Recommend a PS4 Game (New PS4 Owners Look Here)

Parker

For those who like AAA's mostly:

♦ The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - GOTY, enough said

♦ Mortal Kombat X - Best MK ever made IMO, if you like fighters you should try this for sure

♦ Wolfenstein: The New Order: FPS, great story and gameplay, but no multiplayer

♦ InFamous: Second Son - One of the most beautiful games on ps4, and the story/endings that depends on your choices (good/evil karma) are both perfect, one of the best ps exclusives

For those who also enjoy Indies:

♦ Dust: And Elysian Tail - RPG/Side scroller w/ Hack 'n Slash elements: One of the best indies I've ever played, very charismatic characters and great storyline

♦ Super Meat Boy! - For platformer lovers like me, a classic

♦ Rocket League - One of the best multiplayers 

♦ Hotline Miami - I like it because you can play it the way you like, choosing stealth or just shooting everybody, lots of fun and pretty difficult if you're going to the platinum

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

From my PS4 experience, from this account and my ALT account, i think that Bloodborne is my most enjoyable game to date. Even though i didn't play any of the Souls games, it made me want to, and i will be for sure. It's something new to many gamers, and a great PlayStation exclusive in my eyes! I've still to do a 100% play through on this account as i only got the Platinum on my other account, and i really can't wait to clear my back log to start it!

I defo agree with the Witcher, I've been playing it slowly and it is amazing! Depending what you played when you were younger/in the PS1 era I would really recommend Oddworld New and Tasty, it held a lot of nostalgia for me and the gameplay was really well transitioned from PS1 to PS4, it's actually easier than the PS1 version (I had to buy it on PS1 to check this, but some of the levels really do play a bit easier!) The Last of Us is really beautiful and I'd recommend it to anyone who loves zombie games!! I personally really enjoyed Dragon Age Inquisition too, but it isn't some people's cup of tea.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

InFamous: Second Son
A visually fantastic "superhero" open world action/adventure game with really fun writing. I also recommend First Light as a short, but sweet expansion that hits many of the same notes which makes Second Son great, with different flavors, plus an arcade score attack mode that can keep you occupied for hours.

Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below

Aside from having the best subtitle ever, it's a repetitive but fun action JRPG, packed with quirky charm.

• 2 weeks later...

Playstation Exclusives:

1 Bloodborne- Hands down in my opinion it's the best exclusive so far.

2 Infamous Second Son/First Light- Great open world game, also easy plat.

3 Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls/Until Dawn- Linear more story driven games for the people that like them.

4 The Lat of Us/Uncharted Collection- If you never played on PS3 and just got a PS4, there a must have.

AAA Titles:

1 The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt/Fallout 4- Two of the best RPGs so far this generation.

2 The Talos Principle- Who dosent love puzzle games!

3 Combo Packs(ex. Saints Row, Metro, and Borderlands)- Great thing to start of with, two for one.

4 FarCry 4/Primal- Fun open world games, that are a must play if you've never touched the series.

Indie Titles:

1 Rocket League- Hands down the best indie title on PS4 so far.

2 OlliOlli/ OlliOlli 2- Great skateboarding game with a huge difficulty curve.

3 Everybody's Gone To The Rapture/Eddith Finch- Exploratiin games with minimal distractions, they look amazing too.

4 Santa Monica Games(ex. Flower, Flow, and The Unfinished Swan)- Great small memorable titles that will stay with you forever.

If your one of the lucky people that just ended up getting a PS4 feel free to add me to play.

• Like 3

I just want to shout out for Sleeping dogs.

It might be a title that some people over look (due to it's name or game cover image) but seriously so far it has been amazing.

I think it is fair to summarise it as 'GTA set in far east'.

Currently it is still on sale on PSN too as part of the Easter sale for £7.99 which is incredible.

Battlefield Hardline is actually really enjoyable despite its mediocre review scores.

I enjoyed the story a lot, but the multiplayer I HATED. Keep in mind though that I enjoy CoD multiplayer, so maybe it just wasn't meant to be with me.

Dragon Fantasy Book 1 & 2 and Saturday Morning RPG. These are some good indies that have the old FF2 and Dragon Warrior feel to them; moreover, they add in hilarious dialogue and stories.

I'm glad I read a bit instead of just posting. Never played Saturday Morning, but Beat Dragon Fantasy Book I and playing Book II, pretty fun stuff!

Edited by Denvirus

I'm going to go outside the box

Sword Art Online Hollow Re:Fragment. This is an updated port of the vita release with a much improved localized script. You play as Kirito in an VRMMORPG that if you die in it, you die in real life. While the setting is in an MMO universe don't be fooled, it's a single player game (note: there is an online co-op mode that is a lot of fun with friends) One of the major cons is there is a lot of grinding involved if you want to do everything.

