Recommend a PS4 Game (New PS4 Owners Look Here)

Parker

Definitely agree with The Witcher. I'd also recommend Dragon Age Inquisition and Bloodborne. I'm not sure if I have to write a summary too, if so please let me know.

You don't have to write a summary if you don't want. A little snippet of why you enjoyed the games you recommend and possibly some gameplay is definitely encouraged though.  B)

Parker

I'll throw out a somewhat unpopular one...

The Evil Within

I have it on PS4, but I played through it on the PC.  The game has it's flaws, no denying that.  The story is overly complicated, the controls can be clunky, the letterboxing alongside a limited FOV is a boggling development decision.  Some bosses are downright unfair.  That being said, the visuals are brilliantly grotesque and it's probably the closest the "survival action horror" genre has gotten to the greatness of Resident Evil 4... since, well... Resident Evil 4.  Other than maybe like Dead Space.

Also have to give Tango and Bethesda some credit.  While the base game was more action, the DLC is definitely experimenting with heavier stealth gameplay elements and the latest even with first person gameplay as the Keeper.  They aren't afraid to play with the formula... and to a certain extent, I actually enjoyed the DLC more than the base game.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn
  • Like 3

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

The game's getting it's first expansion soon enough and I'll just say this, it is huge, I have spent I dunno how many hours on it (I'm sure I'm nearing 2000 hours or at it), so yea, if you can afford the subscription fee it's well worth the go.  I recommend just waiting until HW is released and get the bundle version since that be the cheapest way to get the game.  Can also use Keyboard/Mouse so there is no real limitations to playing this on console rather than PC.

Pros:

• Awesome game.
  • Good online community.
  • Can play on any Data Center (JP, NA or EU)

Cons:

• Say goodbye to playing other games.
  • Like 2

1. Mortal Kombat X

I fucking love this game. Beautiful graphics, a great roster, excellent and varied gameplay, and fun online come together to create the best Mortal Kombat game yet. You can read my review here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/MORTAL-KOMBAT-X-Review/td-p/45108386

2. The Last of Us Remastered

The original PS3 game was amazing, but it's even better on the PS4. It comes packaged with all the DLC and absolutely gorgeous graphics.

3. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition

One of the few co-op experiences I legitimately enjoyed to the fullest on the PS3. I haven't played much on the PS4, but that's because I still have so much on the PS3 to squeeze out of this game. 

You can read my dual review of both The Last of Us and D3:RoS here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/The-Last-of-Us-Remastered-and-Diablo-III-Reaper-of-Souls-Review/m-p/44815472

4. inFAMOUS: Second Son

Not my favorite inFAMOUS game, but a great game nonetheless, and a worthy addition to the inFAMOUS franchise.

5. Killzone: Shadow Fall

Epic online, a fun campaign, Guerrilla's staple FPS returns and blasts everything out of the water.

• Like 2

If you haven't played Final Fantasy 10, you can pick it up the HD version on PS4. It's a brilliant RPG with TONS of content and a fabulous battle system.

Rayman Legends is a fantastic platformer and really underrated IMO. It has a ton of charm and originality, which is rather hard to come by these days. The daily challenges are an absolute blast to play and learn.

Witcher 3 I have heard is incredible, one of the must-have RPGs of this generation, with huge scope and and a beautiful world so definitely look into that if you are even remotely interested.

Anyway there are a ton of other games that might peak your interest but those 3 are ones I personally would recommend  ;)

• Like 1

I know it's been said a lot, but I definitely recommend The Witcher 3. It is the best PS4 game I've played so far.

I love the characters, the combat is easy to pick up, and the card game is great. Not to mention the free DLC lined up.

Edited by -Dark Mark-

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - This is a great game and is also the first game I "Platinumed". I Particularly enjoyed roaming around the massive Manhattan HUB looking for collectibles after completing all levels in Story Mode & Free Play (which were also enjoyable). An all round entertaining game...apart from the flying controls! (9/10)

LEGO The Hobbit - Again, another LEGO game (and my second platinum trophy) but just that little bit better than LEGO Marvel Super Heroes in my honest opinion. A tad more challenging when it comes to finding all the collectibles in the HUB (MIddle Earth). I struggle to find anything wrong with the game personally. (10/10)

FIFA 15 - This yearly installment of the FIFA series is probably the best yet (before FIFA 16 comes out!) There's hardly any point in getting it now the season has finished to be honest, but if you're a trophy hunter, get it. Gameplay slightly improved from FIFA 14. Otherwise, a great game. (9/10)

Those are just some of the games i'd recommend. Will post again soon with more

Over & Out

Tales from the Borderlands - the best of the Tell Tale games adventures by a distance.  Episode release is pretty slow but it's worth it.

