Recommend a PS4 Game (New PS4 Owners Look Here)

Parker

Borderlands the hansome collection

you get borderlands 2 and the pre sequel games plus all their dlc content for the price of one game,great value for money 

great re playability.ive put in over 100 hours just in borderlands 2 

Witcher 3

a game of the year contender,good story,loads of side quests and good free dlc content

telltale:game of thrones and tales from the borderlands

2 very good story based games,ive always liked the games telltale have put out but the fact you can be waiting 2 months or more for each episode can be annoying

I'm going to say two games here. I got my PS4 at the midnight launch, but I built a PC a few months later and got really hooked onto that. I still have a PS4 game collection though.

I have to say Batman: Arkaham Knight has been very impressive from what I have played so far. The game takes great things from the older Batman games and refines them. It also adds some new features that make the game even more exciting. Like the Batmobile! 

I also enjoyed Battlefield 4. This game was a soup sandwich when it first released. I put up with it because I am a fan of shooters, but it had a lot of problems. However, almost two years later and the game doesn't really have that many problems anymore. The game runs smoothly, and is a lot of fun if you enjoy first person shooters. 

Mine would be:

Fighter: Mortal Kombat X

Pros: A very good fighter game and worthy successor of the re-boot. Visuals are amazing and the gameplay is fluid as ever.

Cons: Very short Story mode this time round, but a good one nonetheless.

FPS: Dying Light

Pros: Fluid gameplay and a a great spin-off of the Dead Island series, tons to do, enjoyable when playing with friends and weapons customization is rewarding after a few level ups.

Cons: Mediocre story.

I would also recommend PayDay 2 for anyone who hasn't played it on last gen consoles.

Open World: Batman Arkham Knight

Pros: Amazing story, huge improvement when it comes to gameplay in terms of gadgets and stability, Gotham looks absolutely beautiful and it's a Batman game.

Cons: The batmobile can be a bit too forced in the game, especially when it comes to Riddler Trophies around the map. (Not counting underground tracks)

I would also like to add Assassin's Creed Unity into this genre as well. Whilst is not as good as Arkham Knight in terms of story, Paris is beautiful to roam around in and there is a lot of stuff to do around each parts of the city.

Adventure: Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Pros: Story is interesting enough even for non LOTR fans, gameplay is enjoyable as I personally liked how it's a fusion of both Batman's style of combat mixed with Assassin's Creed. Also worth mentioning is the Nemesis System.

Cons: Can be a bit glitchy at times, even post-updates. 

Besides all the games mentioned above and beyond, there is also Driveclub. A really fun racing game that looks and sounds beautiful. It might not be the most realistic car game in terms of car damage and overall control but those are just minor nitpicks and doesn't take away from the overall enjoyment of the game.

If you'd really like to try out a racing game on PS4, play Driveclub. It's got lots of content and a really active online community.

I know that the game gets a lot of flak but that's only because it's one of best selling PS4 titles and people love to hate those kinds of games. Try the game out first and see if you love it. I was sceptic at first but after i popped the disc in, i was hooked.

Edited by Oblivion

Wolfenstein The New Order is a must have game for anyone who fancies a good FPS. Its also only costs about $20. It also has a great story mode. Its only disadvantage is its lack of Multiplayer. But it makes up in the excellence in its story mode. 

Rocket league and its free this month along with styx, but thus far I dislike Styx......

My PS+ quick plays...

I've started Styx and it's a decent freebie - about stealth.

I'd also recommend Infamous First Light and Infamous Second Son for someone who's just starting out on PS4. Neither game will crush your spirit in terms of trophies - the trophies are fun and achievable - both games have a strong (but not overly complicated) plot, provide a great environment to move around in and have a decent number of collectibles and skills. I'd also recommend The Last of Us. For me, it felt like it took a while to get going - you need to push through the first few levels to get the feel of it but it's as impressive and addictive as the reviews suggest.

I had a phenomenal time playing The Wolf Among Us. I felt as if the story was more captivating, compared to other telltale games. I can't wait to replay on the vita as well! I undoubtedly would recommend. 

That's great to hear. I will certainly play it on my Vita soon! 

I had a phenomenal time playing The Wolf Among Us. I felt as if the story was more captivating, compared to other telltale games. I can't wait to replay on the vita as well! I undoubtedly would recommend. 

That's great to hear. I will certainly play it on my Vita soon! 

While I normally jump at every chance to support Vita-chan, Wolfie is apparently pretty badly optimized on it...

As a replay, it would probably be okay, but I wouldn't suggest it as a first experience with the game.

Shadow Warrior is pretty epic, i just couldn't stop playing it until i finished it and also a guilty pleasure of mine Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition, the amount of extra content will make this game worth even if you already beated it (i got it to 100% on PC and cant stop playing it now) also Infamous Second Son is pretty awesome to bad its short

It has been mentioned already but I strongly put an emphasis on Bloodborne, it is just an amazing game.

For PS4 in all its glory, The Witcher 3.

For playing with friends, Destiny, in spite of the critics, the MP of this game is legit fun.

And honorable mention, I kind of enjoyed Resident Evil Revelations 2.