Save get corrupted easily...

Kulzyc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just happened to me. Lost 30% progress on both Trans Siberian Railway and The 1%!! And lost 4 championship wins. It also put me back into Pineapple Punch so I have to re-unlock Roxie Roller now... but luckily I've already got all the career stars trophies so I don't have to re-do everything.

• 7 months later...

Got this in the flash sale. I'm using the remote play app + auto-key presser method of farming distance and coins from the other thread, but always lose a ton of progress if the game closes/ i have to restart it. So to make sure that didn't happen again, I went to upload/download save data and checked that it had updated the save data since I made any relevant progress. I closed the game and restarted it and it still sent me waaaaaaaaayyy back and now I have to beat roxie roller again >_> I don't get it.

I never used remote play on this game, only ever played on my ps4, and I never had it wipe my saves once.  Maybe I was lucky or maybe it has to do with remote play.  I just used a turbo stick and a rubberband to finish trans-Siberian railway.

• Like 1

well i've done some testing and it seems like the game just stops saving after 312 races, the background music also cuts out after 191 races. This was consistent twice with different races used, and characters + cars. I'm guessing this is still true if the game is suspended and resumed (like when 'turning off' the ps4); or more people just leave there ps4 on than i thought. I don't see how you would do that many normal races in one session so commonly otherwise.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...
On 03/02/2018 at 9:30 AM, lednatius said:

well i've done some testing and it seems like the game just stops saving after 312 races, the background music also cuts out after 191 races. This was consistent twice with different races used, and characters + cars. I'm guessing this is still true if the game is suspended and resumed (like when 'turning off' the ps4); or more people just leave there ps4 on than i thought. I don't see how you would do that many normal races in one session so commonly otherwise.

Thanks for this, that's saved me buying this!

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Can confirm, happened around the time I finished the career so lednatius might be right, something seems to trigger the save malfunction. Was saving to the cloud every now and then but at some point it rolled me back. Downloaded the saved file and still rolled me back, so whatever it is, is in the game code itself. Got lucky I did have a good save I guess, otherwise back to 0% probably...do wonder if you do the championships first if it will bug as well (if it's a generic x amount of races or if it's something with the career).

Actually had to leave my Ps4 turned on for 3 days just to make sure I'll finish and plat this game ffs. 

Shame because it's a neat little game, fun to play with people, but game breaking bugs like that are the worst thing in a game for me...

• 5 months later...
On 03/05/2022 at 7:13 AM, Rejim said:

Can confirm, happened around the time I finished the career so lednatius might be right, something seems to trigger the save malfunction. Was saving to the cloud every now and then but at some point it rolled me back. Downloaded the saved file and still rolled me back, so whatever it is, is in the game code itself. Got lucky I did have a good save I guess, otherwise back to 0% probably...do wonder if you do the championships first if it will bug as well (if it's a generic x amount of races or if it's something with the career).

Actually had to leave my Ps4 turned on for 3 days just to make sure I'll finish and plat this game ffs. 

Shame because it's a neat little game, fun to play with people, but game breaking bugs like that are the worst thing in a game for me...

Do you achieve the plat?

7 hours ago, silveiraFrEaK said:

How i made this solution, please?

Don't speak Portuguese, but will try in Spanish hoping that helps:

Parece que hay un problema en el código del juego y corrupta el archivo guardado en algún momento (pensamos que puede ser una vez la carrera acabada o puede ser después de (x) kms) entonces recomendaría tener un archivo guardado (en la nube) antes de terminar la carrera o empezar con los campeonatos primero (igual intenta subirlo en la nube en cada rato por si te falla, no tener que perder mucho). Lo mas recomendable es guardar la play encendida (puede ser en modo descanso) hasta conseguirlo la platina ?

14 hours ago, Rejim said:

Don't speak Portuguese, but will try in Spanish hoping that helps:

Parece que hay un problema en el código del juego y corrupta el archivo guardado en algún momento (pensamos que puede ser una vez la carrera acabada o puede ser después de (x) kms) entonces recomendaría tener un archivo guardado (en la nube) antes de terminar la carrera o empezar con los campeonatos primero (igual intenta subirlo en la nube en cada rato por si te falla, no tener que perder mucho). Lo mas recomendable es guardar la play encendida (puede ser en modo descanso) hasta conseguirlo la platina 1f605.png

Speak in English friend ?

I got all the Trophies, the only trophies i don't have is 1% and Trans-Siberian Railway, you say in the other post, your solution is was to leave the game running.

if i just leave the game running, does the platinum come? Running in the menu, running in a specific race? What is the correct way to execute this solution, if you can explain it to me I appreciate it very much ?

7 hours ago, silveiraFrEaK said:

Speak in English friend 1f602.png

I got all the Trophies, the only trophies i don't have is 1% and Trans-Siberian Railway, you say in the other post, your solution is was to leave the game running.

if i just leave the game running, does the platinum come? Running in the menu, running in a specific race? What is the correct way to execute this solution, if you can explain it to me I appreciate it very much 1f60e.png

Hahaha, didn't know if you were fluent in English or not, that's why.

By running I mean leave the ps4 online if you are not playing (and the game active), so next time you'll continue from where you left (that is so it doesn't roll you back in your save and lose progress). For the 1% I just followed the guide and turbo smashed x on an elimination race until I got it. For Trans, I did something similar as well, don't remember exactly though, or just did the races. Unfortunately if you have the US version, it will be much more of a hassle. Good luck though

16 hours ago, Rejim said:

Hahaha, didn't know if you were fluent in English or not, that's why.

By running I mean leave the ps4 online if you are not playing (and the game active), so next time you'll continue from where you left (that is so it doesn't roll you back in your save and lose progress). For the 1% I just followed the guide and turbo smashed x on an elimination race until I got it. For Trans, I did something similar as well, don't remember exactly though, or just did the races. Unfortunately if you have the US version, it will be much more of a hassle. Good luck though

Unfortunally, the grind is a pain kkkkkkk thank you for explanations my friend =D