Recommend a PS4 Game (New PS4 Owners Look Here)

Parker

On 4/20/2020 at 10:37 AM, dieselmanchild said:

Difficulty is not necessarily a bad thing! Both Bloodborne and DA:I (Nightmare mode) are indeed challenging, but incredibly satisfying games. Both are among the best action-RPGs available on PS4 so don’t miss out!

shmY8T.gif

wow. I didn't miss out.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, everyone! I've played tons of games, some I platinumed, some I've just completed, and some I've dropped without being hooked, and now I feel emptied because I have no idea what game to play and I'm just messing some mud in Snowrunner. Would appreciate some advises on the must play games I may have missed.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure a few of these have been mention. So if they have, just consider that I am seconding their original nomination (or third/ fourth/ fifth/ whatever).

Uncharted series remaster - If you have never played this then you have no idea what you are missing. One of the best games on the PlayStation

AC: Odyssey - surprisingly good. The AC series fell of the map for me when it became to repetitive (with the exception of Black Flag which is their Masterpiece) but this one was actually very good. However, the DLC was terrible and a huge waste of money.

Stardew Valley - this is a little off the radar for most but its a simple and fun game. I actually really enjoyed it.

Railway Empire - if you like strategy games or trains, this game is for you. It is a lot of fun and I have enjoyed playing it well after the platinum.

Coffin Dodger - if you like Mario Kart, this game is for you. Its a lot of fun and super easy to platinum. As long as you don't take it to serious. 

Disclaimer, I left out all the usual's that we all know are great like Fallout, Skyrim, GTA, RDR2, Last of Us, etc. etc. In my opinion Uncharted should be on this list but just the other day I spoke to someone who never played it because they just started playing on the PlayStation a couple years back and didn't want to start a game series in the middle.

For casual playthrough I'd recommend Darksiders series, they not necessary challenging but fun to play and explore. Some players didn't like 3rd game, but it's not a bad game either, I quite enjoyed it even with all it flaws. :)

Yakuza 0 is a good game to start playing Yakuza franchise, also one of the best stories in series. Highly recommend it.

If you want to play something with friend try Sniper Elite 4; even though this game is not for everyone it has some variety to play it: you can go stealth if that's your thing, or you can run'n'gun your way through. Authentic plus difficulty is quite fun and not so hard with a friend as well. (That's said, I'd recommend not to start immediately with Authentic difficulty) 

• Like 1

Seconding Yakuza 0, probably the best game on the PS4. If you're a fan of strategy games, I reccomend Disgaea as a series - the first or fourth games if you enjoy story with very decent gameplay, or 5 if you just want amazing gameplay with a so-so story.

If i was new to ps4, and wanted a stack of games, i would choose :

GTA V - No way around it. Just a great game.

DBZ Kakarot - An amazing game, just the DB game i've always dreamed of. A little bit free roam and RPG feeling, a simple fighting system, simple upgrading/power ups and a bonus (community boards) system that is easy to learn but hard to master. The graphics are nice too. Just a good game.

South Park The Fractured But Whole - Just a funny game.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Again, just a great game.

There are a lot more good games, but these are the ones i would buy first, if i had to start again.

• Like 2

Have a desire in mind, of a shooter game. But not usual one, something like hardcore and realistic approach on everything military. Many might don't remember, there was a game called Operation Flashpoint. The key moments was like unforgiving experience, like if you get shot in a leg, you no more can walk, but still can finish a mission. Also there was a lot of tech available, and this all worked in semi-simulator modes - jets, tanks, helicopters and even different artillery. Is there any game like that on PS4? Serious approach on a war game? Helicopters are must have, if not jets:). 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sundered. A beautifully hand-drawn Eldritch horror Metroidvania game with rogue-like dungeons. The game has set locations and bosses but the pathway to them changes every time you return to the main hub, but death does not take away anything aside from progress through a level. It has three branching paths of upgrades for three possible playthroughs (or 1 is you want to earn the plat through a cloud save exploit). The enemies mob you at different intervals and can cause for some fun and trickery, kinetic combat sequences, and the upgrades you earn feel like you've been rewarded with something every time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Looking for a recommendation. 

I absolutely love Final Fantasy Tactics. Love it. It literally tickles everyone of my fancies and I recently-ish played Fell Seal and it did a great job of scratching the same itch. Like a crackhead though, I'm looking for another fix. Anyone know of any games on PS4 that are similar (job class, grid system, fantasy world, etc.)?

I'm also highly interested in any game like Azure Dreams (also PS1 game). Town building, monster collecting, and dating sim strangely enough lol. If any old-timers played the game and have ever run across something similar, I'm very interested. 

1 hour ago, iamthedotcom said:

Looking for a recommendation. 

I absolutely love Final Fantasy Tactics. Love it. It literally tickles everyone of my fancies and I recently-ish played Fell Seal and it did a great job of scratching the same itch. Like a crackhead though, I'm looking for another fix. Anyone know of any games on PS4 that are similar (job class, grid system, fantasy world, etc.)?

I see you've played Disgaea 3, but maybe the remaster of the original would be worth checking out. I was very into FFT back in the day (even have a partially finished guide on GameFAQS from years and years ago, haha), and I loved Disgaea when it was first released.

Of course this assumes you haven't also already played the original.

Edit: I see you also don't have any XCOM games on your list. Not sure those will be your cup of tea, but as it looks like we have pretty similar tastes I HIGHLY recommend you take a look at them. Sci-fi setting rather than fantasy, but good class system (although not as diverse as FFT) and fantastic turn based strategy layer. Probably my favorite games ever.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RNumbers said:

I see you've played Disgaea 3, but maybe the remaster of the original would be worth checking out. I was very into FFT back in the day (even have a partially finished guide on GameFAQS from years and years ago, haha), and I loved Disgaea when it was first released.

Of course this assumes you haven't also already played the original.

Edit: I see you also don't have any XCOM games on your list. Not sure those will be your cup of tea, but as it looks like we have pretty similar tastes I HIGHLY recommend you take a look at them. Sci-fi setting rather than fantasy, but good class system (although not as diverse as FFT) and fantastic turn based strategy layer. Probably my favorite games ever.

Thanks for the recommendations! I kind of forgot about the Disgaea series, and while I've heard of XCOM, I've never seen anything about it. I'll check out some gameplay on youtube. If it can scratch that FFT itch, I'm in!