Are You A Cat Or A Dog Person?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Are You A Cat Or A Dog Person?

• Cat
    • Dog
    • Both
    • Neither

57237343.jpg

But really, I have grown up with cats and I adore them. I was a total cat lady... That was until the beginning of this year when I got my first dog (a Jack Russell pup). The love she shows me on a daily basis is just the most beautiful thing and I could never go back to a dogless life now. Both animals have different qualities and it really depends what you look for in a companion. I personally love the contrast of having a slightly crazy super happy dog that loves being with me and a cat that is a total badass that spends most of her time in a cardboard box and I have to prove myself worthy of her attention. :lol: You can't beat a cat's purr or a dog's excited tail swishing, they're both perfect in their own way.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I tend to have no preference, tbh, but when it comes to having them as pets, typically dogs. But that's because I am, unfortunately, allergic to cats. When I was younger and would go stay at my grandma's for the weekend, her cat she had would always sleep with me and lay in my lap and would love to cuddle into me whenever I was there. She was an awesome cat! The only thing that sucked was the severe amounts of sneezing, itching, redness, hives, etc. that came with it haha.

I have a dog now, my girlfriend and I took her in 7 years ago due to her previous owners having conflicting decisions about the dog. The husband was very abusive (so much so that the dog is permanently traumatized and scared of anything that moves, and is also unable to even see out of one of her eyes), and the wife wanting to put her to sleep because she was "too much work." Thankfully, the same grandma I mentioned caught wind of it and laid the smackdown on that couple. My grandma is the biggest animal lover in the world. She has anywhere from 4-8 pets at all times. She knew I wanted a dog around then, and she made the transfer for us.

The owners did not want any money or anything for the dog. All they wanted was to never be contacted about the dog ever again.... SOB's.

Edited by DPtheGod

Neither really, I'm more of a bird/fish person.

Dogs are extremely clingy and needy, I can't deal with the social anxiety most of them have or the chewing, whining and howling. You can't leave a dog for a few hours without it going mental.

Cats stand on everything. Food, clean clothes, windowsill, bookshelf. If something is on a shelf they will make it their life's mission to knock it off.

On the other hand:

Trained dogs are cool and pleasant, they're eager to please and love to help you do stuff.

Cats purring is rather relaxing and every cat I've owned has been extremely affectionate, even if it was just in old age sometimes.

The only animals I've known to be truely loyal though are birds.

In the end, I'd rather just have a tidy house.