Onechanbara Z2 Chaos: While it's a shame we never received the first one localized, it doesn't detract from the enjoyment from chaos. While not a 60 dollar game in value, it has a lot of fun hack and slash zombie fighting elements and I'd recommend it if you can get it on the cheaper side.

Pier Solar: Fantastic retro styled rpg by watermelon that uses a very unique battle system and has some great music

Playstation Exclusives:

1 Bloodborne- Hands down in my opinion it's the best exclusive so far.

2 Infamous Second Son/First Light- Great open world game, also easy plat.

3 Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls/Until Dawn- Linear more story driven games for the people that like them.

4 The Lat of Us/Uncharted Collection- If you never played on PS3 and just got a PS4, there a must have.

AAA Titles:

1 The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt/Fallout 4- Two of the best RPGs so far this generation.

2 The Talos Principle- Who dosent love puzzle games!

3 Combo Packs(ex. Saints Row, Metro, and Borderlands)- Great thing to start of with, two for one.

4 FarCry 4/Primal- Fun open world games, that are a must play if you've never touched the series.

Indie Titles:

1 Rocket League- Hands down the best indie title on PS4 so far.

2 OlliOlli/ OlliOlli 2- Great skateboarding game with a huge difficulty curve.

3 Everybody's Gone To The Rapture/Eddith Finch- Exploratiin games with minimal distractions, they look amazing too.

4 Santa Monica Games(ex. Flower, Flow, and The Unfinished Swan)- Great small memorable titles that will stay with you forever.

If your one of the lucky people that just ended up getting a PS4 feel free to add me to play.

you forgot until dawn! that's another really awesome game.

highly recommended for everyone that likes games similar to quantic dream's games (this wasn't developed by quantic dream and i found it even better than heavy rain and beyond)

Definitly "Until Dawn", got a very good plot and character development with some interesting topics, beyond the typical "jump-scare-horror"- genre. Unnecessary jump scares in the beggining though.

the jumpscares were indeed necessary because the game is supposed to be an homage/parody/satire of every horror movie, including cliches, stereotypes, ghosts, killers, spirits, teenagers, sex, etc and the jumpscares is another cliche that is found on every horror movie, so the game was designed to be more like an interactive horror movie experience rather than a true horror game, just a parody of the whole horror movie genre.

the jumpscares were indeed necessary because the game is supposed to be an homage/parody/satire of every horror movie, including cliches, stereotypes, ghosts, killers, spirits, teenagers, sex, etc and the jumpscares is another cliche that is found on every horror movie, so the game was designed to be more like an interactive horror movie experience rather than a true horror game, just a parody of the whole horror movie genre.

I didn't think all of them were unnecessary, in my opinion some of them (ch. 1 & 2) were too obvious, didn't even flinch. They're suposed to make you uneasy after all... or maybe I'm just a tough cookie like that.

Nah, but seriously, I know that it was designed that way and I get your point. 

I didn't think all of them were unnecessary, in my opinion some of them (ch. 1 & 2) were too obvious, didn't even flinch. They're suposed to make you uneasy after all... or maybe I'm just a tough cookie like that.

Nah, but seriously, I know that it was designed that way and I get your point. 

yeah but like i said they were too obvious at the beginning because that's the kind of jumpscares that is always present on teen horror movies at their beginning, so they had to put it in the game as a reference.

they weren't put there to actually trying to scare you, they had to put them even if they weren't scary because that's how an horror movie starts, with a cheap jumpscare made by someone's friend or made by an animal or something, i believe you must have watched a horror movie that starts like that, and they just wanted to capture the feel of a movie like that.

Edited by smellslikejavier

I only saw it once, correct me if I'm wrong but Transistor is a fantastic game with a "to die for" soundtrack. But if you want to get a huge game with a lot of content, most of it free (plus you get physical content, I think the game ships with the soundtrack and a poster so cool right?), I'd spend my money on the Witcher 3.

I've also enjoyed Telltale Games like Wolf Among Us, and simple indie games with charm like Child of Light

Edited by daerksiea

Something I don't see often enough is getting the Playstation Plus games every month. If you decide to be a Playstation + member, there is no reason not to get these games. Sure, every once in a while a game won't be a ton of fun, but some games I've gotten as a free game are a blast to play. But for AAA titles, I recommend any of the Assassin's Creed titles, Watch_Dogs, Metro Redux if you like shooters, or Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition for a fantastic experience!