 2

AWP- GTA4

Did half of wins wihtout using a checklist before re-reading the trophy again. Afterwards I won all of mp modes (and sub modes) for it and it didn't pop.

Heard there was a rare glitch that you could lose the trophy if you had more than 1 win on any mode.

Won all modes again in hopes of getting it...guess the result.

I got so mad cuz it was my last trophy for plat, so I sent a complain to Rockstar (even e-mailed them and wrote in their Facebook and twitter) and a guy told me to wait for them to process the complain.

1 week later one of their team fixed my mp results and told me to win a certain race.

Did as they asked and...

POP!

So yeah, it was 50% my fault, 50% theirs. Afterwards they erased my complain from their system, etc.

At least you didn't give up ! That plat must have felt good

My GTA V game glitched at 99% completion and no I'm not kidding

Only thing needed was ONE loosy 5 minutes long side mission but it just...disappeared from the map after a while and never reappeared and YES it is a glitch I know about certain activities at certain hours of the day and that wasn't it. I saved by accident at 80% while doing the car stunts hopefully but that last 20% was the longest one with things that were worth 0.3% and a bunch of side missions and races but i eventually did it!

Without that save I would have been at 0%. And another trophy glitched on me on single player, had to redo a huge bunch of the story...wasnt lucky with this game

Edited by dav1d_123
  • Like 1

At least you didn't give up ! That plat must have felt good

My GTA V game glitched at 99% completion and no I'm not kidding

Only thing needed was ONE loosy 5 minutes long side mission but it just...disappeared from the map after a while and never reappeared and YES it is a glitch I know about certain activities at certain hours of the day and that wasn't it. I saved by accident at 80% while doing the car stunts hopefully but that last 20% was the longest one with things that were worth 0.3% and a bunch of side missions and races but i eventually did it!

Without that save I would have been at 0%. And another trophy glitched on me on single player, had to redo a huge bunch of the story...wasnt lucky with this game

Owww, glitching at 99% completion must definitely suck (glad you had that backup though), and another trophy glitching? that's almost fatality. You are the one who deserves respect for enduring that, as you had no means of fixing it quickly. So congrats!  :yay: 

I had to do 3 whole playthrough of South Park stick of truth because each time i missed one of the collectable. It is a short game, but i lost at least 10 hours doing it.

Also, in "Dust an elysian tail", the game glitched after many hours of play. My character is stuck in a wall, can't get out, i don't have a backup save, the only thing i can do is restarting.

1. Accidentally overwritten my save file on Sly Cooper Thieves in Time with 1 collectible left to get. Gotta do that all over again now.

2. Playing Hardcore mode on Diablo 3 while half asleep and dying at level 69.

Those are my two worst that I can recall. Luckily it's not like my friend who was very close to 5 or 6 plats because he was jumping back and forth between 6 games at the time and ignored the signs and my warnings that his ps3 was about to die. He didn't back up his saves like I told him and 2 weeks later it crashed. All those plats plus a bunch of other games he had started before we're suddenly gone because his saves were gone. It devastated him to the point that he still hasn't gone back to finish those plats yet.

• Like 2

On Tales of Graces f during my 1st playthrough I had almost all the inn request done doods, then I found out I missed the only missable quest in the game and had to do it all over again on my next playthrough. What really sucked about it was I had spent hours upon hours grinding for some of the shards I needed so having to do them again was just......ugh 

• Like 1

Grinding out My Kung Fu is Stronger on Mortal Kombat. Finishing 3 fighters 24 hour trophies. Thinking "you know what would be smart. I should replace my save on the cloud just in case anything happens I will have my save with these fighters done"

The only problem is I did it in reverse order and copied my old cloud save to my ps3 and deleted my Ps3 save...all those fighters went back to 0 :(

• Like 3

So far the only game that comes to mind is Dead Space. And it was a stupid thing on my part.

Upon completing my first run I unlocked the hardest difficulty setting. (idr if it's called hardcore in the first game.)

I knew that playing the game on another setting would lock the difficulty...but didn't think that playing a new game plus would.

Suffice to say after completing new game plus I found the difficulty locked and to this day haven't gone back to beat it again...and then again. I just didn't find the game enjoyable enough to play 4 times in a row. (I had done this for Dishonored and it killed how much I enjoyed the game.)

Mine would have to be Kingdom's of Amular.  I didn't realize that there was a difficulty trophy which is something that I usually check for.  Beat the game (which is very long) only to find I was missing one trophy.  Checked to see what the trophy was and couldn't believe I would have to do a whole nother play through for one trophy.

Ys Celceta. That stupid trophy of getting information from an informant. Was half way through when I realized I can't go back (because once you pass a story point you can't get that informant to give you old info) so now I have to restart again.

When I was almost done with Ventus reports on KH:BBS I decided to start a Critical playtrough since I was starting to get bored of the grind, played untill the first Save point and decided that I had played enough for that day so I went to save and quit the game, sadly after a week or so playing and saving with Ven I was so used to save on the green picture that I end up overwriting my save, funny thing is I completely HATE every single minigame on that game, so having to replay all of them was a pain, but to compensate I adore every other aspect of the game, otherwise I wouldn't even bother to try the plat.

• Like 1

The road to Star Ocean's plat is littered with the bodies of many. I might yet get it one day, but the reason I don't have it is because I lost my original save file was lost when my first PS3 died. The thing is, I knew it was on the fritz, and a fellow trophy hunter warned me to back up the save, but in my arrogant stupidity, I kept right on playing, and lost the save (about 150 hours).

Then, playing again, I was careless and missed a missable chest, which forced me to find all of the chests on yet another playthrough. If I ever finish the last two trophies (I have only 3 battle trophies remaining, and I need to make three items), I might throw a real, physical party.

Stupid trophies. Stupid Japanese. Good luck to the crazy fools going for the plat in June.

Grinding out My Kung Fu is Stronger on Mortal Kombat. Finishing 3 fighters 24 hour trophies. Thinking "you know what would be smart. I should replace my save on the cloud just in case anything happens I will have my save with these fighters done"

The only problem is I did it in reverse order and copied my old cloud save to my ps3 and deleted my Ps3 save...all those fighters went back to 0 :(

lol, I worry that I'm doing that every single time I copy a save file to the cloud or usb drive. I'm not sure why since I've never actually done it in reverse order. Still, I double, even triple check, each time I do it.

• Like 1

I dodged the bullet *twice* on this topic but i would say Doom 3 BFG getting all the collectibles in a single playthrough had me paranoid even though i was using a guide, (but i figured it would be my bad luck that the guide missed one somewhere). And the second would be on Saints Row IV where you have to upgrade everything but not do it early in the game or it glitched. I think its called Where's My Cape.