Recommend a PS4 Game (New PS4 Owners Look Here)

Parker

On 5/7/2019 at 11:45 PM, SelectiveGamer said:

I'm really sorry but I'm looking for a recommendation. Not giving one. I hope it's okay to post something like that here and I don't want to try making a completely new topic. I just had to necro-post in the thread for it after searching for it. 1f613.png

I just came across Biomutant and I read it's information on Wikipedia as well as watching some gameplay. Admittedly, for me, the game looked pretty good and interesting. The best way for me to describe it, is that it's like what would happen if Ratchet & Clank and Final Fantasy XV performed video game fusion. But I'm still a bit unsure.

Should I get it? Help? 1f630.png

Wait for reviews from both critics and fellow gamers here. :angel:

Biomutant also interests me. But, I have one strict principle for games: never preorder.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on one's taste:

Difficult and fulfilling exploration and combat:

Dark Souls III has been one of the most rewarding games I've played.

Bloodborne is also fantastic. Fast and fluent combat with amazing exploration.

If you are more of a laid back, story-focused kind of player:

Horizon Zero Dawn is hands down one of the best games on PS4 currently.

God of War is right up there with Horizon (side by side). If God of War interest you, however, I would begin with the original top down games which I believe are in a collection?

Hope this helps!

Stay Frosty.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I thought I made a post in here but cannot find it, so here is what I would suggest in no particular order:

Witcher 3 Complete Edition

Darksiders 3 - after all the upgrades they made it really made a difference

Bloodstained - but they need to STOP nerfing everything in the game

Battle Chasers: Nightwar

Legend of Heroes: Trials of Cold Steel

Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year

Transformers Devastation

Salt and Sanctuary

Axiom Verge

Akiba's Trip[ Undead and Undressed

Gundam Breaker 3 Break Edition

Bloodborne

Dragon Quest

Nier Automata

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Deadbolt - If you want a true challenge harder than Celeste and Hollow Knight combined, this is a must-recommended. Highly underrated game made by the same guys who made Risk of Rain 1 + 2. I 100% it on PC and I'll try to Plat it, but it will require a laborious amount of practice of avoiding enemy attacks, since you will be killed in only one hit from any attack.

Edited by BadRep24

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5, Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and Kingdom Hearts 3

MegaMan 11

MegaMan X Legacy Collections 1 and 2

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory

Digimon World Next Order (If you don't mind the huge grind for the platinum)

World of Final Fantasy

Dragon Quest XI

So many JRPGs and classic Japanese games that I can't name of right now.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Since people might be coming here from the Netflix show and wondering why The Witcher 3 is both "must play" lists and "avoid" lists...

Leave the starting area (White Orchard) as soon as you have the option. The game starts pretty slow, and if you hang around there going to every map icon it'll seem super boring, and that's where a lot of people bounce off it. Get into the main map and the game _really_ opens up, and becomes one of the best of the generation.

Edit: I guess I'll add my own

The Witcher 3

The Last of Us

God of War

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Marvel's Spider-Man (Don't forget the hyphen!)

Uncharted 2-4 & Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (you can skip 1 if you want, it's the weakest of the series)

Bloodborne

The Outer Wilds

Hollow Knight

DOOM

And a special mention for NieR: Automata - It's not the best game of the generation, but it is by far the most unique and one of the most weirdly effecting and emotional. Don't play it if you're not into that kind of game.

Edited by PhyrxianLibrarin
  • Like 1

Recommended:

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Metro Exodus

Days Gone

Need For Speed: Payback

Need For Speed (2015)

Marvel's Spider-Man

Far Cry 5

Far Cry: New Dawn

God of War

Devil May Cry 5

Plague Inc. Evolved

Never Play:

Adam's Venture: Origins

DEADBOLT

Edited by BadRep24

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2015 at 6:22 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

Definitely agree with The Witcher. I'd recommend the following games:

Dragon Age Inquisition

This game can easily keep you busy for 100 hours. Play as a warrior, rogue, or mage and explore an open world game with stunning graphics. Fight battles against dragons, capture fortresses, send demons back to their realm and stop an ancient evil from achieving godhood. You can make decisions during the game that will affect the world state and it's also possible to import decisions from the previous games. The regions are diverse, the lore is expanded a lot, and there are some very interesting revelations.

Gameplay:

Bloodborne

If you've played Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, or Dark Souls II before, than this will feel very similar. Bloodborne is like a Souls game in a Van Helsing setting with a few differences: the combat is a lot more faster, weapons have a secondary form, there are no shields, dodging is now a lot more important, you can use guns, and damaging enemies restores a part of your health that you lost. In Bloodborne you will die... a lot. But the game revolves around trial and error. Experiment to see which strategies work against which enemies and fight epic battles against bosses. That feeling of accomplishment when you finally defeat a boss who has been killing you for the past 10 times is amazing.

Gameplay:

FondMassiveHawk-max-1mb.gif

I would not recommend these two because both can be difficult.

Edited by SantaMonicaZero
More Context

• 4 weeks later...

I am not new, but had a lot of time without playing video games.

I own a many games, but lost like a year of new releases; could someone recommend me some good releases from last year until today? I own Crash Team Racing, Resident Evil 2, God of War, Soul Calibur VI, Final Fantasy VII (can't wait to try it haha); and I think those are my "newest" releases purchases.

I am interested on Dragon Ball Z Kakarot, Days Gone to mention a few, and I enjoy most game types.

3 hours ago, lpgcavazos said:

could someone recommend me some good releases from last year until today?

Resident Evil 2

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Devil May Cry 5

The Outer Worlds

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

The Division 2

A Plague Tale

Concrete Genie

Far Cry New Dawn

Anthem

Kingdom Hearts 3

Doom Eternal

Nioh 2

There’s plenty games that are also amazing before 2019, make sure to check that list out too. :) Anthem got a lot of bad reviews but personally I enjoyed it, they fixed the majority of the bugs, in fact I didn’t have issues with the game at all and the game to me looked great, the world is beautiful to explore. My standards aren’t so high when it comes to this stuff.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 2:04 PM, LoveInHell said:

Resident Evil 2

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Devil May Cry 5

The Outer Worlds

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

The Division 2

A Plague Tale

Concrete Genie

Far Cry New Dawn

Anthem

Kingdom Hearts 3

Doom Eternal

Nioh 2

There’s plenty games that are also amazing before 2019, make sure to check that list out too. :) Anthem got a lot of bad reviews but personally I enjoyed it, they fixed the majority of the bugs, in fact I didn’t have issues with the game at all and the game to me looked great, the world is beautiful to explore. My standards aren’t so high when it comes to this stuff.

Thank you! :) Resident Evil 2 it's very addicting. I am gonna check them out. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd recommend a personal favorite. Knack! It's a good game to show what a new PS4 can do graphically and performance wise with these options on the Pro. The game is fun and cute. Family Friendly with co-op so anyone can enjoy. It also can be very hard to master on higher difficulties. The story is regarded as ok and the characters as well. And Knack 2, if you like it enough!

giphy.gif

On 2020-03-15 at 7:15 PM, SantaMonicaZero said:

FondMassiveHawk-max-1mb.gif

I would not recommend these two because both can be difficult.

Difficulty is not necessarily a bad thing! Both Bloodborne and DA:I (Nightmare mode) are indeed challenging, but incredibly satisfying games. Both are among the best action-RPGs available on PS4 so don’t miss out!