Recommend a PS4 Game (New PS4 Owners Look Here)

Parker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Witcher III - Absolute must have and a fantastic game that will steal your soul for months on end. The DLC is also a must.

Red Dead Redemption II - Second only to The Witcher III. It is a masterpiece, the story will suck you in and smash your feels at times. It will give you such an experience you'll have a hard time playing anything else.

Also recommend:

Infamous Second Son

Murdered Soul Suspect

Until Dawn

Fallout 4

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection 

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Driveclub Bikes

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Mass Effect Andromeda

Assassin's Creed Origins

Dishounoured Definitive Edition

Dishonoured 2

Detriot Become Human (especially if you liked Heavy Rain)

Marvel's Spider-Man + DLC

Assassin's Creed Odyssey + DLC

Hitman 2

Edited by Feral
More recommendations
  • Like 1

I know it just came out but Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. It's kind of my first true Metal Gear game (I don't really count the few hours I put into Ground Zeroes), and the gameplay is superb. It feels fantastic sneaking around taking out enemies and then sneaking back out without being seen. One of the best stealth games i've ever played. The only thing I recommend is watching some kind of walkthrough or recap of the series lore as it can help to know some backstory. But obviously only if you haven't played the others like me.

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is another great game. The story isn't half bad, and the combat is brutal (THOSE EXECUTIONS THO). Also the nemesis system is really fun to play around with. Plus the Game of the Year edition is 30$ on Amazon right now.

Axiom Verge is a very cool Metroidvania style game. I never finished it personally because I was trying to playthrough on hard and kept dying. But the few hours i've played were fantastic and fun.

The Witcher III: The Wild Hunt is by far the most beautiful open world game i've ever played. This RPG has a ton of content. Another game i've never finished but it was still fun and I need to get back to it sometime soon.

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection- Fantastic collection of two great games. One of the few games you can still play with couch co-op or online. Plus it comes with all of the DLC for both games, which are significant add-ons in their own right. It's been a little cheaper the last few weeks on Amazon. Even though it doesn't take the story too seriously, there are still some extremely laugh out loud moments.

Batman: Arkham Knight- A lot of people complained about the focus on the Batmobile, but I personally still loved the game. If you know Batman, the story twist can be easily guessed though. 

inFamous: Second Son- Not a very long game, but the gameplay is fun and the story is decent. Plus the trophies are generally straight-forward and easy to get. You can play this two ways also, Good or Evil. 

If you are a serious RPG junkie like I am here is one I highly recommend!

1) Dragon Age: Inquisition.

By FAR my most favorite game series of all time! I got around 107 hours playtime on just the base game! The story is by far one of the best yet and the combat is very strategy oriented (much to my disappointment due to no healing besides party shared potions.)

If you like really casual, laid-back, story-driven games, this one is for you!

2) Everybody's Gone To The Rapture.

I purchased this game on my birthday due to it catching my eye.....I am SO glad I got it! While it doesn't have very much replay value, it's story has kept me thinking about it for nearly a week after I played it! The voice acting is superb and the visuals had my jaw on the floor! Let's not forget the BEAUTIFUL soundtrack! The only downside is the very slow walking mechanic. But other than that, what an amazing experience!

Finally, if you love hack and slash, shoot and loot, and just about any game with zombies? This one is DEFINITELY for you!

3) Dying Light

A few things you should know, this game is pretty predictable when it comes to zombie games. Different types of zombies, the whole "cure" debate, and crafting. Now on to what adds to the game to make it so much fun! Parkour! This part of the game had me a bit on the fence but once I gave it a try and got use to the mechanics, it was a lot of fun! Also, for a zombie game, the story was actually good. (Unlike a certain zombie series I could mention. *cough* Dead Island *cough*)

Now there are a lot of games I could recommend, like the beautiful indie game Transistor with it's awesome soundtrack. Or the episodic, choice driven, mystery game Life Is Strange where every choice you make can effect a character or get you closer to the truth. Regardless, PS4 is coming out with a lot of great games in the future, but hopefully these will satisfy your gaming itch before those future games come out. ^.^

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...