Goro

Are You A Cat Or A Dog Person?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Are You A Cat Or A Dog Person?

• Cat
    • Dog
    • Both
    • Neither

Funny thread, reminds me of pre-school, we always got these questions haha!

Anyways, my mother takes care of ill dogs and such. So I've had quite a few dogs in my life. As of now, I have no dogs. But my mother has 2. But at some time when I lived at home, I belive my mother had 9 dogs for 4 or so months straight.. (Its not easy finding homes for some) 
But I've always had dogs so its just natural. However, I like cats too. In fact, my girlfriend has cats, and I enjoy spending time with them. My dad also had a cat a while, but he traveled quite a bit so my Grandma got the cat. However Grandma kinda fed the cat to death.. *Sigh.. Grandmas* :facepalm:  :popcorn: <- Me at grandma's house lol.

• Like 1

Definitely a Dog person. Dogs are just more playful and friendly. Plus, my brother is allergic to cats, so we just try to stay away from cats in general.

More importantly, you can train dogs to fetch beer out of the fridge for you! What more can you ask for?

• Like 2

I fucking hate cats. 

They tolerate you for food and would eat you if they were 4 feet long and 220lbs. 

Also if you die and forget to fill their bowls before having that fatal diabeetus attack then they'll eat your corpse.

Cats actively ignore you when they can and only tolerate you because you feed them. 

You love them, they hate you. ;) Not every cat of course, but, fuck cats. 

Dogs all day errr day. 

• Like 1

I've had both, used to own a few cats, now I have a dog. So I'm going with dogs for sure. They are just way more fun to have. You can teach them cool tricks, take them on walks, and play with them.

Cats just kinda lay there, and really do nothing interesting. Plus, there are a few stray cats in my neighborhood, and they just meow all night. It's annoying, I feel like Charlie Kelly.

• Like 1

Cats 100%. I personally dislike dogs. They're annoying and I don't find most breed of dog cute whereas I think most cats are cute. All the cats I've owned have been great, never ruined anything, friendly, and have never been aggressive in any way.

However I did have a German Shepherd for 9 years and he was great. He was a show dog who won a bunch of awards and was very well trained.

Edited by BhekifaZ
  • Like 1

I love both but I'm definitely a dog person. 

My best buddy in the whole world...

When we found him on the side of the road, obviously abused...

OBryant2005_1010_165737AA1.jpg

OBryant2005_1015_220458AA.jpg

A few years later...

macrozoom2006_1205_140956.jpg

2006_0226_233341.jpg

snowday2009_0128_111938AA.jpg

AKOBryant2006_0629_164945.jpg

Unfortunately he died last year because of a failed liver. I had him for about 6 years and I couldn't ask for a better friend. He slept in my bed every night, when my son was born he was wonderful with him and he was just such a playful little guy. I miss him every day, it is like I lost a family member when he died.

Parker

Oh.. Thats really sad to hear Parker. Made me tear up a bit. :(  I hope you and your family are feeling better after the loss!! 

I lost a dog I've had for about 8 years the past month. And it was and is super tough, so I know the pain of losing your best friend.

Parker. You're amazing, everything I see and hear about you is good. I wish everyone was like you. Thank you!

Also, fuck those who abuse animals. I've dealt with quite a few abused dogs as my mother took care of sick and unhealthy dogs. And actually, one of the two dogs my mother owns now, had a past where she got both abused and breeded. The only thing she had was food, they gave her lots and lots of food.

So she is scared of everything now. Every small sound from a pillow falling on the floor. The only thing she really gets happy about is when there is food around. Because thats the only thing she had.

She obviously feels a lot better now. But she is still very afraid of strangers and people she doesn't know good yet.

Edited by MarsipanRumpan
  • Like 1

Dogs. Currently, I sadly don't have any dogs since in the apartment we live we have to pay a fee just to keep our pets, and at the moment we don't have the time too pay $70 a month just to keep a dog and keep him here since it's too small of an apartment, and that would mean we should usually keep our dog locked inside the cage.
I prefer dogs way better than cats. I'm pretty antisocial, but I feel like the dogs I had were my best friends, or rather, a part of my own family. When I would be home alone for a few hours, or hell, days, I would feel pretty lively and accompanied when my dogs were hanging around with me, unlike cats, since I could never find out where my cats were sleeping, and if I did find them and wanted to play with them or something, they would just hiss and try to scratch me. :P But now when I'm home alone here and don't have any dogs no more, I do feel pretty lonely, unlike before when I did have dogs and I would always come outta my room and feed and play with my dogs, and hell, even talk to them.

• Like 1

I love both equally. Dogs are very loyal and playful and are always there to comfort you when you're feeling down. Cats keep their distance a bit, but I'd say that all the cats I've been around are just as playful and cuddly as the dogs are.

Just last year we had to put down both our dog and cat of 13 years. Couldn't have asked for better animals. They were like family.

• Like 1

Dogs.  I'm allergic to cats, but that's not the reason, I think I would still choose dogs.  xD  This is my dog, he's a Siberian Husky, probably one of the most stubborn breeds out there but I have this one trained well.  He also thinks he's a cat sometimes.. does cat-like things like walking along walls etc, so I guess I've got the best of both worlds with this dog? lol

11274343_885978438132610_1812386702_n.jp

Beautiful Husky  <3

I'm more of a "both" Person, however I have owned cats for years as I haven't been in a suitable situation to own another dog. My cat requires a good 10 minutes of play time every night, she is at the front gate waiting for me every night, she sits with me all the time. In my experience, I can honestly say the difference between being a guardian for a dog or a cat isn't that huge. Unless you've had your animal as a puppy or kitten, their lives and behavior might be completely different from what you'd see as ideal, a cat may seem to misbehave, you can't control a cat like you can a dog. I've had one cat that liked to come shopping with me, I've had 1 dog that used to attack my friends, both shelter cases.