Hand Of Fate - Something totally different to most other games out there.  Collectible card, tabletop game with a brawler built in for the combat.  It's a cruel, cruel, evil game that I can't get enough of.

Assassins Creed Black Flag - the Assassins games have drifted a bit but this one is the pinnacle.... because pirates!  Best enjoyed in shiny shiny latest gen.

Infamous 1st Light - Great taster for the series, try it before second son

And The Last of Us, because awesomeness.

• Like 2

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - After 100 hours of playtime, I managed to reach the end of the Witcher 3. I can say that CD Projekt Red has successfully created Geralt's most interesting and personal story yet, while managing to weave it into the overarching world. The Witcher 3 doesn't get boring in the second half like some RPGs, in fact some might argue that it gets better! The world is absolutely beautiful, the characters are all unique and interesting (With insane facial animation, achieved without motion capture!) and even the side quests feel like well designed short stories, instead of soul-less fetch missions. Every choice has it's consequence, and even what seems like the right choice could have a devastating impact on certain characters or even whole communities. As of June 1st 2015, The Witcher 3 is my Game of the Year. 

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - While Assassin's Creed has gotten overly confusing and complicated in the past, Black Flag does away with most of the modern day plots and secret wars, infact Edward Kenway, the games protagonist, isn't even an Assassin for most of the game! Mingling with famous pirates such as Blackbeard and Captain Kidd, you can explore the Caribbean during the Golden Age of piracy. Sink or Board whatever ship strikes your fancy, and you can use the resources it was carrying to upgrade your own ship with more cannons, more hull plating, even a incredibly powerful Ram! So while there is a story going on somewhere, Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag deserves a purchase purely for the pirate experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Saints Row Re-elected with the Gat out of Hell stand alone game. You'll get a minimum of 60hrs game time between them and have a bloody good time doing it, all for a very good price!. Assassin's Creed Black Flag as well. Who doesn't like being a pirate! :yay: arrrr!

• 2 weeks later...

Rocket League.  20 dollar game.  200+ hours of gameplay.  Enough said.

First MUST HAVE multiplayer romp on next gen, in my humblest of opinions.

EDIT: It's the equivalent to a Warhawk PS3, the first crowned gem that will last as long as the system itself.

Edited by TruSolja

@Parker:

Thanks was thinking of buying Project Cars, will definitly buy now.

Agree with Goekie:Dying Light just awesome, game is from the same devs as dead island but dont let that stop you this game is good.

The Order 1886, came as a bundle to my ps4 game is nice good story, bit short but if you need some easy trophys this game will give it.

inFamous First Light and inFamous Second Son both great games.

RPG: The Witcher 3

Sports: Fifa 15

FPS: CoD Advanced Warfare and Killzone Shadowfall

Action/Adventure: Far Cry 4 and Shadow of Mordor

Fight: Mortal Kombat X

Games that i played and had fun( but I wont put them as Essentials)

Sniper Elite 3

Metro Redux

Infamous First Light

Battlefield Hardline

All of the above I recomend!

Edited by daniel_flavia

Akib'a Trip Undead and Undressed - dont let the name distract you the game is TONS of FUN

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - not quite as good as Witcher but still great none the less

Witcher 3 Complete Edition - One of the best games this gen so far

Axiom Verge - Metroid Homage at it's finest

Guacamelee - Metroid Syle Luchador fun

Strider - Metroid style ninja fun

Gundam Breaker 3 Break Edition (import only) - "GotY" edition with all the add-on it is practically 2 games in 1

Darksiders WarMastered Edition - enhanced re-release from PS3

Darksider 2 Deathinitive Edition - Includes all the "dlc" from the PS3 edition and Part 3 should be out next year.

Resident Evil Origins - Enhanced port of the REmake and 0 from Gamecube

Resident Evil Revelations (Both 1 and 2) - ports of the PS3 games so if you missed out

Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen - PS3 port but one of the Best games last gen

Transformers Devastation - Generation 1 style Transformers

Tales of Berseria - If you are an RPG fan and like the Tales series this one is up there for me.

Final Fantasy Type 0 - a PSP port I really enjoyed it more than the main line FF games that have come out recently

Accel World vs. Sword Art Online - Action RPG with flight mechanics lots of Fun

Ocean Horn - Fun little Zelda style game

Shadow Complex Remastered - Metroid style but in a modern setting instead of futuristic or medieval.

Nier Automata - set in the same universe as Drakenguard

Berserk and the Band of the Hawk - Not a Warriors fan myself but this one is worth playing, does not have a lot of playable characters but it does not really need many.

Edited by DarkHarmonixer