Upcoming DLC "The Wolf Pack"

Malik

The upcoming DLC. "The Wolf Pack" DLC have been teased :) And it will come Late May or early June according to OverkillSoftware

I´ll quote:

It looks like the PAYDAY has gotten an update to the Steam version and with it is a tease of the upcoming DLC. The “Wolf Pack DLC” will feature Wolf’s personal stash of guns and gear plus 2 additional heists.

Here is what you gain access to with the DLC:

• 2 “epic” new heists (Counterfeit and Undercover)
  • New Technician skill tree
  • 3 new weapons (ak47, grenade launcher, one other)
  • New Crew Bonus
  • New Player Upgrades
  • Deployable Sentry gun
  • Raised Level Cap

http://www.psnstores...eist-dlc-tease/

qquwef.jpg

• Like 2

I saw this in the .org forum this morning. It looks true enough, but I haven't seen anything on the Steam forums. There has been another patch for the pc though and according to OK the dlc isn't supposed to be far behind that. Has there been a recent patch for the PS3?

Haven't been on my PS3 in days because of work. :(

I really wanted to enjoy the demo for the game (and I did, for the most part) but something kept striking me as odd when I was playing. I feel that the way the game controls is more suited to mouse and keyboard than a controller, just because I couldn't find a sensitivity that felt really smooth to me. Unless it was meant to be like that, kinda like Killzone 2.

Still, I had an absolute blast in the demo when I joined 3 other players instead of just having A.I partners, and I'm sure that is where this game shines, the online co-op. I still can't decide if I want to pick it up or not.

Parker

I saw this in the .org forum this morning. It looks true enough, but I haven't seen anything on the Steam forums. There has been another patch for the pc though and according to OK the dlc isn't supposed to be far behind that. Has there been a recent patch for the PS3?

Haven't been on my PS3 in days because of work. :(

Not been on ps3 all day neither, will check later tho

http://www.overkills...com/?page_id=72 -

Patch 7 released! for pc

PS3's equivalent is patch 1.03 and it will be released in conjunction with the DLC.

I played the Demo, and IMO Payday just did not live up to the hype. I wonder if this DLC can drag my interest back into the game? Probably not, but yah never know!

The demo pretty much pulled me in. It isn't as refined a game as CoD or maybe Battlefield, but I enjoyed it just as much at 1/3 the price. The big thing for me is that this is something different than the same old military fps. The demo did have some drawbacks as this is a team based game and, imo, not worth playing with the AI.

If you do decide to try Payday out, try to get a group of regulars to play with. It'd be great to get a team of friends before you start, but I found easy to find friends as I went along. I thought Payday's online community was one of the most helpful I've ever found. In all the time I've been playing it, I haven't once heard a thirteen year old screaming at the top of his lungs. Idk.....maybe they're all playing CoD.

Edit: There will be trophies with the dlc. :holy:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Overkill_tm/status/202757661450706945

@ Parker, you are correct sir. This game does indeed shine in co-op and I agree that it did feel klunky like KZ2. Guess I just got used to it.

The demo pretty much pulled me in. It isn't as refined a game as CoD or maybe Battlefield, but I enjoyed it just as much at 1/3 the price. The big thing for me is that this is something different than the same old military fps. The demo did have some drawbacks as this is a team based game and, imo, not worth playing with the AI.

If you do decide to try Payday out, try to get a group of regulars to play with. It'd be great to get a team of friends before you start, but I found easy to find friends as I went along. I thought Payday's online community was one of the most helpful I've ever found. In all the time I've been playing it, I haven't once heard a thirteen year old screaming at the top of his lungs. Idk.....maybe they're all playing CoD.

Edit: There will be trophies with the dlc. :holy:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Overkill_tm/status/202757661450706945

@ Parker, you are correct sir. This game does indeed shine in co-op and I agree that it did feel klunky like KZ2. Guess I just got used to it.

