Recommend a PS4 Game (New PS4 Owners Look Here)

Parker

Not to sure if anyone has mentioned these yet, but:

These are just a few of the games that come to find when I think about the concept of bang for your buck, since buying a new ps4 is no small expense.

1. Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition, a truly great game I picked up about a week ago from a weekly sale on the PS store. It's still pretty cheap though after the sale. I'd recommend getting the GOTY Edition because it includes all the DLC for the game and a few extra features for a little increase in the price apposed to the normal version. I'd probably rate this game a 9/10 since the graphics are amazing, the story is pretty good (it plays off in the same world and story as Lord Of The Rings), gameplay mechanics a fluent and although the campaign is relatively short there is plenty of side-quests and DLC for you to do to get a truly fair amount of gameplay from this game.

2. Next up if you enjoy racing games the you should definitely pick yourself up a copy of Need for Speed Rivals from the PS Store. It's currently on sale at a markdown of 75% I believe. I for one am not the biggest fan of racing game in general, but I usually make an exception for NFS. Rivals is no different. I absolutely loved my time playing the game putting in a great deal of time into it. I went on to actually platinum the game, which is not rather difficult I would say. To give a rating for this game I'd probably end up scoring it 8/10 for a good amount of content that's fun to play. The visuals are also pretty impressive as well. The gameplay is pretty intense and you would feel totally at home if you are a racing game player fanatic. Honestly for what you get I don't see any other games at the moment in the PS Store that would give you more bang for your buck.

3. On the Free-To-Play side my number one recommendation without a doubt has to be Warframe. Some may argue that it becomes quite grindy once you progress far into the game, but the type of gameplay and huge array of weapons and warframes (characters) to play with to always keep things interesting. Besides being able to use real money to buy in-game currency (Platinum), this is a totally free-to-play game that does not even require any type of subscription to it. An important thing to note is that though you can choose to play single player, you have to have an active internet connection to run the game. My personal rating for this game is 10/10 and I have clocked in around 350 hours into the game and still feel the joy from playing it since the day I started playing it. From weapons to warframes it doesn't really get any more diverse than this.

3 Games you can pick up for cheap (and free :) ) that can possibly get you the same or even more of a great gaming experience than a lot of the more expensive AAA titles can give you.

Feel free to send me feedback and to ask about any games you feel you might enjoy.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

My top 5 recommendations would be:

5. Bloodborne

I put it so low because its already an extremely popular game and I like to put emphasis on the more underknown games, however Bloodborne is easily my favourite exclusive.

4.Warhammer endtimes: Vermintide

If you like coop horde mode games a la Left4Dead this is a must. One big drawback is that you really need a team to regularly play with because the game can be pretty difficult and requires alot of communication and very good teamwork.

3.The Talos Principle

An amazing first person puzzle game with a large focus on exploration and a very interesting narrative about humanity. The game is open ended with multiple endings and ways to tackle the game. Think of a mix between Portal and the witness.

2. Axiom Verge

A love letter to the old Metroid games. If you're into metroidvania games this is a must buy.

1. Divinity: Original Sin

It's sad how underknown this awesome rpg is due to it being overshadowed by other more famous rpg's. This game is meant for die hard fans of classic crpg's in which there are no quest marks or fetch quests, instead you have to explore the very cleverly designed world and talk to npcs to find out the solutions for the puzzles and quests you face to gain Xp and a shit ton of loot. The game supports seamless local and online coop even when both players are on the opposite side of the map

Many thanks for reading through my stupidly long post here have no potato

• Like 1

- Nights of Azure

- Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

- Odin Sphere 

- Dragon Quest Builders

- Gravity Rush Remastered

- Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book

- Grand Kingdom

- World of Final Fantasy

- Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ratchet and Clank PS4: One of my favorite PS4 exclusives easily. This game is so much fun to play, and the game is just beautiful as well. Highly recommend this one.

Witcher 3 The Wild Hunt: This is probably my game of the generation. The story is fantastic, and the side quests are just the best side quests I have seen in a game. Visually it looks fantastic and the combat is great in my opinion. 

Gravity Rush 1 and 2: I love the art style for this game, and the gameplay is really fun. Kat is an awesome character as well. 

• Like 1

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator: Super excellent and deep fighter. Amazing anime visuals. Rocking heavy metal soundtrack and lengthy story mode.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva X: Addictive rhythm game with plenty of techno J-Pop goodness with stretchable difficulty. Should always put a smile on your face.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's a few recs from myself and my colleagues (I work in Tech so I've had lots of suggestions from console gamers since purchasing a PS4)

Uncharted 4 (such a good story, unreal motion capture, just all around a great game), The Last of Us Remastered (even if you were a fan on PS3, seriously get it, the graphics are gorgeous!), Horizon Zero Dawn (haven't played this but it's been highly recommended to me and the playthroughs I've watched are stunning), BlackWood Crossing (if you like indie games and/or Tim Burton) and Yooka-Laylee (won a copy of this myself so will be playing soon, colleagues say it's very Spyro & PS2-reminiscent!)

Edited by ahoyimzoe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My top ten recommended PS4 games are.....

1. Uncharted 4; A thief's end

2. Horizon Zero Dawn

3. DOOM

4. Battlefield 1

5. Titanfall 2

6. Overwatch

7. Rise of the Tomb Raider

8. Batman; Arkham Knight

9. Wolfenstein; The New Order

10. Destiny

Edited by Pershing24

• 5 weeks later...

Someone needs to mention it, so I will:

PREY

This is the best game on PS4, and to be honest it isn't even a close competition. There are a few other games fighting it out for second place:

DISHONORED 2

BLOODBORNE

HORIZON ZERO DAWN

DARK SOULS 2: SCHOLAR ot FIRST SIN

etc.

...but none come close to the king.

The incredible freedom to explore, the sense of place and time, the intricately crafted backstories of the space station and people on it, the skill trees, the freedom to play how you want to play, the phenomenal soundtrack and sound design -everything about this game is brilliant.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

These are probably the top 5 games I can highly recommend for a new owner!

1.) The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (and the 2 expansions! ?)

2.) Driveclub

3.) Overwatch

4.) The Last of Us Remastered 

5.)  Horizon Zero Dawn

3 bonus recommendations, free of charge!

DIRT Rally

Unravel (I freakin' love this game)

Battlefield 1

Edited by Next3Exits
  • Like 1

A few people have said it already, but I'll repeat the sentiment: if you like old-school Metroid games,

AXIOM VERGE

is the game to play. Unlike so many pretenders to the Metroid(vania) legacy, Axiom Verge knows exactly what it is, and plays to that strength. There are no "modern" tropes here. No "RPG-like" elements. Just pure, classic gameplay.

On the other hand, if you like a more modern feel to your revisitations of old haunts, 

BLOODBORNE

has you covered. This is easily the best successor to the legacy of the great Metroid and Castlevania games (and I'm talking the pure Castlevania from the NES days, and not its PS1 amalgamation with Metroid).