Recommend a PS4 Game (New PS4 Owners Look Here)

Parker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm looking for games along the lines of the Senran series, DoAX and visual novels.

For visual novels, try out Hatoful Boyfriend. It rather pokes fun at the genre, but still has a intricate plot and a variety of characters. Bought it for $2.50 on sale and was very entertained.

• 2 weeks later...

For this list, I've kept to games which I've personally played through, not games still on my wish list which I know will be great, or games of which I haven't finished the story yet.

Feel free to recommend me anything based on this list and my own played games list. As you can see, I'm a man of many different tastes (heheh). Though most of my attention lies with (sandbox) action-adventures and platformers, I tend to play almost if not all genres.

That a game is on this list doesn't mean I love it unreservedly. For instance, Until Dawn is (in my eyes) almost ruined by the unlikeable main characters, but it is still a great horror story.

Action-Adventure:

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Batman: Arkham Knight

Grand Theft Auto V

inFAMOUS: Second Son

Just Cause 3

The Last Of Us

LEGO Dimensions

LEGO Jurassic World

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

Middle-Earth: Shadow Of Mordor

Adventure:

Octodad: Dadliest Catch

FPS:

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Horror:

Alien: Isolation

Until Dawn (also counts as interactive fiction)

Interactive Fiction:

The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter

The Wolf Among Us

Music:

Guitar Hero Live

Pinball:

The Pinball Arcade

Platformer:

LIMBO

Rayman Legends

Stealth Inc.

Super Meat Boy

Super Star Wars

Teslagrad

Thomas Was Alone

Point And Click (Classic):

The Day Of The Tentacle

Grim Fandango

Puzzle:

Road Not Taken

Q.U.B.E.

Racing:

The Crew

Star Wars: Racer Revenge

Trackmania Turbo

Relaxing:

Flower

Hohokum

RPG:

South Park: The Stick Of Truth

Shoot 'em Up:

Velocity 2X

Stealth:

CounterSpy

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

• 1 month later...

digimon story was really good if your into the whole monster raising thing.

dragon ball xenoverse is the best dragon ball z game ever made. you get to create your own character and time travel throughout DBZ history. it also has an original story. 

Neverwinter online is an mmo but super fun and addicting.

Since my post of just over two months ago, I have played the following games I'm willing to recommend (and yes I know I'm not really sticking to a specific genre, I play a bit of almost everything):

Unravel

Bloodborne

Uncharted 4

Flame Over

Nova-111

Ratchet & Clank

Broken Age

DOOM

Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Edited by BillyHorrible

• 2 weeks later...

All Killzone Series

Alien Isolation (A Must)

Infamous Second Son

Outlast

Witcher 3

Dying Light

Hayley774.png?5283

I've been using my Trophy Cabinet for my top 10 favorite games for the PS4. Uncharted and Bloodborne are must plays, but I'd also recommend lesser known games: Valkyria Chronicles (one of my favorite games of all-time), Salt and Sanctuary (2D Dark Souls), and Life is Strange (interactive story, which is every bit as good as Telltale Games). I'd also recommend Alien: Isolation, even if you aren't into horror/sci-fi, like me.

Someone mentioned Alien: Isolation here, it's a really great game, play it on hard difficulty to get the full experience.

You should also get Valkyria Chronicles remastered, it was originally released on the ps3. It's a really great turned based and underrated strategy rpg game

From what I've played...

Uncharted 4

Wolfenstein New Order

Infamous First Light/Second Son

Dead Nation (Free game at the time)

Rocket League (Free game at the time)

Edited by Pyrotheseus

Mortal Kombat X, if anyone is into old mk games and is a fan like me of the franchise, defo get this game. Its very fun gameplay, fun online gaming, fun to stream on twitch and good story mode! :D

Naruto storm 4, anyone who is a naruto fan.

Fallout 4.

Uncharted 4.

Dark Souls 3.

Batman Arkham Knight

Infamous: Second Sons.

Witcher 3.

Edited by Amelinda Lady Luxii

FPS:

- Destiny

- Bortherland 2

- Wolfenstein: the new order

Action-adventure:

- Unchartered ,all of them

- The Last of Us

- God of War

- Tomb Raider

Open World

- Second sons

- Shadows of Mordor

- Farcry (4 and primal)

- AC (black flag, unity and syndicate)

- Witcher3

- Batman Arkham

- GTA 5

- Just Cause 3

Plateformer

- Tearaway

- Teslagrad

- Unravel

- Rayman

Some are defenitly my favorite games i've played for the last 2 years.

And now some of them are dirty cheap To buy now.

• 3 weeks later...

I really recommend THE.BIT TRIP, a collection of games from a indy developer that focuses a series of levels around a specific game mechanic that has been, for the most part, a very fun experience for me. Growing up on old arcade games gave it a nostalgic feeling that I hadn't had in awhile.

Although, I, nearing the end of my collection of games, am at a loss as to what to play next.

• 5 weeks later...

Okay, then I am not having it. Probably will do it if I get a job, because I have a monthly fee for GameFly already and my parents are very kind to give me that. I don't want to burn their trust by having another monthly fee tacked onto my bills. :(

BUT BE WARNED: If you want the platinum trophy, you'll have to do some brutal and time-consuming challenges. Lightning Dodger, anyone?

Also, played Rayman Origins, heard that Legends was just as bad because you have to keep doing the daily challenges to get some meter up to a certain point for a gold trophy. :unsure:

EDIT: Might as well contribute to the thread since I don't want to seem like a jerk...

LEGO Batman 3: If you hate LEGO games, this game will convert you. It was the first PS4 game I played and it was awesome. Let me just say this - before I played this game for PS4, I didn't care about LEGO games and I didn't care about the DC universe. This game changed me on both accounts. The voice acting is spot-on and while the races are brutal, they aren't as bad as LEGO MARVEL. If you loved Banjo-Kazooie, you'll love this game.

Ratchet and Clank Collection: A great series of games with a lot of humor. I didn't realize it was a Third Person shooter, all I cared about what that I was blowing things up. Now I see why people love Call of Duty and other FPS. :)

Ratchet and Clank.. I've only played the first one for PS3, but recently bought the PS4 version. It can be fun, but the PS3 game's checkpoints sucked so much. Lego Batman 3's voice acting was TERRIBLE, especially compared to Lego Marvel games. If you want to hear great DC character va, play Arkham series.

Here are some essentials if you just got a PS4.

- Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

- Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection (If you didn't play these on the PS3)

- Until Dawn

- Last of Us Remastered

- inFamous Second Son

- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

- Akiba's Trip

Tearaway Unfolded. If you loved the Vita version, this version is much more easier trophy-wise, there are no "get through a level without dying" trophies, which is good because I died a LOT in this. But I enjoyed every part of it and the story was mostly the same except for the Scraps. ;)