They probably are on COD :P . I think COD would get less hate if there was a thing such as sensible parents that did not allow their impressionable and seemingly emotionaly unstable children play a violent and fast-paced M rated FPS. lol I love COD, but I hate hearing those little brats, at the same time it feels great to hear them cuss at me as my skill is superior to their noobish ways :awesome:

• Like 1

It appears that there are 3 new heists coming, one free for everyone and the other 2 as part of the Wolf Pack.

The 2 heists in the Wolf Pack can be played by anyone as long as the host has the Pack.

However if you don't have the pack, you wont get access to Wolf's weapons or the new skill tree, and I am not sure if you will have access to the trophies without owning the DLC....

Seemingly the DLC is to be priced around $5 on Steam so expect it to be more like $8 on PSN.

Allegedly!

It appears that there are 3 new heists coming, one free for everyone and the other 2 as part of the Wolf Pack.

The 2 heists in the Wolf Pack can be played by anyone as long as the host has the Pack.

However if you don't have the pack, you wont get access to Wolf's weapons or the new skill tree, and I am not sure if you will have access to the trophies without owning the DLC....

Seemingly the DLC is to be priced around $5 on Steam so expect it to be more like $8 on PSN.

Allegedly!

Where'd you get the info from, Rory?

I was stuck in traffic for 3 hrs today and I sat and went through just about every Payday related link that I could find - steam, various PC forums, tw@ter feeds - and put all that I found together in on simple post after I took all the clearly bollocks stuff out if it.

And then ended it with allegedly

I have no idea if it is right but its the most condensed of all the shit out there. Several PC forums are quoting around $5 for the dlc (well $4.59 up) and then saying that Steam gets better discounts so PC users will get cheaper than PS3 by as much as 40%

So thats were the $8 for PS3 comes from.

could all be balls. could all be the truth.

And since the internet is full of shit, well I figured that I would condense it all for those that didnt have 3 hours to sit motionless because some muppet though they could pull out in front of a lorry on a motorway.

get a group of regulars to play with. It'd be great to get a team of friends before you start,

Can't wait to play this with the bunch of you :)

I was stuck in traffic for 3 hrs today and I sat and went through just about every Payday related link that I could find - steam, various PC forums, tw@ter feeds - and put all that I found together in on simple post after I took all the clearly bollocks stuff out if it.

And then ended it with allegedly

I have no idea if it is right but its the most condensed of all the shit out there. Several PC forums are quoting around $5 for the dlc (well $4.59 up) and then saying that Steam gets better discounts so PC users will get cheaper than PS3 by as much as 40%

So thats were the $8 for PS3 comes from.

yeah saw similar things around the net rory, so you might be right :)

But hey guys, can we try going for Gold masks this weekend (today, tomorrow or sunday) or next week ? because i´ve read that Overkill will be patching some glitches that made Heat street (one guys stands at the embassy) and Green Bridge (scaffolding glitch, that makes fewer cops spawn while using the saws) alot easier.

:) what do you say ?

Yah I can do it this weekend. Set up a gaming session or something to orient us all, Rowdi :P

I can't really tie down a time that I can dedicate to Payday this weekend. Can we do afternoonish on Monday? I can meet up around 2:00 pm (-5 gmt) or after for the whole week.

I can't really tie down a time that I can dedicate to Payday this weekend. Can we do afternoonish on Monday? I can meet up around 2:00 pm (-5 gmt) or after for the whole week.

10 am ! ouch, nope can´t do it :/ have college

Wow I'll definitely be getting this! :) Despite having only just got the game I'm already hooked!

Yeah, it's the most addictive game that I've played in a while.

Overkill has been slow as hell with this dlc. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see it until mid or late June.

Overkill has been slow as hell with this dlc. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see it until mid or late June.

I hope not

Can't wait to play this with the bunch of you :)

seems like the trophies have been exposed

2uh4e2p.png

Edited by maliksen
  • Like 1