Goro

Are You A Cat Or A Dog Person?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Are You A Cat Or A Dog Person?

• Cat
    • Dog
    • Both
    • Neither

I use to be a dog person but after having my nose bit by a dog and having it hang off my face. It pretty much puts me on edge having a dog around me now :P. But I prefer cats these days.

Edited by Mizz

I much prefer cats. They're more self sufficient and easier to take care of, they have boundaries, they're generally pretty clean and they provide a sense of comfort without really needing to do much other than just being their cat selves.

Not to throw shade on dogs or people who prefer dogs, but I have my reservations about dogs: they can be dangerous, they often require far more attention than cats do, they're often more messy than cats, and perhaps worst of all are the few dog owners that just let their dogs roam free off a leash out in public, then have the audacity to claim "dOn'T woRRy, hE's FriEnDly!" when their misbehaved mutt steals your sandwich or jumps up to you getting your clothes all muddy/dirty. I've seen "friendly" dogs like this even attack children and other dogs, one to the point of copious amounts of blood and eventual death before, which was pretty traumatic for 12 year old me, to say the least (it was another dog that was killed, not a child). I hate the irresponsibility of some dog owners over dogs themselves. I know many dog owners ARE responsible, but it has made me avoid going to certain parks in the past because of a select few people and their dogs.

There's definitely some downsides to cats as well though, at least my cats, they tend to shed copious amounts of fur, and occasionally throw up hairballs. I know some people have also had "psycho" cats that seem to enjoy scratching and biting their owners for no apparent reason, but thankfully I've never had cats like that. As long as you respect the cat, they respect you, at least in my experience.

• Like 1